LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Growing Out Of Ab

I've been an AB/DL since I was 14 -- but mostly a DL. On Thursday, I had a conversation with someone who is more into the lifestyle I am, and I told him outright that I've lost any AB tendencies that I've had. The "adult baby" lifestyle doesn't sit well with me anymore. Since I became an AB/DL, I often struggled with the "adult baby" and "diaper lover" concepts -- trying to see where I fit in. TV shows like "Rugrats" influenced me to experiment with AB-related activity, but I was never able to imagine myself being in a crib and being taken care of by a "mommy" or "daddy." Now, just indulging in anything AB feels out of character. It feels forced.

Has anyone else grown out of their AB phase?

• Like 1

I've been an AB/DL since I was 14 -- but mostly a DL. On Thursday, I had a conversation with someone who is more into the lifestyle I am, and I told him outright that I've lost any AB tendencies that I've had. The "adult baby" lifestyle doesn't sit well with me anymore. Since I became an AB/DL, I often struggled with the "adult baby" and "diaper lover" concepts -- trying to see where I fit in. TV shows like "Rugrats" influenced me to experiment with AB-related activity, but I was never able to imagine myself being in a crib and being taken care of by a "mommy" or "daddy." Now, just indulging in anything AB feels out of character. It feels forced.

Hm, sounds like your AB side was weak to begin with and you are mostly a diaperlover. My "crib" is an air mattress, I enjoy sleeping in it thickly diapered. I have looked for mommies on this site, but ended up being one myself! If you try suppressing your AB side for awhile you may find those desires floating back. I sleep in a crib 2 to 3 times a week and enjoy waking up beyond soggy. If I did that everynight, it would feel forced.

I tried to experiment with being a AB but couldn't grasp on to it. tired bottles, pacifiers, printed plastic pants, and other stuff. but to me wearing diapers were more comforting and cuddling with my stuff animals.. i soon found myself being more of a Daddy figure and carinf for little ones. and also being a DL

I feel the same way-as a kid I would fantasize about being a baby again, but over the years its turned into purely a fetish thing. I still enjoy the paraphinalia, like my pacifier amd footed pjs, but the adult side has taken over.

Cooking, growing food and being a self employed artist is something I take pride in and the thought of needing someone to take care of me is repulsive. However I do still consoder myself an AB because, well, that box in my closet contains baby items made to fit an adult! I take the definition in its literal sense. Maybe someday Ill find someone who wants to indulge me with a baby bottle, but I think most women find my independence attractive, not the lack of it.

This is a fascinating thread because it actually refers to the core hypothesis of my book which is thatr AB and DL are very distinct behaviours with the diaper the only common link. The OP identifies that he is a diaper lover that has tried to put AB play into his life and finds it just 'doesnt work'. That is because AB behaviour is not role-play - it is a deep-seated need and emotional position that develops as pre-pubescents and usually starts as preschoolers. John Money's 'Lovemaps' theory suggests that ages 6-8 are the prime time for this to happen, but in the case of AB I would widen that to ages 4-9. Adults who role-play being babies are Ageplayers. they want to play as children while (regressive) ABs want to become a child, at least emotionally and for a short time.

You cannot choose to become a regressive AB who wants to become a child. It happens to you well before puberty. You can however role-play this, and many do quite successfully and happily, but ageplay and genuine AB are very different behaviours. and DL is primarily a sexual fetish related to diapers which can begin pre-puberty but usually just afterwards.

POOPY-DIPES: Ive not written about this but your experience is not uncommon. Highly moral and ethical ABs find having their own children - especially babies and toddlers - reduces their AB desires from reasons like you have suggested. And then later on, it all returns when the children are no longer 'similar' to your inner image of yourself. It is essentiallyou your moral and ethical centre taking primacy over your desires. And moving to poopy diapers may be because those basice needs still exists but you have redirected them elsewhere so that you dont feel conflicted about it. Very similar happened to us (including apparently, a preference for dirty diapers!)

