LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any One Know How To Treat Diaper Rash

suzuki2011

i wasnt able to wear for a while cause i had bad diaper rash in the groin area. i know i should have used powder to prevent it but i didnt any way like i said i had bad diaper rash (gone now) and i was wondering for future purposes does anyone have a good way to treat it??

Powder is of dubious preventative measure, you really need a barrier cream of some sort (Sween, ButtPaste, Desitan).

The key to recover is to keep the area dry and aired out and can be ameliorated with some of the ointments above.

That is if you've just got some contact dermatitis. If you've managed to get a yeast infection or the like going there, you'll need to try something like Lotramin cream.

Pepto Bismol works as a pain free topical ointment for diaper rash. Didn't believe it myself 'til I tried it. heard of it from my brother when his son had a rash. even Desitin or Vaseline, zinc oxide or cod liver oil, etcetera, can hurt on application if only for a little bit. many treatments will help get rid of it. some take longer than others and some hurt more than others, good luck finding what works for you.

Definitely, and being one of the powder dumpers can really be asking for a rash. " those people who, after they diaper up, grab the bottle of powder and squeeze some in." Problem with this is that you end up with way too much powder in one place, it clumps when it gets wet and will just keep the wetness on you skin.

Generally the best treatment for diaper rash is air. When you start seeing signs of a rash, take a shower/bath dry off patting the area, and keep the area naked for an hour or so with the area exposed. And definitely keep the area as dry and moisture free as you can for a day or two. Unfortunately for me this could mean going to something thinner and changing every half an hour, or using a cath. Other then that, things should clear up fairly quick.

My absolute favorite way to treat a diaper rash is to practice good hygiene in the first place which virtually eliminates "diaper rash".

The only time i have ever had diaper rash was when i was in the Hospital, and could not care for myself, I got both a diaper rash and bedsores

well in the Hospital which i have never had before or since that time in almost a decade of Incontinence and impaired mobility.

I was Not a Happy Nappy!

okay ppl. i found the comments a bit snide and rude. helpful but rude. (and i would have never thought pepto...?)

for the record im not as you called it a "powder dumper." i dont put the diaper on and then just pour powder down the back of it. i lay the diaper open and put powder in it put powder on me and then put the diaper on. and you know what? it works *gasp* :o i didnt put the post up to be bitched at about how i put on my diaper i put it up to ask what the best way to treat diaper rash.

im sorry if im seeming rude. but i feel as if all the comments (although they had tips) were judging me a little bit cause i use powder

Preparation, preparation, preparation....Desitin is best, followed by Vaseline, powder is further down unless only using for a few hrs.

Desitin is creamy and sticks. It can be messy so I use one of those bulk rubber/neoprene gloves (found at any hardware store). After using, just pull it off inside out and you still have a clean hand to finish diapering.

This might sound mean but its not ... wash wash wash your diaper area (and get rid of any hair down there). You need to get the urine off your skin. During a rash at my house, my princess gets at least 2 baths a day and extra wiping during changes with a damp rag, not just plenty of wipes. Get a rash cream high in zinc oxide if you want it gone fast ... we have one we found that has 16% (even name brands like A&D are only 12%). Switch your powder to cornstarch based. We only use the cornstarch based johnsons ... you can get a big bottle of it at wallymart for 2.50 (the one with the pink top). After making sure you are well cleaned, apply cream and work in well as often as necessary.

To avoid future rashes, get rid of hair, drink more water and do not sit around with urine on your skin. Use rash cream on overly sensitive areas each time you change, use cornstarch based babypowder and take care of yourself. If this doesnt cure it, its because its fungal and not just diaper rash. In that case ... treat with the same stuff youd use for jock itch. Tinactin spray works fine. Dry out the area in either case as much as possible (if you arent stuck in diapers, be free in your room a few hours a day and keep dry as much as possible).

• Like 1

I will say say if you are a DL and getting diaper rash either you are:

1. staying in a wet/messy diaper to long

2. not cleaning yourself properly when changing

3.not apllying a barrier cream( desitin ,petroleum, a&d, Remedy,Calmospetine, etc...

4.not using the rules of balance( spending as much time with a dry butt sitting with a Diaper in front of you to catch urine leakage as you do in a diaper wrapped up where moisture can affect your butt

5.to avoid to much powder with to the liquid baby powder it goes on like lotion and dries to a powder and works quite well

and finally if you are a DL and not wearing 24/7 and having diaper rash you need to see a Doctor to find out exactly what step you are missing or deficient in in order to stop having this problem.

