LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Self Conscious Diaper Lovers

I'm a very self conscious diaper lover. I have never talked to or met another like me. I have to sneak around my friends and family to get what I want. I'm terrified of my friends and family finding out. I'm positive of my parents disowning me and what few friends I have leaving me. Does anybody else go through this? Fealing ashamed of wearing diapers for fun and comfort?

That's a pretty common reaction for most people. I went through the same thing when I was younger. If I assume your age to be correct, then you are probably going to college, right? College is most likely the best place to get rid of that fear because it's completely different from high school. Most people essentially have that fear because, in high school, people are made fun of if they happen to be the slightest bit different. Once you start college, you begin to realize that everyone could care less and that you're more likely to meet real friends in college who will accept you for who you are, quirks, interests, and oddities included.

You probably won't lose the self consciousness until you start making a living and move out on your own. Even then, it might take a while. Be patient, and the self-accepting will come. Then, acceptance by others soon follows.

Ditto.

This "interest" would not be something I would want anyone, my family or friends, to know about at this point. I'm about in the same place as you are, Takadaweird.

But as others were saying, give it time, and perhaps when you start to assert your indepedence more, you will gain more confidence. And it's very true that if you begin to accept yourself as you are, others will, too.

At the same time, I don't think you have to tell them. To me, this or any fetish is as personal as each person and each situation in which that person lives. And for me, I don't feel anyone should have to know (for me, it's a personal, private thing, anyway). As long as you're careful until you're ready and want to tell them, they shouldn't find out by accident.

If they do, well, just be honest. You can't go wrong there. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As you get older you'll tend to care less if people discover your "secret".

Just accept yourself as you are.

It will also save you a lot of money from the guilt, purge cycles.

Dont worry, youll get past the self acceptance part. Learning to love yourself for who you are is a great challenge that many seem to never overcome, judging by the actions of some "adults".

Have to agree though with horndog, self restraint is a good thing, especially if you live under someone elses roof. Get a full time job and get your own place, itll help with everything!

It'd probably help, if I could actually meet another dl. Sadly I don't think there are any in my area...

How are you ever going to meet another when you don't list your area in your profile? I'm not saying you need to put your address in but be real, no one is going to reach out to you because they have no way of knowing you live in the same geographical area.

Hugs,

Freta

• 2 weeks later...

With age and treachery comes wisdom. You will overcome this hurdle. Once you learn to embrace it you'll find it easier to convince significant others to participate. AND THAT my friends is pretty darn sweet.

If incontinence happened due to illness or accident your Family & Friend's would adjust and accept the situation so why do people fantasize such dire reactions if they find out you like to wear a diaper around the house!!

I dont understand these things Family is supposed to be supportive and unconditional love, at least thats what i learned from my Adoptive Mother and i had her Because my Father committed acts so heinous that his chidden where shunned from the family, My Biological Mother side and fathers side care not if we are alive or dead and are not even included in the Family tree of genealogy.

Nappy

I've answered this before, my patents are prejudice and judgmental to just about everything that's not what they're use to. Like my father is a tad racist. To the point were I can't bring certant friends over. Another time we were watching an episode of SVU and a victims there had a Diaper Fetish and they completely went judgmental on it. I know for an utmost fact that if my family found out about me enjoying diapers, they'd labal me a pervert or even a Pedo. I'd probably get kicked out and disowned. I know that it seems that I have no faith in them but I'm not exaggerating. It all makes me both ashamed and a nerviouse wreck when I sneak around.

That's why I'd like to have friends with the same interests so that I can indulge in my habit safely.

I used to worry........ then, i ended up not giving a crap because this is a part of who i am and I don't have a medical choice in teh matter. so people can accept me, or not, i don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Baby Rina

It'd probably help, if I could actually meet another dl. Sadly I don't think there are any in my area...

i'm up in Mercer County.. I know of a couple of people Allegheny county... I don't drive so I can't be much help but ... they are around.

I'm self conscious and ashamed about my diaper use. I have gotten to the point where I feel comfortable wearing diapers around my wife or while out and about. However, I fantasize about having sex involving diapers, but am mostly too ashamed to ask her. It's funny because I know that she would indulge me. I just feel weird about it. And, when the shoe is on the other foot...I have no issues indulging my SO with her fetishes... I guess I also feel like I am being selfish.

The other thing is. Both my SO and myself go to fetish parties in town every month. Everyone knows that I am a pain slut, and have a thing for blood/knife play, spankings, floggings, violet wand play, and fire play. However, no one knows that I am also a DL. I just feel that diapers are pretty taboo, and well, I care too much about what other people think. I have not seen any DLs in my area at all. I guess if I did, it would make things much easier for me.

I feel the same way, Takadaweird. Although my main concern is family. I'm a "quality not quantity" person when it comes to friends, so I know for sure that my best buds would never leave me no matter what.

But, I mean, I've always told myself that I would get out there more when I got "college age" and started "lving on my own." Of course, back then I didn't think about room mates. At this point I'm not sure if I'll ever get to do what I want without sneaking around, but I'm always hopeful for the future!

Guest nappy_pants

I totally understand where you are coming from as I too have had these feelings of guilt,anxiety and depression over why I feel the need to wear. Sometimes I used to wish I was just "normal" then I started to think hey what the f@@k is "normal" anyway. There are plenty of messed up people in this world and what we do doesnt hurt anyone or ourselves, life is too short to live it worrying how others might judge us.

After many years of binge/purge cycles I finally took the decision to wear 24/7 a few weeks ago as I realised this side of me just doesnt go away, and I now feel happier and complete as a person.

What I chose to wear as underwear is no ones buisness except if I choose to tell them.

Stay diapered people and don't worry what others think, if they make fun,or give you hassle then they probably wernt knowing in the first place.

the only thing i haev become self concious about is the size of my padded butt... since the other day i had to wear cloth (disposables are low atm) and i forgot to compensate for it's thickness... my butt ended up knocking off and smashing one of my coffee cups :( thankfully though it was empty.

I know how you feel entirely. I'm only just realizing that other people even share my interests. I'm terrified to even let anyone else know, let alone actively seek someone out.