LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleeping In Diapers - A New Question

I know some people sleep in diapers all the time, some sleep in them now and then. There have been posts about how some can't fall asleep when wearing a diaper (I'm one of them) and how other people can't seem to sleep well when they are not wearing diapers. this is not about that.

This is for both the every night wearers and the occasional night time diaper wearers. What I'm curious to know, is when you wear diapers to bed, do you wet them in your sleep without knowing or waking up, or do you wake up and just wet your diapers and fall back to sleep? If you don't wear diapers to bed some nights, do you have an accident and wet the bed or do you just wake up normally when you have to pee? I'm interested if wearing the diapers to bed somehow makes you wet unconciously in your sleep and if you don't wear them, if you would have an accident or just wake up when you need to pee. All this not counting those who use hypnosis tapes to bedwet or wet unconciously. Just going about everyday life either wearing to bed or not.

I don't wear diapers to bed very often - usually just boxer briefs. Most nights I wake up 1-3 times to use the bathroom (I drink a lot of fluids, right up until bedtime).

If I wear Depends to bed it's only because I want the feel of a diaper. If I wake up and have to pee, I'll go to the bathroom. If I wear Abenas to bed, I'll likely deliberately use it if I wake up.

From the time I was a little kid until I started using diapers in my late 40s I never wet the bed. Since I started using diapers I've wet the bed a handful of times. This typically happens in the weeks and months following an extended period (7-10 days) of 24x7 Abena wearing/using. Generally I'll wake up in the middle of peeing and will instinctively stop. (That said, there have been a couple times where I woke up with a bit of a wet diaper and don't remember using it, so I may have peed in my sleep.)

It didn't happen after this past winter's 10 days, and in fact it had been quite a while. I was actually a little disappointed when I didn't have any bedwetting accidents. Although I wouldn't want it to become a habit, I do like the idea that I might occasionally wet the bed.

Your timing couldn't be better, though. Yesterday morning I woke up, headed into the bathroom, and as I got in position in front of the toilet I noticed that the front of my underwear was damp from hip to hip. I headed back into the bedroom and found a small damp spot in bed. I had wet the bed. Not a lot, but I enjoyed a "Cool! I wet the bed!" start to my day.

So basically my answer to your question is that I didn't wet the bed for about 40 years. Then after I started occasionally wearing and deliberately using diapers I have occasionally accidentally wet myself in my sleep.

I've wet myself a couple times while asleep but it was cause I was really drunk. Fortunately when I'm that drunk I know to wear a diaper to bed. The hangover sucks, but waking up with a soggy diaper on knowing it was dry when you went to bed is pretty awesome. At least for someone like me who never wet the bed.

I've had urge incontinence issues since I was 14 years old and used to wet in my sleep regularly. However, as I've gotten older (I'm 70), I don't sleep as soundly as I used to and now generally wake up two or three times a night with an urge to pee. But I have no chance of making it to the bathroom, even if I wanted to. I start wetting with no control as soon as I start to get up. So I don't even try to get up and just wet my diaper. Being able to sleep as soundly as I used to and wetting in my sleep once more would be a good thing for me. I'm sure that I would feel more rested.

Guest Nero_bunny

I wet once when I was just on the threshold of sleep a few months ago and unfortunately I didn't have a diaper on, but luckily I quickly realized what was happening and was able to stop before I had a huge puddle. This never happens to me so I assume it was just a fluke. I had been suffering a severe case of insomnia for three days and when I finally started to pass out my mind wasn't concerned with how full my bladder actually was.

Looking back now I wish I was wearing a diaper because I probably would have kept drifting off as I unknowingly wet myself and it's always been kind of a fantasy of mine to wet without control and not know it until I awoke. As per usual routine though, the nights I sleep padded I usually wake up around mid morning having to release my bladder so I let it out in my diaper and go back to sleep.

On nights where I get to wear nappies to bed I typically fall into a pattern of ‘wakeful wetting’. I’m a very light sleeper and wake frequently during the night. Each time I wake, I remember that I’ve got a nappy on and I release whatever small quantity of pee may have accumulated in my bladder before swiftly falling back asleep. I’m well accustomed to wearing nappies and can wet them in any position at will and my use of pinned, cloth nappies means that I’m confident that I won’t leak.

I have had a couple of incidents of wetting whilst asleep (or at least, not awake). These occurred towards the end of a two month period where I would either wet nappies or wet the bed every night.

Each occasion was accompanied by vivid peeing and nappy dreams. A typical theme would be I would be dreaming that I was out and about, often with friends and I needed to pee. I kept finding places to pee but the relief never lasted and I needed to find another place and start over. Eventually, the mother of all pees would happen and I would wake to find myself finishing in my pants!

When this happened, I was *highly* habituated to nappies and I think my bladder capacity had shrunk a little also. Also in my dreams, I knew that it was ‘ok’ to go either in my dream nappy or my dream toilet. I was already wet and I had given myself a kind of subconcious permission to pee in bed.

I’ve been told by others that it is but a hop, skip and jump from that point to deep, dreamless wetting. For practical reasons, my experiment ended soon after this but I could easily see how I would have drifted into becoming a bedwetter. I would have liked to have gone a little further but my time was up and being a bedwetter would play havoc with other aspects of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in AZ. Live in the desert so it's get's pretty hot and dry. I drink lots of water all day long even before I go to bed I drink 2 to 3 cups of water. I usually go to sleep diapered. Sometimes I take a sleeping pill. It works on me most of the time. Sleep uninterupted and early in the morning I feel I have to go but too lazy to get up. I just want to keep sleeping so I just use my diaper. Let it out slowly and I just go back to sleep.

