LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Les Miserables

Just saw Les Miserables with Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe.

I had no idea Russell Crowe could sing like that.

One of the things that makes this movie so incredible is that all songs were sung and recorded 'live.' As in while being filmed acting out the actions, the actors/actresses were actually signing the songs, without music, not in a studio but right there dancing around the sets, and it was all filmed/recorded at the same time.. just like dialogue would be.

In one of the first songs, when Jean Valjean is in the church/abbey and is singing, he is looking directly into the camera and knowing he is really singing right then, just makes it so much more 'real.'

Incredible movie, and bring lots and lots of tissues. And its not just the end that will make you cry!

Also while there, saw a preview for the new "The Great Gatsby" with Leonardo di Caprio playing Jay Gatsby and Toby Macguire is also in it! I CANNOT WAIT to see this movie. The music is by the same people who did moulin rouge and just watching the preview and I was hooked! The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favorite books, and I've seen almost every movie rendition made of it.

I am a huge fan of Les Miserables... I've seen the play no less then Six times (atleast three times in New York, and twice in London)....maybe more... I've read the book twice.. I just LOVE the power of the story of love and redemtion and just...everything....

I cried through the play, I cried through the movie.. lol

Amazing job

The latest movie is powerful. I liked how it told the Val Jean story well including the breaking of the parole. I did find the closeups disrupting at times. The broader action was lost to the closeup of the singer. I hope that the making of the movie special feature shows more of the background.

• Like 1

The other half and I loved the musical when we saw it in the west end, and we've been wanting to see the film since we learned about it in June last year. Apparently it finally makes it to the UK at the end of this week, so we'll catch it then.

I watched it with my husband who is a huge fan of the English score; he also has seen it on Broadway. I saw the Liam Neeson film release which I liked. I did cry during the Hugh Jackman's version vs Liam Neeson's version though. I definitely recommend bringing tissues. I agree with Sarah_ab that the ending isn't the only time that you will cry.

• 4 weeks later...

Les mis is a superb movie although I agree with the other comments Russell Crowe is good but his singing not as powerful as jackman who was superb,can't wait to buy the DVD

I will sell you a copy ;) Got a screener of it. :P

• 1 month later...

Les mis is a superb movie although I agree with the other comments Russell Crowe is good but his singing not as powerful as jackman who was superb,can't wait to buy the DVD