LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is This The Start Of A Bigger Problem?

Over the past several months and several times throughout the day; I have been barely able to make it to a toilet in time. By the time I get there I can start to feel myself leaking and it's very hard to control. There have been times that I have wet myself slightly before voiding in the toilet.

It seems like once my brain gets the message to go pee, it's a race to the bathroom or I start leaking. Also as stated I have wet myself a few times (small spots) before clamping my hands on my penis. Once my muscle relaxes to go, I can't stop the flow anymore.

My question is: Is this how urge incontinence starts? or do you think this may be nothing at all?

I have talked to my doctor about this once before ( a year ago) and she just gave me a sample of Flomax to try for a week. It helped a little but has now gotten worse over time.

I'm just wondering if this is a sign of something else, I told my wife I will be wearing a mens guard at work for a while.

I have been a diaper lover for many years, but this has nothing to do with my playtime. As I only play on weekends most of the time. Any thoughts from this community would be helpful. Thanks.

3R

Sorry to here of your troubles ,Three Rivers. Despite being an DL and fairly young for incon to be an issue I've been having similar symptoms by the sounds of it. I detailed an incident on here a while ago that happened while at the gym. I was skipping ( as I often do), got a very sudden urge to pee where my bladder went into spasm and I ended up wetting my pants. Since then, maybe thee times a week I'll have smaller leaking/accidents. It always happens with out warning. Other times the urge comes up suddenly, I'll run to the bathroom only to not pee at all. Although I enjoy wearing diapers there's still a huge difference between knowing you can be in control when you want. I saw my GP a couple days a go and she said in my case its probably related to something called prostatitis ( where your prostate becomes swollen) and stress. She gave me some antibiotics and said to see her in two weeks. I’d say go back to your doctor, as a start and maybe they might try you on a different drug. Best of luck in finding a solution

Over the past several months and several times throughout the day; I have been barely able to make it to a toilet in time. By the time I get there I can start to feel myself leaking and it's very hard to control. There have been times that I have wet myself slightly before voiding in the toilet.

It seems like once my brain gets the message to go pee, it's a race to the bathroom or I start leaking. Also as stated I have wet myself a few times (small spots) before clamping my hands on my penis. Once my muscle relaxes to go, I can't stop the flow anymore.

My question is: Is this how urge incontinence starts? or do you think this may be nothing at all?

I have talked to my doctor about this once before ( a year ago) and she just gave me a sample of Flomax to try for a week. It helped a little but has now gotten worse over time.

I'm just wondering if this is a sign of something else, I told my wife I will be wearing a mens guard at work for a while.

I have been a diaper lover for many years, but this has nothing to do with my playtime. As I only play on weekends most of the time. Any thoughts from this community would be helpful. Thanks.

3R

Have you had your prostrate checked out??? I know that I am not male, but I have heard that it can sometimes interfere with the bladder if it gets bigger than normal and can cause bladder leakage and urges to urinate.

At our age, prostate problems can't be ruled out and this can be a symptom of that if it is new to your life. It could be other things too- UI is the description of the noticed symptom and comes from many causes. Until you get it in control a pad or guard isn't a bad idea ;) Based on the cause it could get better or worse, but if left untreated worse is more likely of course. Emotional stress also plays a part here- anything newly stressful in your life (even the problem itself)? When this hits think about the situation you were just in- a pattern may emerge helping diagnose the cause. A urologist often starts with your keeping a 'journal' to find that pattern. Have your GP run a test for BPH (prostate enlargement/cancer risk indicator) and see what comes back. Know that this test isn't highly accurate with a lot of false positives, but a negative result can usually be relied on. A positive result means only that you need further diagnosis, and possibly a Urologist involved at that point. Or if your control has always been tenuous, this may simply occur with aging- my own situation. I've been like what you describe my whole life, with only the severity and frequency changing at random. About 6 years ago pads became necessary for me, then a couple years after that the frequency and amount overwhelmed them so I began diapering. My frequency of need is slowly increasing with my control about the same- as rotten as always :whistling: Most likely you will do better than me so get going on the medical end of things so you will be here for many more years to come B)

Bettypooh

To all thanks for the help, I don't think it's my prostrate but I will see my doctor in a few days anyway to make sure this is not a bigger issue. It's just gotten to the stage where things seem to be getting worse with time. Again thanks for the advice and help. I will see my doctor and get on the right path.

3R

That was exactly the symptoms I had years ago, and it was caused by an enlarged prostrate. Had that fixed, and the incon urges were far less severe, and for a while controllable. Then the cold weather returned and my IC along with it... So while it didn't work for me, it may well work for you. Certainly worth a try.

It sounds like you have developed overactive bladder which can be a precursor to urge incontinence. Your Primary Doctor isn't going to be as well versed as a urologist so he/she is probably just making a few shots in the dark here. If you really wand to get on the right path I'd recommend you get a referral to a urologist.

see a urologist soon

I prefer to view urologists from a safe maximum distance! At least see a doctor. Urologists are just . . . weird. Some months ago I had to sit on this ridiculous potty chair so the urologist could determine if my urine flow was normal. I did warn her that the collection beaker wasn't big enough because I was a heavy wetter. She told me that no bladder could hold more than that. Two hours later (I'm incontinent) I peed for 58.6 seconds, a steady fast flow, that overflowed on her examination floor. Her response? "That's not possible." Seriously? My question? "Does that help explain why I wear two night-thickness gauze prefold diapers during the day?" Her diagnosis: "There's something wrong with you." Why does everybody think that? :screwy:

Her diagnosis: "There's something wrong with you."

At that point I would have responded with something sarcastic which I won't say here, but it has something to do with John Watson, Victorian London, and 221B Baker St. :roflmao: And I'd follow that with "One thing that's wrong with me is that I'm seeing the wrong Urologist, and I'm fixing that right now. Don't bother sending me a bill because I'm not paying it. Have a nice life!" :o

When it comes to your health or your legal affairs, second rate isn't good enough- Only the best will do here ;) That Urologist needs some more education, especially in the 'human relations' department :bash: If they are that bad with something obvious and simple, how good can they be with the rest?

Bettypooh

My question is: Is this how urge incontinence starts?

if you have diabetes or tinging in your hands or feet. or other strange neurological symptoms i would say get checked for small fiber neuropathy.

small fiber neuropathy is one of those disorders that many doctors miss.

its sometimes DXed as fibromyalgia or other disorders if there is a lot of pain with it but some times there is little pain .

it does not show or the regular nerve test (EMG/NCS ) and labs may be normal and it can cause urge

by the way i have the same symptoms and problem.

i can be setting and stand up and sudenly i have to go right NOW.

real problem when driving some where and get out of the car and you have to GO but don't know where the nearist bathroom is.