LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worried About Bedwetting In Hotel

At home I always wear Tena Slip Maxi and plastic pants but I do occasionally have leakage problems. It's OK because I do also have a rubber sheet.

My leakage problems have got worse recently and I am going on holiday to a hotel for nearly two weeks.

I am too embarassed to ask them to put a rubber sheet on the bed. Does anybody have any advice on what I should do?

When ever I travel I always tell the hotel that I need extra protection on the bed. Trust me they have heard it a all and if you are up front there will be no issues at check out if you had a leak.

I got a square yard of PUL (plain white) that folds up no bigger than a pair of sox in my suitcase.

Cost about $6. Soft, quiet, easily cleaned, big enough to stop a flood, discreet.

Get a new pair of plastic pants to take along and make this trip special.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.

One option I was considering was getting a waterproof pad, one side plastic, the other side towelling but don't seem to be able to find such a thing other than something that covers the whole bed.

My Walmart and Walgeens carry bed pads (reusable) also if traveling and space allows, don't over look a disposable pad in addition. It doesn't have the protection of the the reusable, but it may save you from laundry at a motel.

EDIT also look for infant crib pads

You can get a vinyl shower curtain at Walmart for about $4 or $5... You don't need a fancy one, just a cheap white or clear one.

I have a bed pad from a medical supply store, but it's only like 3 by 3 feet square. Works good when I first put it on the bed, but

after moving around in my sleep all night, it's usually not where I put it.

I found that a cheap shower curtain works quite well. It's plenty big enough, I just take the sheet down, put the curtain on, then put the sheet back on. Then if my diaper leaks, only the sheet gets wet, and the maid usually changes the sheets anyway. I was at a hotel last month for a week. The 3rd night, my diaper leaked and left a large wet spot on the sheet. When I came back the next afternoon, bed was made, with a note on the night stand which said "Thank you for your thoughtfulness, there are clean dry sheets on the bed."

Of course, the maid already knew I am a bedwetter, since I put my wet disposable diaper in the wastebasket every morning, inside a tied-off can liner.

I just lay a couple bath towels on the bed along with wearing a good overnight diaper. As long as you have a good quality diaper, leaks should be minimum.

I travel a lot, and only have had one or two times a leak has gotten thru my 24/7 diaper and the bath towels. The maid will see the used diapers in the trash and will most likely add additional stuff to your bed anyway.

Radioman

• Like 1

Tough question for a two week stay in a hotel. I'm not sure why you are leaking. I periodically use Abena Abriform XPlus with plastic pants over them when I travel and haven't had an issue. I thought the Tena Maxi Slip were just as good. You could bring a large changing pad and sleep on that. It wouldn't work for me, though, because I move around a lot. An alternative would be to use cloth diapers, which is what I usually do when on a relatively short trip (three nights or less). More difficult on longer trips because the diapers begin to "ripen" and if you rinse them out, they are heavy for luggage. At times, I'll use the hotel laundry service for my diapers. That's the easiest solution for longer trips.

Lou

well you could bring your won absorbant underpad for the bed, or wear better protection. Trust me, I am sure the staff would be more happy to just toss out a couple soaked diapers than change the bed's soaked sheets.

• 4 weeks later...

i have found traquility atn diapers with a contoured liner from tranquility work the best and when i do worry about night time leaks i also use a priva reuseable and a disposiable bed pad any more ? about diapers or bed pads dont hesitate to look me up and ask i have had incontinence 24/7 for most of my life!

I'm incontinent and have travelled a lot in connection with work. I just wear a high quality diaper but take no other precautions; and I don't worry about the occasional small leak. Leaks are rare, but when they have happened, I've never had any repercussions from the hotels.

Well I am back from my holiday now.

I managed not to leak but I disposed of my tena slips by wrapping them in plastic bags and putting them in the waste bin.

After about 3 days I noticed I had clean sheets and I also noticed they had put a waterproof mattress protector on the bed so I can only assume they knew as a result of the my disposing of the nappies in the waste bin and decided to take the necessary action!

A good result all round I think.

• 4 weeks later...

When I book my room , I request a waterproof matress cover. I am going back to a place I stayed at 45 days ago. When I made the reservationThey mentioned the protective cover. To which I replied yes please. I leave a used but rinsed cloth diaper in the shower along with plastic pants on the shower head. I will be in diapers for 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled all over the country. I carry diapers with me. If my wife travels with me, she brings cloth diapers!

I always diaper hubby in cloth and plastic panties to avoid embarresing situations in hotels

• 9 months later...

Floater, my experience has been to wash them after two (or three) days. It's easy to find laundry mats and most hotels will have washers/dryers you can use too. This will cut down on how many cloth diapers you need to bring and prevent them from getting too stinky or stained.