LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Steve Jobs Has Passed.

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. I think we all knew when he resigned last month that he would have to be very sick to step away from his company.

Love him or not, he became legend in his own lifetime & the tech world has lost a visionary the likes of which we probably won't see again.

The last time I saw him on TV I noticed how gaunt he had become, so knowing of his experience with cancer I figured things out the moment he took another medical leave. Nobody turns into an angel just because they die and like anyone else he had a checkered past too. But he did have one of the sharpest business acumen's this world will ever see, building on success and failure to emerge on top at the end no matter what without the use of any dirty business practices- and that is one of the hardest things anyone can ever do, especially as well as he did it.

See ya Steve

Bettypooh

I was never a big fan of apple but this is sad. I dont like the way apple holds a iron curtain on all apps etc on all their devices but i do have a lot of respect for their creativity and insight. He was a visionary and built a corporation that should live for many years to come. His loss will and is being felt. I wish the ones he cared for and those that care for him the best in their loss.

building on success and failure to emerge on top at the end no matter what without the use of any dirty business practices- and that is one of the hardest things anyone can ever do, especially as well as he did it.

Except for the fact that his company's products are manufactured in sweatshops in China by overworked, underpaid, badly treated workers.

http://www.dailymail...-make-iPod.html

And that he's was building a company that's rapidly coming to the attention of monopoly regulators for anti-trust and anti-competition issues around the world (i.e. the recent changes to ebook selling that required sellers such as Amazon and B&N to either give Apple 30% of their sales and go through Apple's payment system (giving up their access to the customer in the process) or stop selling products on iPhones...

He was a visionary, a fanatic for detail and design and he died too young but he wasn't a saint by any stretch of the imagination. Ruthless is a better word.

Except for the fact that his company's products are manufactured in sweatshops in China by overworked, underpaid, badly treated workers.....

Well that's everyone these days. Even Lenovo (IBM) who has plants not so far from here has drifted away. I don't like it either, but it is today's norm and Apple wasn't the first or the worst in this regard.

He was a visionary, a fanatic for detail and design and he died too young but he wasn't a saint by any stretch of the imagination. Ruthless is a better word.

Ruthless is business, and business is ruthless at that level. And I never claimed he was a saint or a devil- just that he did what very few others ever will.

Bettypooh

I'm with Autie on this one. He was a man who had a family. So it is a loss for them. I feel bad for that much, my condolences and all that jazz.

But a saint he was not. Even though the advertising dictated that his company was hip and cared about the indigenous people of... where ever. This couldn't be father from the truth. He headed a billion dollar corporation that had only one rule; make money at any cost.

So no, I'm not going to mourn this death any more than any other random individual that dies.

Besides, I have it from a reliable source that the hipsters are way more into him now that he is underground.

I don't get it...

The spinning pinwheel (AKA the beach-ball and a hundred other nicknames) is what Macs display when an application or the system locks up. It's analogous to the infamous (not responding) addition to a application's title in Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_wait_cursor

The comic (which is from XKCD by the way) has some explanatory text:

There's always the hope that if you sit and watch for long enough, the beachball will vanish and the thing it interrupted will return.

He will be missed. Love him or hate him, buy iStuff or leave it, PC or Mac, he was a pretty good frontman for Apple.

Rumours abound it was a well-covered murder. Police are looking for

iWitnesses

For some reason, the media treated him like Jesus. They thought he walked on water and could do no wrong. Kind of like he was the model for how they treat Obama now. Not to distract from Jobs, though, he was a shaker and mover but so are earthquakes.

Personally, I hate that another human has assumed room temperature, but we will all do it eventually. His life proves you can't buy your health with any amount of money. I look at the cult of Jobs like I would the Scientologist, Moonies and Jim Jones followers. We call them Koolaid drinkers around here, true believers that will not listen if their god is shown to be other than perfect.

Whatever, if HP, IBM or Motorola had made a device with a proprietary cable, no replaceable battery and no extra media slot, they'd have flopped quicker than the Apple Newton.

In closing, he should have eaten some red meat!

Apparently you've never used a Mac in your life then...

In highschool and JR High we did. But those were ancient, even by the standards then. They were POS computers and completely turned me against apple products. I've had fewer problems with PCs over the last 12 years than I did with those old macs in one day...

Too soon? Naah! This comic is titled "Eternal Flame"

eternal_flame.gif

On a Windows OS, the wait timer is an egg timer (that constantly refills), while on the Apple OS, the wait timer is a circle. Its roots came from the sequence of '\' '!' '/' '-' which repeated. The joke is that you are constantly waiting, due to the inability of the operating system to process the images fast enough, the flame.

Re: Steve Jobs, yes his family get my condolences for his loss, however, he nor the business gets any pity from me. As Bettypooh stated correctly, he and Apple are ruthless. It was his and Apples greed that created the opening for Microsoft and have held us, the end user, to ransom for the past 30 years. The computer industry is solely responsible for crippling the development processes in the world.

1928 First Television set sold to a customer

1931 First video recorder produced.

That difference is four years, however....

1969/73 Creation/invention of the internet.

(+5 years)

1974/75 First home/personal computer available

(+6 years)

1981 IBM Clone computer created

(+30 years)

2011 Today - computers have got faster. Moores law states, correctly that every 18 months, computers will get twice as fast and half as expensive. The difference between the availability of computers and the change of technology is now 40+ years. The reason for this slow development progress is pure economics. - it is better financially, for everyone concerned (except the end user) to delay progress. This allows all to charge the most for the least amount of work. It was the computer industry that created the now famous 'licensing agreement'. This means that the vendor can sell you, the end user, a product where you, the end user NEVER owns the product. ALSO, the vendor is not responsible in any way if the product fails. This is because you, the end user, need to own or part own a product for your rights of complaint to exist. If this 'licensing agreement' was enforced in any other market sector, one of two scenarios would exist - 1 No more legal system, as there is no-one liable for anything OR 2- The law would be changed.

Do I feel sympathy for the people within the computer industry, about the same as I do for someone who tries to hurt me.