LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urinary Incont Leading To Bowel Incont?

Hey all I've been Urinary incont for a little more than 3 years now but over the last couple of months I've been having some bowel issues.

I haven't lost all control over by bladder I typically have about 60 to 70 percent control on a good day and maybe 30 percent on a bad. About 3 months ago I started having issues making it to the restroom in time for number 2. Sometimes I can feel it coming like when youre trying to hold but just won't stop and others I don't know it's happened until I like stand up from a sitting position. I've even woken up after a good nights sleep to terrible smell of me having gone number 2 in my sleep. For the record when I can feel it coming it's fully formed but when I don't it's loose and runny.

I've ruined brand new training pants the first time I've worn them on more than 1 occasion.

So I guess my question is can Urinary incont lead to bowel incont?

I have heard of plenty of people having both issues, but as far as I know, nothing that would really link one to the other directly. And if to stools are too runny and this keeps happening, it could be a sign of something much more serious. So if it's that bothersome and out of the ordinary, I wouldn't just ignore it.....

My bowel issues aren't all the time. Most of the time I can go just fine but sometimes I can't go no matter how hard I try and then a few days later I end up crapping my pants. I happened again last night. I got home from work ate supper, went number 2, took a shower and went to bed. Woke up this morning with a soaked and soiled diaper.

I've seen a doctor for 3 years on my Urinary problems but Like I said my bowel issues have just started recently. I plan on going to see a doctor after the first of the year for after my insurance rolls over. That way if they want to do a bunch of tests they can pay for it.

• 1 month later...

Blitz

I hope you post what they find as I am sort of like you.It comes and gos.I don`t leak at night most of the time but when I am sitting up or walking.I take a diuretic in the mornings so I am subject to wet my self and time I am not with in less than a minute from a rest room.If I feel I have to pee I will be leaking a little till I do.Also I have bowel trouble that comes and gos.For a while I did`t know I had to go till I did.Now I feel it coming but has with wetting I better be close to toilet or I will fill my diaper.I had test when they thought I was having a heart attack and could not stop wetting my self.The did all kinks of test for a week but never told me any thing.And I don`t think they have and answer.I just wear a diaper of some kind most of the time just in case so I don`t have to worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have nerve damage to the bladder due to 3 low back surguries now the nerve that controls the bladder muscles and the nerve that tells the brain I have to go are both dead so I can wet my diapers without warning and over the years with the stress from my low back and everyday life I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) with sometimes makes me have a messy accident, So I am diapered 24/7 becouse of this but I don't let it stop me from doing most of the things I like doing but I do have to carry extra diapers with me just in case.

And now over the years I have gotten into a bit of my AB side as you can see from my profile picture.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I went to a gastrointerologist this week and he is sending me first to a colorectal surgeon and then to a nurologist. He said I had good muscle tone and mentioned it might possibly be MS. Which scares the heck out of me. I have an appointment next week with the colorectal people and we will see what they say.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone cares but I've been now to see both the colorectal and an neurosurgeon and after spending about 3 hours in an MRI machine they have basically ruled out ms. I've also discovered that I am apparently the talk of the town among the doctors because no one can figure out why I'm incontinent. So I'm going to see a neurologist in a week or two to look my head over and tell me what's wrong. Really gettIng sick of them not being able to figure this out. Especially with all the money I'm throwing at them

At least the Doctor's news isn't bad so far ;) I doubt that you enjoy being the 'talk of the town' among them, but that may bring forth the answer from someone who had dealt with it before and get you a quicker solution. Historically, that is how Doctors have effectively networked long before things like the internet and it works pretty well. Maybe they will get it figured out soon- we hope so!

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

I have suffered the other way round had part of my large bowel removed and after repeated infections I now regularly suffer from chronic diarrhoea but I believe because of the surgery that I have under gone this has left me with severe adhesions I think it is these that are now causing incontinence on the urinary side if you have had abdominal surgery some people will have major problems with adhesions told the doctors and they just pass you around to someone else.

Guest *~Andi~*

At least the Doctor's news isn't bad so far ;) I doubt that you enjoy being the 'talk of the town' among them, but that may bring forth the answer from someone who had dealt with it before and get you a quicker solution. Historically, that is how Doctors have effectively networked long before things like the internet and it works pretty well. Maybe they will get it figured out soon- we hope so!

Bettypooh

She has a point! :thumbsup:

True she does have a point. I'm getting to the point where I kinda feel like it doesn't matter what the diagnosis is as long as I know what's wrong with me. Just so tired of the tests and questions. I just want it all to end.

• 2 weeks later...

It Does sound like you have Intermittent Functional Incontinence, This is when you do not have enough time between when your body signals you have to relive your self and the time needed to get to the bathroom remove your pants and underwear and pinch off a few. as to why thats occurring and only intermittently is anyones guess.

Nappy

It Does sound like you have Intermittent Functional Incontinence, This is when you do not have enough time between when your body signals you have to relive your self and the time needed to get to the bathroom remove your pants and underwear and pinch off a few. as to why thats occurring and only intermittently is anyones guess.

Nappy

That's about the closest thing I've had to a diagnosis so far. Thanks for the input. :thumbsup: