LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Somewhere in my bedroom is a little box with the wedding ring from my first, many moons ago, marriage. With gold WAY up there I figure it's time to cash in. Trouble is... I can't find the box! I can see it in my mind's eye sitting in my sock drawer back in my old house. Trouble is... I moved 3 years ago and probably packed the thing away. Guess it's time to clean up the bedroom, eh? With my luck the price of gold will plummet the day I find the ring!

I'm still sitting on the wedding band from my first too and I've been thinking of unloading it. I don't know why I kept it all these years but it makes sense to sell now while gold is ridiculous. I'm also sitting on my late husbands wedding band, solid platinum with 2 14 kt gold ropes around the outside but I'm thinking of having it turned into a pendant so I can wear it around my neck. The platinum one has sentimental value far in excess of the price of the metal itself.

Hugs,

Freta

I've got a necklace somewhere. I was in the hospital in 2008 and my bro brought it home. He cant find it and I havent seen it since.

The current gold price is a speculator-driven aberration. True, there is an intrinsic value to gold based on its use in electronics and jewelry, however the "real" value of gold as derived from the classic supply/demand equations is nowhere near $1,800. Remember silver? Same thing. Shot up on speculation and then crashed.

I'm getting ready to call gold "the beanie baby of 2012". Remember... you heard it here first!

BTW... found the ring! Oddly enough, it was in my little jewelry box.

• Like 1

Gold is around 1,800 dollars per ounce. If you have an ounce of gold, you will never be able to get anything close to $1800 if you try to sell it.

True. But you also have to realize that most jewelry isn't pure gold, this effects the price. Someone has to be paid to melt it down and refine it in order to get the pure material.

Still, even if you got 25% of the going price that is $450... which is a week's pay for some people.