LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hole Saw

I had a propane dryer hooked up by the gas company a few weeks ago. I finally got around to getting the vent kit and hole saw to finish and start using it. You'd think that if a place sells a vent kit, they'd carry the right size hole saw?

Necessity is the mother of invention, or creativity ;) The bottom line is you get the thing installed and didn't have to buy another tool that you are going to use only once...how many other holes would you be cutting??...so actually you saved money! Granted you had to do the job in a more difficult manner, but hey, now you can say you did it yourself! with tools you already had! ;)

Sounds like a win to me! :D

I've been doing it that way for ages ;) but I'm looking into a holesaw now as an upgrade. I'm loaded on the smaller sizes B) One of the things you may have been running into is that the one you need, being a very popular size, was simply sold out :o There are a few tools I use which are like that so when I find them, I get more than one and begin looking for more once the second one goes into service. If you weren't in the business you wouldn't know which ones sell out like that :whistling: If you get struck like this again, check plumbing supply houses. It won't be cheap as they sell only good stuff, but chances are that they will have the size you're looking for in stock and if they don't somebody there will know where to get one and point you that way (even if it's their competitor!).

Often times you can rent a piece of power equipment for a job that you will do once of a very few times. This is true in the musici business. Some stores rent sound equipment and some instruments on a per job basis either two big-name acts or persons whose equipment is broken or in that shop for repair

In that case, you need to know and be able to communicate to professionals either what piece you want or the specifications ofthe job that you are doing. When my uncle was alive and he needed to replace or upgrade a part of a truck or tool he would call the company (the Ford dealer or Burn's Saw) tell them what he needed or sayhe was coming in with the item and off we would go. I still do must business like that in person. I get criticized for it, but it has much mor gravitas meaning it shows that I know what I am doing and that I am serious about it. Also, having a personal, visual presence amkes it harder to "put you off" since you are there as a fully present, full-sized person

Necessity is the mother of invention, or creativity ;) The bottom line is you get the thing installed and didn't have to buy another tool that you are going to use only once...how many other holes would you be cutting??...so actually you saved money! Granted you had to do the job in a more difficult manner, but hey, now you can say you did it yourself! with tools you already had! ;)

Sounds like a win to me! :D

Yea, that's how I'm looking at it. I dried my clothes last night and it was everything I thought it would be and more :D

Might have had to cut through rim joists- doubled so 3" worth of cutting through #2 SYP :o Either a sawzall or holesaw is needed for that. Did a similar a few months ago- one hole carefully done was 3 minutes with a new blade in the tigger saw :whistling: If you have the arbor for it, a 4 1/4 saw is about $17 here- may be worth it for one cut, you can sell it for $12 the next day ;)

I have always said, I would LOVE to walk into a hardware store with about $10,000.00. The sad part is, that would only get me started on the things I'd like to get :wub:

I had a propane dryer hooked up by the gas company a few weeks ago. I finally got around to getting the vent kit and hole saw to finish and start using it. You'd think that if a place sells a vent kit, they'd carry the right size hole saw?

I sympathize with your gripe! I have a nice gooseneck lamp, but the retaining nut that holds the pole to the base broke and the threads on the nut stripped. (Maybe it's a "stripper pole," huh?) Anyway, I looked all over in two home improvement stores (electrical AND lighting departments AND hardware) but can't find the silly little replacement nut. Chances are good that I'll have to go to a lighting specialty store to get a forty-cent part!