LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Contributes To You Wearing Diapers.

reason for being a DL  

156 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think contributes to you being a DL

• abuse as a child
    • rough life
    • late potty training
    • bed wetting late into your life leading to diapers
    • or you just wanted to try it and liked wearing diapers
    • having incontinence
    • jealous of younger sibling and attention they got from wearing diapers

don't know an exact time frame, but I know from past conversations with my mom she didn't want two kids in diapers at the same time and wanted me done before my brother was born.

I wasn't potty trained until I was four years old (fought it every step of the way). But I think the reason I like diapers is that they feel good and give me a feeling of security that I must have had as a child long before I could remember the feeling. I don't take well to change, either (no pun intended), and long to go back to living life just like I did in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Things seemed so much better back then. I discovered a love of diapers long before puberty set in, so it's more of a comfort thing than it is a turn-on.

Asides the sexual aspect, for me, which is probably the most major aspect of the reasoning for wanting to wear diapers, is probably a slightly seperate, but related factor, that of the 'sensation', or 'feel'... Obviously it links with the sexual aspects, but I think its almost seperate from that too, as it is kind of a 'comfort' thing, just the sensations/feel, both of the diaper itself, and of course the feel/texture/feeling of the diaper, once its been used.. Maybe a bit akin to a young childs 'comfort blanket', or favorite teddy/doll...

For me it is a comfort thing and a stress relief thing. I do have some deep pain in my childhood, while I was never physically or sexually abused, I was wounded emotionally, and verballly. I think I am more AB than DL but I do love diapers. I got into this by using diapers to see if my methods for inducing urination were working (I am nearly over my struggle with shy bladder). I actually wound up loving diapers, that warm soggy feeling that is completely babyish!

I wet the bed well into the time I was 8 - however, began to have dryer nights until I finally quit. Then I realized how much I really liked getting a diaper put on before going to bed. So even if I woke up dry I would lay there until I peed and completely soaked my diaper! On long trips mom would put a diaper on me "just in case" and I would use it especially if I would doze off and wake up needing to pee. Rather than say anything I would just cut loose and throughly wet my diaper! I would even have accidents from time to time at other times to warrant being put into a diaper and (then rubber pants). I never really grew out of liking to wear them.

multiple factors in early childhood.. I heard on a podcast the majority of ab's tend to greatly exxagerate, i'm not at all. Some may or may not influence it at all.. They are just my theories. I'll include a few.

dad died before i was born--my stepdad my mom never married an asshole and complete jerk. Never kind, never encouraging, didnt spend time with us, insulted us, clled us names, drank, smoked, etc...

i'm 2nd oldest of 6 my younger bro is just 2 yrs younger than me... i was trained too soon? i dont remember diapers themselves but i remember taking a bath in a sink before he was born, my crib was missing 2 bars and when it was given away i was angry.. i felt ownership.. before my bro was born i also remember feeling too big for my carseat.

when i was 5 i was at granmas and had some pooping trbls was found out going in barn outside and made to wear a cloth pullup diaper during nap. this might be actual unconscious trigger.

shortly later first sister was born and first time i played with diapers. it started as play and i liked it more and more.

unstable childhood back then, low income, moving all the time, school sucked-teasing, foster car summer of 87 for short while.

in 1990 was severely burned in explosion and ended up wearing for a year straight then until 95 off and on only in hospital..

during my early teens my ab desires were coming out.

i told my friend 2 yrs ago about being ab and she says with all i've been through it totally makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bedwetter until my early teens. Back when I was no more than 5 I wished I wore diapers to bed because I didn't want to be blamed for wetting the bed anymore. I never got the diapers but did get the glares and lack of acceptance. Either out of laziness or cruelty, my parents didn't wash my sets, protect my matterass or treat me any different than my older sisters who didn't wet the bed. As the wetting continued, I wanted to sleep in diapers more and more. The pasage of time as well as puberty sealed the deal for me to become a DL.

I'm one of those people who have no clue. There's nothing related at all in my past. I've never wet the bed, the closest to anything like that was throwing up in bed when I was sick in elementary school. I was potty tried early but never had any resentment about it. I have unusually good bladder control not just being able to hold it but being able to go whenever I want, even if I don't need to pee I can. This always made drug testing, back when I had those kind of jobs, super easy.

This is starting to come off braggy but I want to emphasize just how little there is to make any sense of it in my life. I was never abused, my parents are both still alive and married. I had a great childhood and continue to have a great adult life. Growing up for me was almost 1950s sitcom-like in how idyllic it was. I have been content with who I am since I can remember except of course for the three years of Middle School where I was miserable but it's Middle School so that hardly counts.

I am a bit weird though. I am asexual and have always been. This caused a bit of confusion and isolation growing up but I came to grips with it pretty early in my teens and have always been okay with it. I also in the past have been into cross dressing although not gender changing. I liked wearing women's clothing, and still do for that matter, but not trying to look female. Kind of like how Eddie Izzard often dresses on stage. I was pretty much always the weird kid at least from late Elementary School onward. Part of that was being an artist which automatically makes you different from everyone else. Part of it was the exploratory nature of how I would dress myself. There's loads more but I fear if I go on much longer I'll reveal too much about myself as to be identifiable and also probably bore anyone reading this if they haven't already stopped reading.

My best guess about the diaper interest is that it's just an interest in the (non-sexual) fetishization of garments in general. There's quite a few other things I really adore as well like natural rubber or certain combinations of colors like red and white. I also get a bit too into anything with fasteners be it zippers, buckles, or buttons. Thing is, diapers are way higher up in terms of interest than anything else so obviously there's something else going on there but I have no clue what it is. I couldn't even tell you what it is I like wearing diapers other than "I like it".

hmmm...good poll!!

for me it was a combination of abuse, both physically and emotionally. my babysitter potty trained me by the age of one by pinching me everytime i used my diaper. there may be some other stuff in there as well but i only remember snippits! my first sibling was born when i was nine, at that point i basically didn't exist anymore and saw how much attention he was getting and began to sneek diapers to poop in them! at some point my parents found out and i was forced to wear them at times. i would complain a little, but secretly i liked wearing diapers a lot!

My response was that I'd just tried it and liked it. That isn't a complete answer.

I've been in therapy for a couple years now and will be for a while due to behaviors I taught myself as an infant, toddler, and on into adulthood. You might say I was taught them by my mother, but I hesitate to use the word abuse. It wasn't physical and not even mental or psychological in the classic sense and so many here have those severe backgrounds.

I simply learned to suppress my feelings and emotions and to cater to what my mother wanted of me. I won't go through my whole history, but I got into secretive behaviors wearing girl's clothes and later diapers as a way to 'feel' what I'd missed and what I needed. I wasn't beaten, I wasn't told that I was worthless and no good; I just wasn't sure I was worthwhile and good. I actually over-achieved and over-functioned trying to please people. Diapers were a way of retreating from my miserable view of reality and into a more comfortable make-believe world where I felt I could express how I felt without having to conform to what (I thought) others expected and wanted from me.

Within the last few years, I've had prostate issues which have led to wearing one form of protection or another 24/7 but incontinence was not a beginning for me.

Guest diaperj71

Interesting responses. Odd that there isn't necessarily one thing that can be tracked in childhood that links everyone to diapers... Some of us came from incredibly diverse environments but still we all ended up in the same place.

For me it was the abuse thing-mental. I told one of my first experiences as an "older" kid and diapers for my bedwetting in another thread . As a kid it stayed with me as something traumatic. Growing up, the thought of being put back into diapers horrified me. My parents did a good but ineffective job of shaming me into stopping the bedwetting for quite a few years. My last real "shaming" involving diapers was when I was about 10 or just turned 11, not sure of exact age. My mom caught me not telling her I peed the night before and my sheets were still damp that next evening. I was supposed to tell her when I peed but I was always scared to bc I knew I would get grounded or ridiculed. The risk vs consequences of just trying to hide it seemed worth it at the time.

