LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I don't really go through that many being a recreational wearer and I don't have an outside garbage bin (live in an apartment) so while it's not the most frugal thing in the world, I store them in ziplock bags inside a garbage bag. They seem to keep about a week like that before the smell starts to permeate the ziplocks in any notable way. I have an usually good sense of smell as well, or so I have been told.

For my self when i change a wet diaper i just roll it up and toss it the large 30 gal kitchen trash. realy the kitchen garbage can sits in a tinny room between the kitchen and the bathroom. and that trash get tossed out to big out side bin about every 2 days. never realy had a problem with diaper smell. If i have some one comming over to the house the wife will tell me to toss more trash on top of the diapers from other bins or just take it out.

dealing with messy diaper that is a different game, they get put in bathroom trash tied up and put in large kitchen trash and out to the big dumpster with in the hour. (Wife will not deal with messy diaper or the smell) for me to have a messy diaper is rare. If i messed on purpose wife would put me out in the trash. lol

Yeah they're a lot more effective than grocery bags. I buy the store brand in large boxes. Like I said, not the most frugal thing in the world but I go through few enough of them it doesn't really matter that much. One box of 80 lasts me a few months at least. I want to say the bags for 80 are around $10. Which isn't too bad spread over a few months.

Diaper Dekor XL. Somewhat contains the smell but needs to be taken out every couple days even if not full because the smell can still escape. At the end of the day, I think a good sealing trash can with a flip lid is just as effective, probable much cheaper, you can use a variety of bags instead of specialty ones and requires less explaining if someone were to find it. One's a diaper pail, one a trash can.

All in all, I really haven't found a way to get rid of the smell and masking it with things like air-fresheners just makes it smell like someone wizzed in the rose bush if you get what I mean. I think your best bet is bagging it and to an outside trash can sooner than later. Keeping it indoors just let's the smell stay. When I put them in the big garbage in the garage, it doesn't seem to smell at all for some reason but in the Dekor in the closet, whoooo eeee. Yup, smells.

I was thinking of trying the dekor Xl also. Have a standard can right now, don't care to mich about the Xl looking like a diaper pail. Thats kind of why I want one make it a bit more babyish. My existing can doesn't do much for smell being soon as loud opens the whole diaper stash is exposed. I might try an Xl see if it works out. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

They also make scented diaper sacks for disposables that you can get to help contain things. They are available at 'amazon' and 'Adult cloth diaper" and other sites I am sure. But they are designed with a light scent to mask the 'less pleasant' odors until you can dispose of the contents.

Heres some from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Sacks-Roll-250-Count/dp/B000YFU8EO/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1368074145&sr=1-2&keywords=adult+diaper+sacks

http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Disposable-Counts-Diaper-Sacks/dp/B0007V644S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368073641&sr=8-1&keywords=diaper+sacks

And from Adult cloth diaper:

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/Pails-Laundry/Fresh-Sacks250.html

You might also just consider a diaper pail also. Several have a deodorizer in the lid to keep smells down,and they have plastic bag liners so you don't have to dump the whole pail. They also have a couple like kids diaper disposal units that will accept adult sized diapers and they seal everything so no smells escape. Then you can keep it in a closet of some other hidden space that no one can easily 'see', so it's out of sight out of mind :thumbsup:

Ok, thanks for all the suggestions, that kinda colors in the picture for what I have to work with. Guess I'll just hunt around and see what will work best for me. :D

There are some models that have an opening large enough to be able to take an adult disposable, even something as large as a molicare super plus! :o I don't know which ones though, I think you have to look around to find the ones with a larger opening. Not sure if a diaper genie model will work, but it does for willnotwill evidently. maybe he's using a thiner diaper that works.*shrug* I don't know what he wears, but if it's something like Attends, then yeah, they should fit.

I used a Diaper Genie right after they came out, the first series they made had a small opening, but since then they have a bigger "mouth". Granted I wear a small and my Moli's went right in. I think it held about 13 or 14 of them. I always thought it looked like a big purple caterpillar when I emptied it :P

As long as I don't mess in it I can just leave it in my kitchen garbage can for around a week. Maybe I'm just used to it but my diapers only really stink if I mess them. If I do mess them I will put them inside of a garbage bag and tie several knots in the bag itself to keep the smell contained. That usually keeps things stink free for a couple days. After that though I like to throw them out just because they start to gross me out.

I guess I'm just unusually fastidious and very sensitive to smells. I got it from my mother, she is the same way. Both she and I can still smell where one of their cats peed on a couch even though it was years ago and has been cleaned professionally several times.

We just use a plastic grocery bag - tipically that will hold between 1 and 2 days worth of my used diapers (I use between 4 and 6 a day on average) - we live in a trailer park with a few dumpsters, so as soon as the bag is full, it goes in the dumpster, but I lived in a house before we moved here, and there, we just left them outside in a trash can...As for Oder in the house, or room where the used diapers were, we rarely have a problem, and the few times we did, all it took was some air freshener to solve it.

Get a 5 gallon homer bucket from home depot and a screw on lid from Walmart and you will have the best diaper pail ever. No smells can escape it.

Wow that is a very cheap solution, I might have to try it out. That would be almost big enough to hold a weeks worth of diapers (I only use 1-2 a day) and my trash comes once a week. Having this would save me lots of trips down lots of stairs and long driveways. :D (hah, first world problems >.>)

I'm telling you guys, DON'T buy the dekor XL. Waste of money. Requires special bags that cost about $25-30 for a 3 pack that last about 2-3 months if you are 24/7 so figure $10 a month in bags. It fills up quick too and after about 5 Abena M4's, the flaps on top your diaper goes through wont shut anymore unless you empty it or push down the diapers and if you push them down, the door often flings open. Door is not too sturdy and barely latches. Any pressure and it opens. A nice flip top lid can will be 10 times more efficient and cost effective.

Wow that is a very cheap solution, I might have to try it out. That would be almost big enough to hold a weeks worth of diapers (I only use 1-2 a day) and my trash comes once a week. Having this would save me lots of trips down lots of stairs and long driveways. :D (hah, first world problems >.>)