LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curious Question (Kinda Blunt)

I have been wearing diapers for fecal incon for a while but not everyday. However as I find myself going out away from my comfort area due to college, work and family things I have been wearing much more now. I have noticed that it is a royal pain to urinate at a urnial while wearing a diaper i.e working it down to pee. May sound like a stupid question but to those who do not have urinary issues who wear often/all the time what are your thoughts?

Guest jeff142

Well as i see it if you don't want to remove your diaper to pee, you will need one of the fallowing.

1. Use the diaper to pee, it is what they are made for.

2. Use a cathater, ether external or Foley type and uses a drainage bag.]

i dont see any other ways around this.

Just drop trousers and fish it out the leg opening of the diaper and urinate.

If there is no snow on the ground I usually wear shorts, so it's just a matter

of lifting up a short pant leg and moving the plastic pants and diaper aside.

No big deal.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Well I'm just guessing here, but I use pull-up diapers and fold the top down inside, so pulling them down a bit to pee is easy ;) You might also think about leaving the top tapes loose and wearing underwear over the diaper to hold things together, again just pulling down to pee.

I think it is rather obvious that this person prefers to not pee in their diaper so I'm asking that those suggestions stop. And people please remember- this is the "Medical Incontinence" forum where we are seeking help and support in your answers- remember that this forum is more tightly moderated than our others in that regard. The users here may not be ABDL and we need to respect that ;)

Thank You!

Bettypooh

Betty, I wasn't trying to be unkind, I was just making a suggestion. I hope I didn't cross any lines with my comment. Peace all,

No Problem ;) It's just that many members here do not notice the special purpose of this particular forum, and many are not aware that it held more closely to topic and that it is not ABDL oriented like the rest of this site. So I often post something like this as a reminder, and that is all it is B)

We don't bite anyone's head off for unintended mistakes here :D

Bettypooh

Several people here have wisely advised a pull-up style adult diaper. There are several brands, absorbancies, cost and availability choices including Depends at many local markets. Since you haven't responded to those that gave this advice, I guess you are looking for different advice.

Consider constructing a set of elastic straps that fasten to the tapes of the diaper you prefer and also attach to the front of that diaper. Cloth like diapers will accept a hook fastner (like velcro) and a plastic outer would require adhesive. This would convert your diaper to a pull-up that tapes on and off like a diaper, but pulls up and down like a pull-up. This would be much easier with a cloth backed diaper and very effective!

I can see if you dislike pull-ups. It is a pain taking a soiled one off in a public restroom. You have to take your shoes and trousers all the way off even if you do manage to tear the sides of the soiled ones just to get a fresh one on.

Take care and please forgive those that missed your clear statement of your medical condition. I know that your subgroup here accepts the rest of us but doesn't do this for fun. I hope you still consider this a good place for advice, fellowship, friendship and acceptance.

Honu, Professional Engineer

• Like 1

I have been wearing diapers for fecal incon for a while but not everyday. However as I find myself going out away from my comfort area due to college, work and family things I have been wearing much more now. I have noticed that it is a royal pain to urinate at a urnial while wearing a diaper i.e working it down to pee. May sound like a stupid question but to those who do not have urinary issues who wear often/all the time what are your thoughts?

it all depends (let me explane)

if you have a wetting problem and your dry(and can hold the #2 till you get to a toilet) and your diaper can be re attached then open it protect the tapes pull it off and go in the toilet

if you have enuf supply's to last till you get home you can just fully change it

if your cant hold #2 for vary long just let it go in you diaper

if your like me (i have nerve damage in my spine) my sphincters do what thay want some times thay hold some times thay dont if i can make it to the toilet i will use it but if i cant ill just go n the diaper when its #2

if i can make it to the toilet im usually wet already so i just change

but if i cant make it i change anyways

so i guess what im saying is its entirely up you to what makes you feel better or weather you even care what others think

me i dont

also if your worried about smells you can ware some type of plastic/rubber pants

you can also try these http://www.odafree.com/ to help with the smell of both pee and #2 as well as farts

If you're getting diapers that have a stretchable waist band then you can drop your pants and pull the top of the diaper down to pee in a toilet. Most diapers have re-fastenable tapes too, just undo one of the top (or bottom) tapes then re-tape when done.

I'm overweight with a big belly, so the front of my diaper usually is lower around my waist than, say a thinner person who'd diaper may come up to their belly button in front. I've never had a problem peeing at a urinal or toilet when I have a diaper on. Perhaps since your problem is with fecal incontinence, you can try taping your diaper on slightly different. Pull on underwear would probably work better for peeing in a toilet, but I would have a concern about fecal leakage from not as wide a crotch or seat as an actual diaper may have.

SInce most people start by taping the bottom tapes on first when they put on a disposable, try taping the bottom tapes on tight (to help with containment from any BM), and try taping the top tapes on looser. If you need to wear a pair of BVD's or jocky briefs over your diaper to help keep it tighter at the waist, then I don't see a problem with doing that. It may also help if anything accidently shows out the back of your pants. Anyone would see the waistband of underpants as opposed to a diaper. Anyway, if you can tape your diapr on looser around your waist, that may make it a lot easier and more comfortable to remove your penis out the top of your diaper when you have to pee. Since you don't wet your diaper, I see no problem (such as leaking) with the tapes lose around your waist.

By the way, all my life I have never used the fly front on my underpants when I've had to pee in the toilet. I've always pulled it out over the waistband of my underwear to pee, and that is maybe why I have no problem when wearing a diaper.

Theory: what works may depend on your specific body shape. Obviously it depends on the type of diaper. With Attends and Abena Abriform I've tried fishing my penis out through the leg opening but then I've had trouble later on if I did actually wet. I've tried sliding the Abenas down and then back up. That works maybe once and the top gets loose and it is uncomfortable to wear. On other body shapes, this might work well. Hanging out the top as rusty pins does, doesn't work for me, but if it works for him, it will for some others.

It does sound like a good quality pull-up would be the best bet, but I'd suggest the OP pick one of the suggestions made by others and try it. If it doesn't work, go on to the next idea.

• 1 month later...

One of my professors in college had this problem, he ended up putting a medium size hole in the front of the diaper that he could get his penis put of.

I have another possibility for the OP to consider: An external catheter, sometimes called a "Texas Catheter". You get a silicon thingy like a thick condom that goes on the outside of your penis, some tubing, and a leg bag. Go pee into the leg bag, empty it into the toilet.

You can get these in your surgical supply stores. It will keep the diaper dry unless it slips off, and since you are pee continent, you can make sure there are no kinks in it when you pee.

This may or may not work for you, but it is worth thinking about....and not a very expensive experiment.

• 4 weeks later...