LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Steamed Diapers

I just had an idea, and some free time so I decided to test it. I always hate how getting a new diaper out of the package leaves them all stiff and flat. I've tried airing them out before wearing with some success but the new way is way better. I took a new Tena Slip Maxi out of the package, let it sit all day them lightly sprayed it with water froma spray bottle. Don't over do it, just enough to soak the inner layer. Then Put it in the microwave for about two minutes. Check it every 30 seco0nds or so, you dont want to melt it. When it is done let it sit for a few minutes to cool, it will be full, fluffy and warm when you put it on and feels amazing!

There's nothing unsafe about using the microwave as long as you watch it closely so it doesn't melt or catch fire. Spraying the inner lining just gets the water onto the diaper, as it heats the steam will soak into the fibers causing them to expand. When it's done all the moisture is gone from the heat and you're left with a super fluffy but still tough diaper ready to wear. I tried it with a bambino last night and watched it grow in the microwave. When it was done it was dry as a bone, and over an inch thick but still as tough as if it had just come out if the package.

I have to agree with Angela here. Microwaving the diaper could be chemically altering the plastic, and that's not a risk I'd want to take.

• Like 1

You might change the ability of the diaper material to absorb by putting it in a microwave. Disposable diapers are made with a chemical called sodium polyacrylate, which is designed to absorb water. If you heat it, it may alter the structure of the tiny beads.

It's all based on the level of heat and the type(s) of polymers involved. From what I can discover on Wikipedia it takes more heat than would be generated here to break down the polymer chains ;) And while BPA and pthalates are a concern, it's the ingestion of it that is a problem, not external contact with it. So as best I can tell, unless you're going to be chewing on the heated diaper :rolleyes:

I've not tried it and it seems somewhat silly on many levels...

1. You said you sprinkled water onto the diaper before putting it in a device designed solely to agitate water molecules ... all you're doing here is reducing capacity of the SAP by making it easier for the water to get to it in the best case. [its wasteful]

Every time I log onto the message board and see this topic in the list, I think of a steamed mexi-melt from Taco Bell... mmmmmm!