LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Best Thing For Diaper Rash?

If its really bad, go to your doctor and get some decent topical corticosteroids. Also, If its looking like it might be or could get infected, they can prescribe something with an antibiotic and/or anti-fungal component.

Well i used a combination of both witchhazel to get rid of the burn... it's a soother, i should have thought of that in the first place. but the rash still remain. witchhazel only does so much. BUT! i bought a tube of

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the products mentioned are mostly barrier creams to prevent the chafing and rash. Once you develop a rash the creams will prevent it from worsening. I have heard using distilled vinegar (white) , a moistened cloth wiping the affected area, let air dry.

Have not tried this technique yet, but I heard this from and elder DL who swears by it.

Sometimes the right powder can help as well. I've never found one that did more to clear up rashes than Ammens powder--the only downside is the price. It's quite expensive.

I have to agree on the Boudreaux's, and the smell does make me imagine it was brewed by some old Cajun guy in the swamp, but you can't argue with what works. I've had some pretty serious rashes myself, and it cleared them up amazingly fast.

this is because it was developed by a grandfather for his grand kids in Louisiana using some old Cajun remedy

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is "the best thing" for diaper rash but my doctor prescribed Zincofax for me

and it works exceedingly well at cooling down the irriated skin. I suffer from nocturnal incontinence

caused by a condition known as Sleep Apnea so the cream really comes in handy at bed times.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the products mentioned are mostly barrier creams to prevent the chafing and rash. Once you develop a rash the creams will prevent it from worsening. I have heard using distilled vinegar (white) , a moistened cloth wiping the affected area, let air dry.

Have not tried this technique yet, but I heard this from and elder DL who swears by it.

Desitin has always been a go to for me, however if you want to go for a quick homeopathic remedy, I'd try taking white vinegar and apply it to the effected area, then take some basic corn starch and apply it like you would baby powder and let that mixture sit for 10-15 minutes and that should give you some relief. WARNING It's messy ^_^

I found, in addition to what I mentioned before, that a good medicated powder (such as Ammens) will do wonders. It's a bit pricey, but if it works (and it does), it's worth shelling out a little extra.