LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where Is Bettypooh?

Bettypooh has an old computer that was unable to handle the new updates to this website. She still makes blog entries once in a while.

Perhaps DD could install a 'simple' theme without the bells and whistles for people with less powerful computers?

Also, at the bottom of the page, you can change the theme to "IP.Board Mobile" which while designed for cell phones and a PITA to use on a computer, is lightweight and doesn't have the fancy stuff bogging it down...

I am still around most everyday. Got a few personal issues lately but am doing okay for now. I usually come in in the morning and do my policing then. Hang out in chat now and then to help out as much as possible.

BettyPooh is getting ready for a new job change and will be moving to NC soon if not already so the activity on the board is lagging abit but has told me that "she" will be on when she can.

Thanks for the concern and inquiry. :thumbsup:

The new layout isn't an improvement. It's got enough bugs and problems that it's a downgrade.

Maybe I'm not using all the available functions (<grin>and I'm from the old fashioned UK and not based in modern America </grin>), but it seems to be ok with me.

What is wrong with it from your point of view?

Maybe I'm not using all the available functions (<grin>and I'm from the old fashioned UK and not based in modern America </grin>), but it seems to be ok with me.

What is wrong with it from your point of view?

I direct you to 3 pages worth of complaints. The update has made things very screwy. It's also made it difficult for those of us with slow internet connectins, since we can't reply to topics until the board has fully loaded the page. It used to be that I could just hit the "stop" button on firefox to prevent it from loading all of the avatar pictures and whatnot. Now, the only options are wait forever for the whole page to load, or try and use the extremely limited "mobile" version, which removes the ability to quickly navigate back to the main board area without first navigating backwards through all of the sub-forums... The "mobile" version also lacks stuff like the ability to utilize the buttons in the full mode editor. They both make navigating and posting to the board more difficult.

I direct you to 3 pages worth of complaints. The update

No, you directed me to 3 pages of comments, some bad, some good, some neutral, and some very upset.

I can understand you not being happy with the heavier network load of the forum; I had similar views at times. My grandmother even thought that colour television was more of a distraction than doing any better than black and white. The web has always gone heavier, never lighter, on traffic. the majority of people seem to want that so. I can personally do without a GB of flash animations loading before I can use my webmail, but all the other users seem to need pretty wiggly pictures.

Is there nothing you can do about your Internet connection? Have you maybe thought of using tabs (right click-open in new tab, instead of going forth and back), switch loading pictures off, raising the cache, using a caching proxy (like jana2.5)?

I don't mean that nastily, just as suggestions.

No, you directed me to 3 pages of comments, some bad, some good, some neutral, and some very upset.

I can understand you not being happy with the heavier network load of the forum; I had similar views at times. My grandmother even thought that colour television was more of a distraction than doing any better than black and white. The web has always gone heavier, never lighter, on traffic. the majority of people seem to want that so. I can personally do without a GB of flash animations loading before I can use my webmail, but all the other users seem to need pretty wiggly pictures.

Is there nothing you can do about your Internet connection? Have you maybe thought of using tabs (right click-open in new tab, instead of going forth and back), switch loading pictures off, raising the cache, using a caching proxy (like jana2.5)?

I don't mean that nastily, just as suggestions.

The only thing I can do is use Earthlink's Accelerator to try and degrade picture quality. It doesn't help much. And tab browsing often causes me to run into other problems.

I checked on the Accelerator and it looks like a caching proxy. OK, scrap that then. Do you really need the all of the pictures in the forum? You can switch the autoload off per website in your browser (firefox at least,and I'm pretty sure IE as well; and the others should most likely do it as well.).

Is satellite downlink an option? I presume your on a POTS dialup connection now?

I checked on the Accelerator and it looks like a caching proxy. OK, scrap that then. Do you really need the all of the pictures in the forum? You can switch the autoload off per website in your browser (firefox at least,and I'm pretty sure IE as well; and the others should most likely do it as well.).

Is satellite downlink an option? I presume your on a POTS dialup connection now?

I run across nifty pictures often enough that disableing the pictures is going to be a problem. I did manage to find a means of speeding things up a bit more while playing around with the advanced connection settings. But, now the page sometimes forgets to load the reply box and has to be reloaded. But with the speed boost, that's more of a minor annoyance.

I have no idea what "POTS" stands for. I'm on an old fashion phone line and modem dial-up connection. 21kb/s on a good day, with Accelerator maxed out. Satellite anything is out of the question. Due to where I live, there are no high-speed internet providers that don't cost more than I can afford. A friend of mine lives in a city and gets dirt-cheap highspeed internet. I live out in the sticks, where old fashion dial-up is the only dirt cheap option. Most of my money goes into utilities and groceries. I usually have less than 100 in the bank at the end of the month.

• Like 1

I have no idea what "POTS" stands for. I'm on an old fashion phone line

That's exactly what it means: Plain Old Telephone Service. Used to mean Post Office blabla in the past, but as most of the Post Offices aren't running this any more, the Plain Old telephone service has become a standard term in ICT.

21kb/s on a good day, with Accelerator maxed out.

My word. Kansas is apparently not that internet friendly:

1481488299.png

Upload is fine, but download... less than amazing. And then with a telephone modem. You convinced me: That sucks. Big time.

• 3 weeks later...

That's exactly what it means: Plain Old Telephone Service. Used to mean Post Office blabla in the past, but as most of the Post Offices aren't running this any more, the Plain Old telephone service has become a standard term in ICT.

1481488299.png

Upload is fine, but download... less than amazing. And then with a telephone modem. You convinced me: That sucks. Big time.

A: What's ICT?

B: Rural Southeastern Kansas/Southwestern Missouri/Northeastern Oklahoma corners seems to be a dead zone when it comes to those "affordable high speed rural internet in your area*" companies. [*Not available in all areas]. And cable companies refuse to lay cable out here. So, you're either stuck with 2 TV channels, or satellite TV that cuts out when it gets a bit cloudy... The main reason that country folk tend to be 10-20 years behind everyone else in term of technology is that it's simply not available out here in the sticks until then, or it's prohibitively expensive and we're dirt poor. If we're lucky, in another 20 years, we'll have 56k phone lines...

C: Holy crap... I'd be lucky to hit those numbers in KB/s on a good night... Though, i have found some extra Firefox extensions that're helping to speed things up a bit more. So, now it only takes about 75% as long to load pages. I'd be rather grateful if anyone could direct me to some extensions that can really jack up the Firefox page loading speed. I already have "fast fox" "faster fox" and "fastest fox". And I found an extension that overrides the compatibility checker to allow old extensions to work with newer versions of Firefox.

Now you know why we are not in Kansas any more Toto

Internet connectivity in the US generally sucks big time. Fibre to the home is coming (or fibre to the cabinet, I forget which) slooooooowly and expensively to a few locations but generally compared to other countries, speeds are horrible and prices are eye-watering.