LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Police Week

Guest Sasha

Ah, that one week of the year where we celebrate murderers. Thank you, oppressors of my rights and heavy hand of the government! What would we do without you?

I presume he is merely pointing out that not everyone's experience with police has been positive - how many cases of police abuse, racism, murder, excessive force, extortion, cover ups, etc have there been?

Thanks to all of our law enforcement personnel. While I absolutely appreciate the thankless job that our armed services do day and day out, let's just say I have a unique perspective on the job that our law enforcement does daily. I truly appreciate all that they endure, all that they give, and all that they sacrifice on a daily basis to make our country and our communities safer. I think being a police officer is the epitome of a thankless job...

• Like 1

I presume he is merely pointing out that not everyone's experience with police has been positive - how many cases of police abuse, racism, murder, excessive force, extortion, cover ups, etc have there been?

This is a privately owned website, and you do not have any more freedom to say anything here than the owner wants you to have. Just like I can't go into your home and tell you what to do there- or the reverse of that <_< We're pretty open minded here but we don't tolerate bashing or personal attacks. And this coming from someone who had been wrongfully convicted of crimes 4 times because of bad police work! Even with that I don't have to bash good cops, nor do I have a problem with them B) The bad ones, well that's another story that I don't have to tell here so I won't.

Please cancel my menbership. when you aer not allowed to exercise your fist amendment to free speech on this forum, there is no need to have a forum.

Sorry, but the limits DailyDi has on forums and chat are actually what make them worthwhile. They basically amount to being civil, in particular not attacking individuals. That isn't much. -- it means you need very strong evidence before you can criticise someone's heart or worth.

Now, as to the issues at hand. There have to be boundaries, or the strong will dispossess the weak. The cops have major issues right now, and it is not clear, as violent crime statistics are down, whether or not this is because the violent young males in the police are now committing more crime, or if we are simply aware, since its big news when the cops kill someone. You have heard about the cops in Bakersfield, CA thos week, I presume? Nine of them killed a man who was apparently intoxicated, and they illegally confiscated all of the video, contrary to recent court rulings.

You probably also have heard of the recent flap over the FBI getting the AP call records in what basically amounts to a fishing expedition, and hounding genius Aaron Swartz to death over something that should never have been a crime. Then there is the embarrasing frameup of Kim Dotcom and MegaUpload, where they are accusing him of copyright infringement when he was specifically told to not remove those files by law enforcement. Eric Holder has a lot to answer for and something is very rotten in the state of Denmark.

The question we should be asking is not whether cops are good or bad...they are people, just like you and me. The question to ask is how to re-align their incentives and their training and experience so they don't turn into bad cops and drive out those that truly do serve the public.

Somewhere, I read the wife of a thirty-something cop discussing how his personality had changed for the worse over the years. I believe that those changes were driven by the constant, necessary dealing with crooks, liars, and cheats that is a part of most cops jobs.

Likewise, I believe that our terrorism response has largely been an expensive show, and that much foreign terrorism is driven by a sense of inequality and unfairness, coupled with desperation.

I invite you to give evidence to contradict my position.

In the US youre statistically more like to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, whens terrorist appreciation week? (/facetious post)

Even though this was and is a "facetious" post I thought that this statistic may be interesting. In 2012 there were 583 persons killed by law enforcement and there were about 900,000 law enforcement persons employed at that time in the USA and there were 120 law enforcement deaths for 2012. Now not being a math person I would guess that would be a real low number of police officers that actually killed someone in 2012. Not saying that there aren't bad cops out there I know that there are I have known a few and seen a few that got fired and a couple that went to jail. But with 900,000 people serving and protecting in the USA the number of bad cops compared to those doing a good job for everyone is low too I would fathom.

In the US youre statistically more like to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, whens terrorist appreciation week? (/facetious post)

This could well be the most disgusting, malicious post in the history of DD.

• Like 1