LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tinnitus Awareness Week Is Next Week (Effects Me Alot, Part Of Meniers Syndrom)

JUST found this actually posted on a meniers support forum, and it dose effect me a lot, I know quite a few of you know that already, and some may be experiencing it themselves to one degree an another.

Most have experienced it briefly - it's basically what happens when you have been listening/hearing something at a LOUD volume (like machinery, a rock concert, exc.) for a long time, then suddenly the volume drops.

That soft beep that goes away in a few hours or so is tinnitus.

I have developed a constant ringing in my ears in the last few years and wasn't sure what it was, and I don't remember having it as a kid. I just attributed it to just getting old. I was around loud noises, but only periodically, not constant exposure, so not sure where it developed from. I hadn't noticed it today actually until I read your post :badmood: ...so thanks! :P

Anyways, I also don't know what Menier's, is, but I guess I can look it up.

Good luck to those who have to deal with this at the chronic level, I imagine it can be really irritating, if it's anything more than what I'm dealing with.

Well, me "white noise" is actually a TV..Also If there is no light, but eyes are opened, vertigo is a sure thing, and quickly.

And without my background noise - even a good sleep medication won't work because tinnitus gets that annoying.

At home it's NBD really, my wife if very use to sleeping with the light and the TV on.

High blood pressure can be a cause, but there are many causes and few solutions :( Mine is continuous and loud and decades old <_< It's something you learn to live with cause if you don't they'll put you in a rubber room :o I miss hearing silence and I miss a lot of conversation but there's nothing to be done for that now. Protect your hearing well or you may wish that you had when the word you say the most becomes "Huh?"

None of the above apply to me except for loud sound damage, I am so guilty of abusing my ears that way :blush: I am nearly deaf in one ear and the other has somewhere around 30% hearing left. Certain tone ranges get distorted in volume so that some speech sounds like 'aBraCa-aBra' to me. I have to decipher the 'pops' to figure out what was said :screwy: Some voices I can almost not hear at all and few come through well- that puts huge dents in one's social life :whistling:

I am 10% service connected for Tinnitus. Its the MOST common service connected disorder for veterans. For me i was going to the VA for medical anyway and paying co pay and another veteran told me to apply for service connection for Tinnitus and i would no longer have to pay co-pay for my medications and i would get travel pay for my appointments. I worked in engine rooms on navy ships and in the early 1970s the navy did not supply proper hearing protection If my hearing gets worse and i need hearing aids i will qualify for another 10% for hearing loss.