Nappy

Diaper rash, or more correctly called skin dermatitis is one of three different rashes. All cause a breakdown of the protective layer of skin. Zinc oxide cream will cure all.

1- Friction rash - caused by skin rubbing against something else. This turns red and sometimes bleeds. This is usually around the inside of the thighs, underarms or any place where there is high friction. To avoid this, use talc and keep area dry.

2-Caustic reaction - caused by excess caustic material being left on skin. This is like little pits where the acid has burnt the skin. Sweat / urine and/or faeces causes this. To avoid, clean area well, and use a barrier cream.

3 - Yeast infection - caused by bacterial growth on skin. This will show as miniature white spots that are painful to touch. To cure, wash well in clean warm water, pat dry and apply medicated zinc oxide cream. Do not rub it, but allow skin to absorb. Air area well. Wash hands well after application - to avoid cross contamination. This should begin to clear in 24-48 hours. If it doesn't seek medical attention, - antibiotics.

All three are caused by long term exposure to moisture and/or faeces, and can be avoided using simple hygiene procedures. If you chose to wear diapers, ensure that the area is clean and dry at each change. Use a barrier cream.

Something you may not be aware of...

• Baby powder was designed to avoid friction rash - between the plastic pants and the babies skin.

• Baby lotion is only used to cleanse babies skin. It is used, with cotton wool, on infants, to clean the skin.

• Diaper cream was used exclusively before the introduction of disposable diapers.

• Disposable diapers are, indirectly, the main cause of diaper rash. (see below)

1. Due to the super absorbancy (and cost) of a disposable diaper, most parents will change a disposable diaper at a specific time during the day rather than when the diaper is wet. If the child is breast fed, since the stools do not smell, the infant could be left in a soiled diaper until the infant cries.

2. Due to the effectiveness of the plastic coating of a disposable diaper, heat builds up to above body temperature in a wet diaper, which accelerates the growth of rash forming bacteria.

3. Most parents do not use diaper cream (except to try and cure a rash) during a disposable diaper change for fear of contaminating the fixing tapes / landing zones of a diaper.

#1 also shows the reason that toilet training is being delayed / more difficult. A disposable diaper does not feel wet / uncomfortable to a child - therefore the child does not learn that s/he has wet the diaper and associate the discomfort with wetting. And due to the 'lock away core' the child forgets that s/he has wet. It is not until the diaper becomes saturated / soiled / begins to leak , that the child requests a change.

another thing people should keep in mind is never ever use any potion lotion cream jelly or especially ointment on their skin if they wear plastic pants over a cloth diaper or disposable because petroleum in some form or another is usually an ingredient and that is murder on your plastic pants, it dries them out makes them brittle and then they start cracking, now if you buy .99 plastic pants well you don't care drive on but when you buy good plastic pants that are 35+ a pair then you care muchly , and there are petroleum free products out there burt's bees has some, Remedy has some, and you can ask your doctor for a script for pure zinc oxide that has no petroleum in it at all, I think you may be able to buy it OTC but insurance will cover it with a script and it is very very expensive.

That would put fizz in your pizz

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start a new thread as I have a related question and this seems to be a good place to put it.

So I get... something... if I am diapered too much. And by too much, I don't mean a lot by anyone's definition. I mean wearing one diaper three nights in a row for maybe 3-5 hours each night. What happens doesn't sound like any of the three things described by babykeiff. Basically my skin just becomes more sensitive. It doesn't look any different. It doesn't get red or have any spots or anything like that. It doesn't hurt unless I'm sitting too long or wearing too tight jeans and even then it's only a mild irritation, but still an irritation all the same.

I'd like to avoid it but am not even sure what's causing it or what it is. I have tried baby powder and diaper rash cream and have no idea if either have worked since I only ever start trying to use either after the problem has arisen and at that point I end up not using and diapers for a few days. So I don't know if it's just not wearing anything that fixes it or using the powder or cream.

Maybe I just need to experiment more. I think I just have very very sensitive skin. Now that I think of it I can only shave every 2-3 days because shaving causes a similar reaction.

i wasnt able to wear for a while cause i had bad diaper rash in the groin area. i know i should have used powder to prevent it but i didnt any way like i said i had bad diaper rash (gone now) and i was wondering for future purposes does anyone have a good way to treat it??

Check with your doctor.

The last prescription I got was for Econazole