This particular night I was "caught", my mom was fed up and called our neighbor across the street who had a 2 girls, ages 2 and about 7. I heard her explain that she was tired of the wet bed and asked if she could borrow a diaper from her for me to wear. Of course to make it worse, I was sent across the street to pick it up. The neighbor was aware of my wetting long ago, these were family friends. Apparently she was on board with shaming as well because when I got to the house she had a huge smile on her face and the older girl said something mean but I was so embarrassed, I don't recall what she said. The neighbor had me walk back to the baby's room and grabbed 2 diapers. he handed one to me and as we were walking back she stated that "I'm going to put Leah's diaper on, do you want me to put yours on too?" (Of course Leah was the 2y.o.) at this point I was nearly in tears and said no as I walked out the door. When I came home with the diaper my mom took it and said if I wet again and don't tell her, I was going to wear it. She put the diaper in the bathroom under the sink cabinet and it stayed there for at least a year. So the weird thing is that evening something "snapped" in my head while I was in bed... I kept thinking about my neighbor's "offer" to diaper me and the thought of her doing this made me feel funny, looking back I guees it may have been my first time being aroused as I wished I had said yes and I fantasized about how it would have happened for many years. Over the next year I pulled that diaper out from under the sink and played with it many times thinking about the fantasy even though it didn't fit. Strange how things work out...

hmmm...good poll!!

for me it was a combination of abuse, both physically and emotionally. my babysitter potty trained me by the age of one by pinching me everytime i used my diaper. there may be some other stuff in there as well but i only remember snippits! my first sibling was born when i was nine, at that point i basically didn't exist anymore and saw how much attention he was getting and began to sneek diapers to poop in them! at some point my parents found out and i was forced to wear them at times. i would complain a little, but secretly i liked wearing diapers a lot!

I was abused to I like to fanticise and act like a baby and imagine the love of a good mommy. I am currently looking for a lover slash mommy. Any ways I was in state ran foster homes till I was 7 and diapered All the rime and lived like a baby. Sometime around the age of seven I was put into a private foster care family were they potty trained me. I was caught wearing diapers a few times and they made me wear just a diaper and tshirt every were I went the days I got caught. Any ways when ten years old I moved into a new home and didn't get caught till I was 16-17 wearing a diaper and these fostercare parents told my existing therapist. They tried to get me to explain why I diapered myself I told them I didn't know why. This was All before ABDL was known in Montana. Ir is slowly comming about now I found out what I was. About five years ago didn't know the term infantilist. And about One year ago came out of the ABDL closet online.

The urge has been there as long as I can remember. I can remember being about 5 and playing by myself in my room, pretending a small blanket was a diaper and I was being treated like a baby. For a while those interests faded until I was about 12 or 13. At that age I had unrestricted access to the internet and stumble across diaper stories and rekindle my interests. A year or two ago, I bought my first diapers and my love of them became a reality. Later on a pacifier at the encouragement of an online friend.

Since then the "oh my god, I'm wearing a diaper" feeling has gone and while I still like them and wear occassionally, I've discovered that a lot of my interest is in someone else treating me that way. I'm a diaper lover with slight ab tendencies alone but with someone else I could see the ab tendencies coming to the forefront.

I actually think forced early potty training was a factor for me, combined with a neighbor girl getting put in pampers after an accident and appearing to like it.

Same for me I was potty trained before I was two, and never wet my bed. At around age six I started to have desires to wet my pants and bed. Got into diapers around age eleven.

I've been reading through some of the posts in this thread and I have read some things elsewhere that indicate that bedwetting is too damn often handled very poorly by parents. A big part of it is just lack of awareness and understanding. I haven't really researched it much but I have ran across a few medical articles that as best I can tell indicate that for a lot of people there's not much that can be done other than wait for it to stop. Punishing the bedwetter certainly is no way to handle it :(

I also read somewhere that it sometimes will come back later in life. Sort of "it never really goes away". Kinda like lactose intolerance where it gets worse and better throughout life but never goes away. I only mention that because I'm lactose intolerant. Doubled over in pain if I eat dairy by accident intolerant.

Forced potty training as I did not want to give up my diapers even when I was 3 I loved wetting and messing my diaper.

Was not until I started school that I stopped wearing diapers during the day. I continued wetting the bed at night just so I would be able to wear diapers at night.

I tried wetting and messing my self during the day on weekends and found myself forced into diapers from Friday evening to Monday morning as punishment.

It took until my mother realized I was enjoying being forced to wear the diapers before my diapers where taken away from me.

I was a bed wetter and in early childhood my parents would put me in diapers. I would keep them on for as long as possible the next morning. I always enjoyed the warm thick stiff feeling of the wet diaper. My parents took them away and I got really into it around puberty time.