The only time I actually pee on myself not knowing is when I get really drunk and go to bed. I always make sure I'm diapered cause I'm not good at holding it in especially when I drank the night before to the point I'm near blacking out or not remembering. Most of the time I always pee on myself. One reason why I don't go to parties. Afraid what might happen to someone's couch or carpet floor.

My bladder wakes me up most of the time due to painful urges from overactive bladder. I will wet my diaper then go back to sleep. I will sometimes wske up two or three times in a night depending on how much water I drank. Water seems to go right through me at times. There have been times were I have changed three or four times during the night.(my diapers suck but considering that I get them for free I'm not complaining to much.)

I wear diapers to bed every night and nearly always wet them while asleep. However, a full bladder will sometimes wake me up. In that case, I will consciously wet the diapers and go back to sleep. It doesn't take any effort for me to go and I don't even change my position when I empty my bladder. I just go.

My feeling is that if you are completely comfortable wearing diapers and are wearing sufficient padding to absorb the urine output during the night, then you are more likely to be able to confidently sleep right through the night and not worry about leaks or wetting the bed. It's irritating to have to get up during the night to change the sheets because I've leaked and wet the bed.

I wear cloth diapers at night and can sleep with complete confidence that they will absorb all the urine I produce during the night and will not leak no matter what position I'm sleeping in. I tend to sleep on my sides or on my stomach. Disposable diapers don't absorb fast enough to or have enough padding on the sides to prevent leaks. When I'm forced to wear disposables at night (like when travelling), I'll wear an adult training pant with plastic pants over it and the diaper. That way, if I leak, at least I won't get the bed wet.

I have slept in diapers all week, this week since my parents are out of town, I didn't wet while sleeping, hell, I can barely do it laying down while awake. but I didn't have much trouble sleeping except for the first day.

I have had accidents for many years due to nerve troubles (MS) and when I got married my wife and I decided better to wear a diaper then have a wet bed, fine by me of course! Now after 10+ years I wear and wet every night without waking up.

To your question, when I do put on a diaper before bed my body does relax much more then if I were wearing nothing or the pads I use during the day so I can start to wet just because I know I have a diaper on.

At night I typically wear a Molicare and I will put on a pair of terry lined plastic pants over the diaper. The terry lined pants do two things, first if I leak at legs or waist the terry pants almost always catches it so I can feel confident that my diaper will hold when I need it to. Besides at night i do not belive i have one big wetting, when i wake up my diaper is evenly saturated as if i wet a small amount many times a night. Second I do not want to subject my bed partner to the sight of a clumpy wet diaper in the morning.

I doubt I could get to sleep without a diaper!

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the time I'll wake up and realize I have to pee and just go in my diaper. However there have been times when i wake up and noticed my diaper's already wet.

-Paige

I wear for mental comfort and am very happy to have control. I will not go to bed needing to pee. I love the feel of the cloth diapers and plastic panties. I sleep many nights diapered.

I wear to bed some/most nights depending on my mood and if I feel I'll need them. I usually pee as I'm getting comfy and relaxing, and/or when I'm waking up. Never really had a problem falling asleep in them, I tend to sleep more soundly.

However, I don't know if I've ever wet my diaper WHILE sleeping, but last night I chose to not diaper up, went to sleep in panties and onsie and woke up in a puddle; Which sucks because my washing machine is broken! Thought I'd been sweating a lot until I could see a big circular stain on my sheet. So, back to night time diapers, as bad as they probably are for that kind of thing. The only true 'accident' I've had in a long time.

Boy do I wish I could sleep easy in diapers! I tend to fall asleep fairly quickly but when I'm wearing I usually wake up two to three times a night/early morning, not always with the need to pee. I wear to bed every night for a couple of weeks straight and then give up because I have such a hard time urinating while lying down. My ideal would be to be able to wear diapers to bed, sleep through the night, and wake up wet without any concious control. As it is I have to kind of "distract" myself with my mp3 player to un-concentrate on trying to wet my diaper lying down. I have no problems peeing standing up and can usually manage while sitting but there's some kind of mental block with the lying down part. I've tried meditation, repeating affirmations, the mp3 player playing a thundering rainstorm, etc. It just takes a huge concious effort to let go while lying down for me and I seem to only manage it once, usually before I fall asleep, which means I'm in a wet diaper all night.

I wear good diapers, not cheap ones, and logically I trust them not to leak if I should flood, but I think my subconscious is telling me otherwise because holding it all night is "normal" for a 33 year old!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be incontinent per se, but my diaper desires have recently been taking a near 24/7 or "as often as possible" turn for me. Peeing while asleep would, I think, get me over the hump so to speak as far as my fantasies go.

As iwear 24/7 i'm always wearing when i go to bed and i sleep fine. I change into a dry diaper for bed and always wake up wet as well, sometimes there will be leaks but i have a mattress protecter for just that reason.

I have been wearing a diaper to bed every night. I dont pee when I am asleep however I usually wake up 2-3 times throughout the night whether I want to or not. If I wake up and feel like I need to pee i will just go in my diaper. So although I do not uncontrollably wet during the night about 5 days a week my diaper is wet by the time my alarm goes off. Sometimes I even forget that I woke up and peed that night (Its not an abnormal occurance for me) so it kinda seems like I might have had an accident i guess.

For 16+ years I've woken up nearly every night (usually around 2-4am), pee, then fall back to sleep (or at least try to). I sleep just fine in my diapers, dry or wet. Leaks happen but I also have a mattress protector. With diaper cost though I just wish I could afford to buy fast food, movie tickets, etc.