LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Kids

We have a 2 month old girl and everything is great. The only thing i'm concerned about is when she get's older and figures out that daddy wears diapers. Will potty training be harder because "but daddy still wears diapers".

These are my concerns. Has anyone gone through this and what can i expect.

Thanks,

Very good question, gotdiapers!

As someone without a medical condition, I never thought it proper to let my daughter see me in a diaper or know about my DL lifestyle. Very different circumstances than yours, I know, but if I was in your situation, I think I would still keep the diaper wearing from her. It's nothing to be ashamed about, but children are very impressionable at that age and it could become an issue, like you said. Only after your daughter has demonstrated the maturity to understand your condition would I even consider telling her about your medical problem and the need for diapers. If you can't hide your diaper wearing, then I guess you have no choice but to communicate your condition to her the best you can and be a little more understanding with her throughout the potty training process. Hope this helps...

you know, i had the same thoughts too. potty training went well for both my kids,the saying "daddy wears em though" never came up. they know i wear diapers, and only one asked why daddy does. when my wife told her, she never gave it a second though, and just went on playing,,lol

so dont sweat it. i think when there brought up around a loved one that has a problem,, it becomes normal for them, and its not an issue. good luck

you know, i had the same thoughts too. potty training went well for both my kids,the saying "daddy wears em though" never came up. they know i wear diapers, and only one asked why daddy does. when my wife told her, she never gave it a second though, and just went on playing,,lol

so dont sweat it. i think when there brought up around a loved one that has a problem,, it becomes normal for them, and its not an issue. good luck

Thank you for the thoughts.

Anybody else want to share their experiences?

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 2 month old girl and everything is great. The only thing i'm concerned about is when she get's older and figures out that daddy wears diapers. Will potty training be harder because "but daddy still wears diapers".

Thanks,

my kids never seemed to care that i was in diapers as they got older, it made them more excepting of others i think

I have one kid - even though Im a DL - I still try to keep my diapers out of sight. I always wear shorts over them and change behind closed doors.

A kids life is complicated enough - I dont think my diapers should impact her one way or another.

Out of curiosity, do any of the AB/DLs of the group have a twinge of regret at potty training time?

I know whenever it happens for me, I'm going to have to beat back the "give kid what I was denied" impulse. After all, this is serious, and not a trip to Disney world :)

Out of curiosity, do any of the AB/DLs of the group have a twinge of regret at potty training time?

I know whenever it happens for me, I'm going to have to beat back the "give kid what I was denied" impulse. After all, this is serious, and not a trip to Disney world :)

I have 2 daughter and coudn't wait for them to be potty trained. I think it would be wrong to not do so.

I have 2 daughter and coudn't wait for them to be potty trained. I think it would be wrong to not do so.

See, I'm not saying "don't potty train". I'm asking if the AB/DLs with kids felt any regret, I'm sure at one time or another we've all fantasized about never being trained. Never would I advocate not doing so.

• 4 months later...

i'm not real qualified to deal with children as i've never had any of my own, i've just been around a few and this is what i would do if i were in the situation...

i'd say just talk to her about it when the time comes. kids, even little ones, are very smart and are usualy not given enough credit...

just tell her honestly that "Daddy wears diapers becouse he needs them." she'll ask "Why" and you get to say something like "daddy got hurt/sick along time ago" and she'll most likely then be concerned for daddys well being and want to know that everything is okay. assure her that daddy is fine, but he just needs diapers now, and proceed to poty train... the only real problem is she is little and you never know when "Daddy wears Diapers" will pop outta her mouth ^^

anyway, anyone who actualy has kids, feel free to override my comment.

Well... first things first, let your WIFE model the potty training behavior. Since you have a daughter that shouldn't be too difficult. I'm speaking from some experience here since I have an (almost three) son that we trained (mostly) ealier this summer. I think whether or not it presents an issue really depends on the child and how eager/resistant they are at toilet training time.

My son was IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! I had vowed when I had him that I would never use the "big boys don't wear diapers" line on him. Of course, at the time I was still married to his father, who sometimes wet the bed, and still had his sister (who is physically handicapped from head to toe from a nervous system cancer she had as a toddler) living with us. Unfortunately, I've broken that rule a few times, because motivating my son is just SO difficult. I've been pretty good though about saying things more along the line of "big boys use the potty." However, that is because toilet training my son was a mental battle, not a physical one. I knew that his body was ready because he could stay dry for HOURS at a time, but he just absolutely refused to sit on the toilet. Finally one day I just broke, and said "no more diapers" (during the day) went to walmart and spent sixty dollars on little boys briefs and cheap cotton shorts. I also bought a couple of packs of cloth diapers and cut folded and sewed them into extra "pads" that were easy to insert into the front of a brief. (This cut down on actual PUDDLES even though his pants still got wet). It took only about two weeks and he was dry at daycare almost entirely. It took several more MONTHS before we mastered training at home. We still have a few bowel accidents, and he's still in pull-ups at night, but nothing severe. We're now facing the SAME battle as before though over standing up. I'm a girl... I can't stand, but my fahter is insistant my son start doing it. So far, at my parents house he'll stand. At daycare he'll stand ONLY if the other boy is with him in the bathroom, and at home he won't stand at all. He's just stubborn.

