LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ups And Downs

Been feeling unbalanced lately, with bouts of depression and bouts of peace. Seeing my Shrink Thursday. Will probably mean a complete meds change as we've changed doses 3 times already and I always seem to build up an immunity to Celexa. Didn't happen with Lexapro, but I can't afford the $260 a month that costs.

Weed works great..... Just saying.

Medical Weed may be going on the ballot here. If it passes I will ask for it. If i could relax and sleep at night without a xanax hangover in the morning I'd be a happy man. But not worth going to jail for.

DD, i have been on anti anxiety medication since i was about 6 years old... since i was around 16 i've had ativan, and take it as needed, so some days i may not need any, and the next day need 3-4.. i know how awful the 'hangover' period is....

My new dr, recommended i take GABA 750mg 1x in the AM and 1x in the PM... GABA is a natural amino acid supplement that affects dopamine and seratonin in the brain, big anxiety related chemicals... after about 2 weeks of taking this, i noticed i had cut in half the nml amount of anxiety medications i needed...

You can find gaba at all supplement stores, and most pharmacies with a vitamin/supplment center.. i can't say it will work for everyone... but theres not a whole lot of harm in trying it..... I got a 60 day supply (120 pills) for about $10 on amazon.... might be something worth trying.....

but eitherway, i do hope things get better for you!

• Doc took me off Celexa, trying Prozac now. Still taking the Xanax as well to be able to relax and rest at night.

GABA sounds interesting. Will try it!

It takes about two weeks of an antidepressant to work. Have you ever been on Effexor? (Venlafaxine) That one worked for me. I have been off of it for over 10 years now. A nasty divorce was rough.

• 4 weeks later...

as i told my shrink i'm not depressed i'm bored

i'm not thinking of killing myself cause i realized years ago my problems where cause by others so i'm thinking of killings others instead of myself

You just need to replace your depression with rage gets your blood flowing

as i told my shrink i'm not depressed i'm bored

i'm not thinking of killing myself cause i realized years ago my problems where cause by others so i'm thinking of killings others instead of myself

You just need to replace your depression with rage gets your blood flowing

I know your suggestion is well intentioned, but it's not a good approach. Clinical Depression is a physical disease that is manifested mentally and yes even physically. It is not something you can cure with attitude alone. If that were the case I would have never developed the disease myself.

Attitude does have an effect and is important in treatment, but filling yourself with rage is NOT going to help- all it will do is make things worse as your rage gets you in trouble (thus depressing you more) or builds up if it's not expressed (thus depressing you more AND heading you toward trouble).

Please don't give advice on the subject of depression unless you know what you are suggesting is correct because when someone is depressed they are liable to take advice and make things even worse for their so doing. Better that you just say nothing.

Bettypooh

I know your suggestion is well intentioned, but it's not a good approach. Clinical Depression is a physical disease that is manifested mentally and yes even physically. It is not something you can cure with attitude alone. If that were the case I would have never developed the disease myself.

Attitude does have an effect and is important in treatment, but filling yourself with rage is NOT going to help- all it will do is make things worse as your rage gets you in trouble (thus depressing you more) or builds up if it's not expressed (thus depressing you more AND heading you toward trouble).

Please don't give advice on the subject of depression unless you know what you are suggesting is correct because when someone is depressed they are liable to take advice and make things even worse for their so doing. Better that you just say nothing.

Bettypooh

Yeah, that. Rage will just make you weaker and more easily taken advantage of. Hope is better and far more viable, because things will get better. It is just a matter of patience and persistence. If that cannot save you from depression, then there is always drugs, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DailyDi, I understand the constant change of meds. I've been on I cant tell you how many different meds in the past 2 years. Right now I'm on buspar, which worked well in the beginning but I think I've grown immune to it now as I get anxious about 4-5 hours after taking it. Seeing the Dr. this Tuesday so we'll see how things go. Hope you find what works for you!

Paxy ^_^

I can't say much about the meds, as I'm coping fine without despite a family history of bipolar and clinical depression. I do recall reading a study in which they found that depression relapse rates for people with a regular and strenuous exercise regimen were significantly lower than those on antidepressants, and somewhat lower than people on both antidepressants and exercise. I know that good HARD exercise almost always brings me up, no matter how dark I'm feeling. And I do get DARK sometimes when I'm not active. I think that might be the reality behind what the poster above mentioned about rage. I'd think that the endorphin and adrenaline boost would be the source of any real improvement.

OMG I was SO upset earlier. I drove twenty minutes to go to my regular Sunday evening skating session... only to find the rink closed and empty. There was no sign, no notice on the site, nothing on the phone system to indicate they'd be closed...and I can't skate again until Thursday! :rant: I gotta get some outdoor wheels. :(