LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Notice This?

Has anybody noticed that if you call a customer service number for questions or comments reguarding that companies adult diapers, that sometimes the service rep. is rude and you get the impression that she doesn't want to be on the phone with you?

My experience is asking a question reguarding absorbancy and volume the diaper can hold gets a cold/terse response. I could feel the tension on the other end of the phone. I am not "dangling this under the nose" so to speak. I get the impression that the service rep. has the impression that this is by choice and that I should not bother to ask a question about the product or if a company that sells multiple lines, that I should not bother her with a phone call trying to find the best diaper to fit my needs.

Just wandering if anyone else deals with this too..........

I've never found the need to discuss absorbency with customer service reps. I've always found its best to try em. Most absorbency tests are incorrect anyway as they use water which is absorbed better than urine.

Cs reps are bombarded all day long by shitty people, they're probably tired of answering redundant questions.

Yeah I have a doctor that is the same way, they treat me like I have the plague because I need pain meds.

I have been on the pain meds for over 10 years, you would think by now they understand that I need them and I'm not faking pain.

I've found the people I've called (at least with the manufacturers: Tranquility, Attends, ..) to be quite friendly and helpful. Some of the retailers like DMP and HDIS aren't friendly, but screw them. THey have competition and they're not cheap.

the rep could be thinking "can't he seen the little water droplets on the package that indicate the absorbency?" .... seriously though... there are little water droplets on the package that indicate absorbancy.... so not sure why you would need to call customer service... remember typically customer service is when you have an issue with the product... not to ask questions where the answer is ON the product.. also most customer service people at large companies are not exactly invested in the company. they are just doing their job.. answer phones day in and day out of people calling to complain about the product... they really could care less about the caller and how many ounces the diaper holds...

I was into customer service myself for many years. Sure, some customers can get under your skin but you have to try and be as nice as possible. What gets under your skin? A customer arguing and yelling at you because he hasn't paid his bill in 3 months and his electricity was shut off! It's not our fault he didn't pay his bill, especially when his account shows several reminder notices were sent out (yest, to his current address). You feel a little sorry for them sometimes, but all they usually need to do is pay a past due amount and their power will be restored. No need to yell or argue with the person on the other end of the phone.

That said, perhaps there is a reason the service person was a little tart with you. Did you call up and say something like, "I have some questions about your diapers."? Many people, including manufacturers of adult incontinence products are well aware of the AB/DL lifestyle. Yes, they are there to help people with genuine questions about their products, shipping, billing, etc. Do you think it's quite possible or probable that the customer service person got the idea from the quesions or the way you asked them that you were an AB or DL just wanting to talk to someone about diapers and was put off by it?

Now, if you said something like, "Hi. I'm just looking for some clarification on your (....brand name.......) adult briefs. I read on the package that the size range is (size range in waist inches) but I've found that the person needing the product is right on the edge of that range. Some other brands of products we've used do fit but others run a bit small. Do you have any customer feedback showing that if you are close to the upper end of the size range you should go up to the next larger size? I also have a question on the absorbency. It shows maximum protection but I don't know how much that is in ounces. Do you have that information?" That would be better than calling up and saying, "Hi. I wear diapers and I'm looking to try your diapers for the first time. How well do they fit? How many times can I wet them before I have to change the diaper? Do they leak around the legs? Are they really bulky so other people would notice I'm wearing a diaper under my clothes?"

Now, I'm not saying anyone asked questions like those as I kind of went to extreams in my examples, but it is something to think about. I think anyone calling them "diapers" instead of "disposable briefs" is getting off on the wrong foot to start with. One last thing to keep in mind. There is nothing wrong with calling up customer service if you have genuine questions or problems about a product, shipping, billing, etc. That's what customer service is for. On the other hand, these people do have a job to do and most often an average time limit per customer that they have to adhere to. Calling customer service to talk about diapers for your own pleasure or jollies isn't a good thing to do as you are taking up someone's time needlessly for your own personal benifit when they have other customer's to help and an adherance to company policies as far as time per customer, etc. Believe me, being a phone service rep is not fun and games! The boss is always looking at you to take more calls and hurry up with your customers, without being rude to them! Service reps do have a fine line to walk between calls and what the boss says and company rules are.

I've never found the need to discuss absorbency with customer service reps. I've always found its best to try em. Most absorbency tests are incorrect anyway as they use water which is absorbed better than urine.

Cs reps are bombarded all day long by shitty people, they're probably tired of answering redundant questions.

Absorbency claims are at best grossly inaccurate and at rose complete garbage. The Abena M4 claims to hold over 3L of urine. That is a LOT and my experience (Michael) is that it would only hold that much if you were wearing it and nothing else while standing up with your legs apart. AS soon as you touch it or *shock horror* sit down it would leak everywhere. they are SUPERB nappies but the absorbency capacity is garbage. What we really need is a meaningful measure for those in bed and those who are active - with the stipulation that this is the capacity the diaper has WITHOUT LEAKING at all.

I wish.