LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lol People Think We Are Gullible As Hell.

I would like it to be known that even though this seller is in my home town... I am in no way affiliated with them.. Just say'n! Sheeeze! at least it is still at zero bids!! ;)

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but people have in fact paid those kind of prices through him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130610376581 $45 for 2 (free shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130617483174 $30 for 2 (plus $10 shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130617881506 $35 for 2 (plus $10 shipping)

Also two auctions in the past that sold listed as "Adult baby NUK 10 Pacifier - 2" long, 1.5" wide" one sold for $100, another for $150

• 2 weeks later...

You should see what vintage attends go for on E-bay.

The key word there is "vintage." By definition, vintage Attends are no longer available--if you want them quickly/easily, you're going to have to go through eBay. I expect vintage Attends to go for a ridiculous price purely because of their age. Some prices are more ridiculous then others, but it really is simple supply and demand that's in play.

This auction is different. The item listed is still readily available for significantly less elsewhere. The mark-up isn't a difference between wholesale and retail or recouping fees and shipping, it's just pure price gouging.

Auction has ended with ZERO bids.

GOOD! I tried selling something here instead of on eBay because I don't want to charge my buyers to cover the cost of eBay fees. I hate scalpers, and this seller was scalping AB/DL items. A reasonable mark-up is one thing, but this is scalping/price gouging aimed at the AB/DL community. It reminds me of the guy whose selling GoodNites from 2007 for just under $100 hoping that some idiot will break and pay the $100. Maybe in 2017 those will be worth $100 or so, but the most that they should be going for now is about $50 with shipping included--$35-40 would be a more reasonable price to ask.

Skywolf, the $10 shipping in the links you've mentioned is reasonable. I've seen diapers cost $8-10 to ship before so this isn't unreasonable. The rest of the auctions prices are a bit less reasonable.

Yeah, I was mainly putting those in mainly to put the overall price into perspective. Although it shouldn't cost more that $5-6 to ship them, unless you go overnight or something.

For one or two of them--which is what that auction had listed--you're probably correct. Full packages of diapers will cost a bit more--usually between $8-10 to ship depending on the weight and distance of the destination from the shipping location. Shipping a bag of diapers to a neighboring state will cost significantly less than shipping a bag of diapers from the east coast to the west coast, or from the northern boarder to the southern boarder of the United States. In the coastal examples, parcel post can cost just under $10, while Priority Mail pushes $14--UPS and FedEx are even more expensive then the USPS.

The time of the year is also a factor--fuel costs more in the summer then the winter, and shipping rates usually increase in the summer as a result. In some cases, flat-rate boxes can lower shipping costs provided that the diapers will fit in them, but in others they actually raise the cost of shipping. International shipping will obviously be more expensive then domestic shipping for those who buy and sell internationally.

Most eBay sellers include the cost of their fees in their shipping charges. Those fees run about $5 per auction/sale, so if shipping is $8-10 and the fees are $5, charging $13-15 for shipping is understandable, and if the shipping is $5-6, and the fees are $5, charging $10-11 is understandable.

I'm going to use the last auction you listed where the diapers sold as an example here. Looking at that auction, the diapers sold for $35 plus $10 for shipping. The guy who sold them made $45 total. ABU no longer lists the Fabines as being available, but ABU's sample two packs of Cushies and SDKs cost $2.48 and $2.38, so let's average them out to $2.43 as a theoretical price for what two Fabines should theoretically cost from ABU--less if they were purchased by the case. We don't know where the seller had to ship these, so let's be really generous to him/her and say that shipping was to a remote location in the country. In this situation, shipping probably cost about $8, give or take a few cents. Let's also assume that this is one of the seller's first 50 auctions of the month, and then find out just how much this person actually made.

Auction opening/closing price: + $35

Shipping charges: + $10

Cost to ship: - $8

Cost of diapers sold: - $2.43

Cost of eBay fees: - $4.05

Cost of Paypal fees: - $1.61

Actual "net" profit: + $28.91 :o

Wait, there's more--with the information in that chart we can calculate the scalper's return on investment, which is the percentage he made off of what he sold. Remember, he's pocketing a minimum of $31.34, but only $28.91 of that is profit--the $2.43 is really a loss that was made back. The numbers we need to do the calculation are $31.34 and $2.43, or the total profit, and the cost of the item itself.

By dividing 31.34 into 2.43 I get 12.8971193415638. 12.8971193415638 multiplied by 100 is 1289.71 rounded to two decimal places. As a mathematical expression (31.34/2.43) x 100 = 1289.71% using the same rounding. For the purpose of calculating return on investment, business round up to whole numbers though, so we'll call the scalper's profit 1290%! That's right, he made a 1290% profit--remember 100% is breaking even, 200% is double your investment and so on--this guy made more than 12 times what he spent. That's outrageous for diapers that are or at least were still readily available less then a year ago. A "good" return on investment is usually considered something 150% or more. This guy's return on investment is purely insane, and in reality, he probably paid a bit less for the diapers and the shipping, so the return on investment is probably a bit higher.

I can understand charging a bit more for a unique or rare item, but the Fabines aren't really rare yet, and this guy was blatanly scalping his customers. It wasn't like two or more people got into a bidding war--one sucker bid $35 on an item that should have never sold for such an outrageous price. The only thing reasonable in that sale was the price of shipping. I could go on, but I think I've made my point. I just hope that the buyer had the good sense to leave a one star detailed seller rating under the "cost of item" section, because that pricing was outrageous.

Darn, I was gonna get some till I read that. :P

Okay, I had a bit of a laugh when I saw that as well. Some sellers do offer exchanges of identical diapers if the unopened package is damaged in shipping or something, but I can understand why the majority have a policy of "no returns." Then again, I've known people who have worked in stores that sell diapers who have been asked to take returns of open items that they will never be able to resell. On occasion you get "that asshole" who offers to return all of them including the used ones. Then again, when a seller charges this much for two loose diapers, he probably is "that asshole" who tried to return all of them--including the used ones. :P

Look, I have no problem with reasonable mark-ups. What I have a problem with is scalping--I'm not talking about buyers who get into a bidding war--I'm talking about sellers who set a ridiculous starting price for an item that isn't really that rare. Asking $15+ per diaper for diapers that are still pretty easy to find qualifies as scalping.

Don't know if some still do it, but I remember when sellers would slap a couple stickers or a strip of decorated tape on a couple Attends or Depends, and sell them for the same price as the auctions above for a pair. All in the name of them being customized like that.

This guy had more than one listing for these diapers. In order to sell two diapers only, you would have had to purchase at least a bag if not a case of them. So to start splitting up the bag in multiples of 2 for $35, do the math on what he was projecting to make from selling the bag if not his whole case.

This is nothing but setting out for mere profit. You can't say he was merely helping out the community by giving people a chance to try these new fandangled diapes that can take 9 pounds of liquid.

SERIOUSLY !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

abrichiebc, technically all sales are for profit, the problem is you have to price according to demand ... and this seller clearly did not. This is a rip off, and yes, people are that stupid sometimes.

Thing is, a new member of the community just discovering all the AB-DL stuff could fall for this easily, it's not farfetched to think someone may actually buy those not knowing about the companies that sell them. The strange phenomenon lately is that the frequency of gullible people online is declining, a lot. I am guessing the seller got away with several such rip off sales before and is just keeping it up in spite of himself.