LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another bowel incontinent question

I would think that the answers vary widely from person to person & level of control. The first question I won't answer because I'm not sure what your asking. Second question is for me yes. It's holding back that I have a problem with. Lastly, sitting for me generally helps hold off a BM but you gotta stand at some point hence starts what happens. If I've been sitting a while I will also flood a little more to. So the combination can make for a situation I would not want to be in a social setting. Standing for me is ideal if I cannot get to the restroom as gravity helps get things to the lower containment area of a diaper. Sleeping or lying down on my side during the night I always have a movement but its incomplete. As soon as I start to get up or have moved around some it will finish but I sometimes may push a bit or get to the washroom but that can be risky while bending over to remove clothing or the diaper. I may finish at that point and that could be a little bit of a mess so I'd rather just finish in the diapers and keep it contained I think

Spokanegirl...

For me, it is no different from normal bowel movements...just not something I can stop, and it goes quickly...my guts do not like whatever it is inside!

Now, it is usually much faster than getting up in the morning and sitting on the pot for ten minutes, which I also do. holding off is hard, best done lying do wn still..usually because my wife is in the bathroom!

Though I'm not fecally incontinent, I have had a number of accidents over the years. Most often they have occurred within an hour after having a large meal. Suddenly, I very urgently need to go. Most of the time I've been able to maintain control until I get to a toilet. However, if I can't for some reason, I lose all control.

I was wondering if anyone here has noticed a pattern to when their bowel movements occur and have been able to maintain a semblance of control by changing when or how much they eat.

Diet is everything! Pasta & meat run through me. Coffee really speeds things up. Food high in fiber are good & veggies in moderation also but everybody id different.

May I suggest the use of Nullo 3 times per day? After about a week the tablets kick in well and drastically reduce odors & in some settings save a lot of embarrassment. Cuts back on gas odor also. If at all possible when the untimely void take place stand whenever possible (within reason) so things will end up in the containment area. Makes for a quicker clean up I've found. But you probably already know that.

Not bowel incontinent but with me it's usually very sluggish digestion with the once-a-month or so exceptions being nearly explosive in nature. When that happens I have from 15 seconds (rarely) to a minute's (the usual) warning, and when it begins there is no slowing or stopping it. The quantity varies but any is more than I want. Mine is a combination of polyps, some poorly done surgery, and a digestive system that is intolerant of some foods and some circumstances such as eating when I'm not hungry. I don't know what causes that last one but like the rest of my life I've just learned to live with it, watch for the warning signs, avoid the triggers when I can, and deal with it when it happens bcause there ain't much else I can do.

I tried Nullo years ago when I first started having the problem. However, given the intermittent nature of the problem and a lousy memory for taking pills, I eventually stopped using Nullo. Also, the color that it turns the feces is absolutely repulsive. I have to admit that it does reduce the odor, though.

• 1 year later...