LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning To Accept Your Fetish

Sometime ago, I had an AIDS test, and at that time the results took weeks. I was obviously thinking about it a lot. I had the epihany that my nappy desires ran no risk of AIDS. In fact, wearing nappies has no health penalty or risk factor compared to most adult sexual practice. Therefore, despite it being "odd" or "socially unnacceptable", it's pretty well safe, so that helped me live with it better from then on.

I used to be really ashamed of it myself. Eventually I just realized that there is nothing wrong with it. It sounds like you understand that yourself, so you probably just need to give yourself some time to get used to the idea that it's okay to have a diaper fetish.

I can't speak with much experience about relationships, but I have listened to a fair amount of Dan Savage's podcast and based on what he's said, I think you're in the right mindset with thinking that you need to be comfortable with your fetish when telling a partner about it. He often tells people, no matter the fetish, that the worst thing you can do when telling someone, is act ashamed. If you act ashamed, it's going to likely color their reaction, and they might react as if there's something wrong with your since that is how you're presenting it. So explaining with confidence, while difficult, is the best thing you can do. At least that's what Mr. Savage says. I'm asexual so this sort of thing doesn't come up for me a lot.

I'm in my mid 50's and I've been through a lot :blush: But almost no LTR's :crybaby: It didn't happen when I was younger because I was ashamed to be past my teens and still wetting the bed and occasionally my pants :( It didn't happen after that ended because I was ashamed that I was stuck in a drug habit I didn't want to stop. It didn't happen later when I was ashamed that I had become a closet transvestite who was always in lingerie. It didn't happen even later because after I finally got online and discovered that I was Transgendered I knew there were more changes to come.

i have come to accept my AB/DL who wears diapers and various baby attire but over my childhood when i first took an interest in diapers and that is when my baby persona was born, but my parents were never accepting of it and had me hospitalized in the psych ward throughout my childhood and teen years so i never really made friends or did things normal children would have so when i lived with my mother and step dad they made me feel ashamed and like this is not normal so i repressed my persona until my parents kicked me out at 18 and I found a great home with three other roommates and started couseling at first i was ashamed to talk about it but my therapist got me to talk about it and gradually got me to unlock the vault where my persona lay imprisioned and brought him into the light. now my best friend who is a girl by the way is accepting of my AB/DL side and i talk openly about it with her and my therapist and identify myself as an AB/DL who wears diapers and other baby attire so i had a rough childhood and now am able to not be ashamed and beat myself up over it and i have accepted my AB/DL fetish

I used to feel very similarly. When I was in high school I was extremely paranoid. I thought I'd leave on vacation with my family and somehow everyone on my block would know when I came back. It was bad. I also thought that if people knew, it would literally be the end of my world. It just seemed like it would destroy my life if friends/kids at school found out. I think that's where the source of my paranoia was coming from. Fast forward ten years. At some point during college, I stopped worrying about what other people think (friends and loved ones are a different story of course). I started loving myself instead of feeling self conscious. All the little things I used to worry about (like scars) I just accepted as a part of me. It was a process. I realized the diapers were a part of me as well, and they weren't going away, as witnessed by all the binge and purge cycles of my youth. I don't sexualize them, so thankfully not telling my partner doesn't affect my sex life. But the first time I told a girlfriend (in high school) she was amazing and took an interest and wanted to understand why I felt what I did. So I also know what a loving partner's response should be. As you get older you naturally become more confident in yourself and worry less what others think. It's comes earlier for some than others. Just remember that you're okay, that you're okay with the decisions you make, and that others should be too.

Years ago I used to think I was a freak,then I found this site and others and learned to accept it for what it is.It is only after telling my wife about it,I really managed to accept myself.

The theft thing is interesting. The only time I have ever stolen anything was a handful of occasions where I stole pads or diapers from family and friends. It was only a few times, but given my complete lack of any interest in ever stealing anything else I think that's a pretty meaningful indicator or both how strong the desire is and how harsh the shame/embarrassment was/is.