Hopefully, your little girl won't be as stubborn. I would not hide the fact that you're in diapers from her because you'll NEVER be able to hide it forever, and it just isn't worth the hassle. It's better to be up front. My son sees his big sister in diapers almost every weekend when we visit his grandparents, and that was never an issue in his training. I think it might be because she's a girl and he's a boy. At that age, kids still see an amazing difference between the two sexes. I'm not sure. I know at the daycare my son goes to, the lady's husband is in a wheel chair, and I know he uses diapers because I've seen the box from the delivery company on the porch, but I've never asked how they handle that when the kids are around. (She lives with them now, since her dad is a nutcase and I had no claim to her) Anyway, you still have at least a year, probably two, before you have to worry about what your little girl will think. Try to enjoy these early days and leave later problems for later. Worst case is that she'll train late, after all, unless there's a medical reason peer pressure will overcome any resistance to be "like daddy" by kindergarden.

We're now facing the SAME battle as before though over standing up. I'm a girl... I can't stand, but my fahter is insistant my son start doing it. So far, at my parents house he'll stand. At daycare he'll stand ONLY if the other boy is with him in the bathroom, and at home he won't stand at all. He's just stubborn.

What's wrong with a boy that doesn't want to stand?!

I think that'd be a great trait when he grows up and gets married.... maybe he'll actually put the *@ing seat DOWN!

when i was being potty trained, i didn't like to stand either... had the seat come crashing down on me too many times, and thats not very pleasant. ofcourse i didn't like to sit either, didn't have a training seat and my small bottom would fall in. so it made for a difficult time for my mother.

Well... I don't think there's anything wrong with him sitting down. Actually, ever single guy I've ever dated enough to KNOW how he used the toilet has been a "sitter". However, we live very close to my family, only about a quater mile away, so we see my parents ALOT. My father is convinced that sitting down is totally weird, and that if we don't get my son to stand up now then he'll be teased forever in school.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess if your the only male in the house, it would be nice to place the seat down. That is to say if there are more females, I tend to think it's just as easy for the girl to put the seat up when she's done. Or like I told my wife, I raise it for me you lower it for you, problem solved and another happy 50-50 relationship!

Thanks,

Hi Gotdiapers,

My kids are already 9 and 11 years old. But it has never been an issue to them. But I think you have to tell them what is happening, at least I did, in a language they could understand. I tried to prevent that they would tell everybody that I have to wear, so I told them. And they have accepted it as it was.

I think it's too early to worry about that, enjoy your baby, and have fun!

MadMax

I agree with Brisbys post. :) For now just enjoy her and it will work out.We raised 2 girls(1 3 and 1 1 1/2)I would change away from them;but they knew I wore diapers while asleep.We let them wear diapers at night for awhile till they were ready not to.Potty training was not that hard for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

My girlfriend and I actually discussed this. She thinks, if our kids wants to stay in diapers (when we have one), she should be allowed to... AFTER accomplishing potty training.

"Daddy wears diapers" would be met with "Yes, but he knows HOW to use the potty. After you show us you are able to use the potty, then you can decide which you like better"/

My girlfriend and I actually discussed this. She thinks, if our kids wants to stay in diapers (when we have one), she should be allowed to... AFTER accomplishing potty training.

"Daddy wears diapers" would be met with "Yes, but he knows HOW to use the potty. After you show us you are able to use the potty, then you can decide which you like better"/

I think the concern in this case was when "daddy" did not exactly "know how" to use the potty. Lots of adults who are in car accidents, or simply just never grew out of bedwetting, are in a predicament where the parent no longer IS toilet trained, per say. Also, you have to realize that the standard "acceptable" time frame for toilet training is usually children that are one or two years old... three maybe, but certainly most children are expected to be trained before they are four. Of course, this doesn't always happen, but in general, that's when society, daycare, etc. expect it to occur. Also, most of the time, children don't have alot of logic in place when you talk about some long term "later".

My father is convinced that sitting down is totally weird, and that if we don't get my son to stand up now then he'll be teased forever in school.

Your father is 100% correct about the teasing. He will most certainly without a doubt be teased about and it won't be of the friend ribbing variety either. Kids can be so cruel.

• 1 month later...

i have 3 kids and i'm incontent. my kids know i wear diapers. when i'm at home my 2 boys and i get changed by my wife. my daughter just potty trained and she dosnt care. but in the future if she wants to wear diapers then we'll let her.

i have 3 kids and i'm incontent. my kids know i wear diapers. when i'm at home my 2 boys and i get changed by my wife. my daughter just potty trained and she dosnt care. but in the future if she wants to wear diapers then we'll let her.

You get changed by your wife? Lucky you. Make sure she is WELL AWARE of how much you appreciate her and her task.

You get changed by your wife? Lucky you. Make sure she is WELL AWARE of how much you appreciate her and her task.

she knows that i appreciate it a lot. and at times it's a lot of fun.