Maybe you're ready to experience the "terrible twos" and approach adult toddlerhood.

I like wearing diapers as often as possible, but sometimes I'm just as happy to dress up like a little girl and not add diapers to the wardrobe. (I have to remember that I'm not wearing one, though).

From time to time, I think about the AB thing. Then I think of people like Stanley and Rilo, and I think, "No way." A mental blockade is forming. My mind is actively deterring me from really taking the AB lifestyle all that seriously.

From time to time, I think about the AB thing. Then I think of people like Stanley and Rilo, and I think, "No way." A mental blockade is forming. My mind is actively deterring me from really taking the AB lifestyle all that seriously.

I've thought about this post a lot since I first read it. When I first saw it, I thought it was another young person beginning a purge cycle, and announcing it to the whole world (which I never really seen the point).

From what I read, it sounds like you figuring out what exactly you 'play age' is. Certainly for me, going 100% AB, and being treated like a two-year old for even a day would have absolutely no-appeal to me. I'm not sure if it ever did appeal me. Probably when I was in my twenties and still coming to grips with being AB/DL- this was just after I discovered the internet and discovered that there were actually other people like me, I may have considered going that way. However, I think I would have rebelled if someone actually did treat me like a baby. Right now, I would get really sick of it in a couple of minutes.

That's not to say that I'm strictly DL, because I'm quite sure there is a little kid sitting in my head. My play age is somewhere between four and five, and I don't have good control of my bladder. However even so, I wouldn't ever consider a scenario like Stanley or Riley. Quite frankly I need some balance, which for me is wearing a diaper every night and most weekends. Unfortunately I'm not in a relationship, so I pretty much dealing with myself.. From time to time I try different AB things, but it never really works. Pacifiers are just not very comforting, despite the I tend to chew when thinking. I chew my knuckles (which isn't very good, but it is almost like thumb-sucking). Every time I try a bottle, I end up feeling stupid, and the same thing happens when I poop in my diaper.

I really wasn't intending to announce to the "whole world" my "purge cycle."

It's more of an epiphany than anything.

As adults, can we truly and fully make ourselves "less adult" and live an infantile lifestyle day in and day out without feeling some sort of hesitation?

My interest comes in cycles...waning as another kink takes over for a while. I just turned 26 and I thought maybe I was actually growing out of it till those wonderful diaper dreams started coming back last week. But now that it's returning I've realized something. I always thought of myself as mostly a DL but my original interest in diapers had a lot to do with the fact that they were 'for babies', not big kids, and how humiliating it would be to be put back into them. Now that I remember that, I'm starting to get into the idea again. Like I said, cycles. But does liking the humiliation aspect of wearing diapers and baby clothes over the concept of ageplay/regression really qualify as AB? Or is that getting into other territory (e.g. dominance/submission)?

Sometimes "interest" = "curiosity". On finding things you enjoy and do, that interest can wane over time, especially of the experience doesn't live up to your expectations. Also if you want more but have reached the limit of what you sought, such as having every imaginable ABDL item in quantity and having lived the full experience many times over. Humans can get bored which plays a part as well. It can go either way or go nowhere, temporarily or permanently, so the thing to do is to not 'push' it, but to let things evolve to wherever you're heading to while seeing it simply as satisfying your curiosity and enjoying life's journey. For almost all of us, ABDL os really a small part of our life in comparison to all the rest.

Bettypooh

It might make an interesting chapter or a paper/article on the 'transition of diaper interests'. Do the motivations and inner needs really change or just the experssion of it? Fascinating...

maybe a little down the track!!!

I never considdered my self an AB from the start, never got into the acting as a baby aspect, not that I condone such things, it was never my thing. I started out clearly intrested in wearing diapers, I loved how they felt between my leggs, how I looked when I wore them, the comfort I felt while wearing them. I don't remember wanting to use them until I was around the age of 16, my intrest in diapers started when I was 5.

I have always considdered myself a DL, as I love wearing diaper and I love useing my diapers but I have always maintained my true age while wearing them.