LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thrift Store Heaven

Guest scenarioX

Guest scenarioX

Ever so often I go to this thrift store that always seems to have some sort of incontinence stuff for sale, today was no different.

I walked in and headed to the area they usually put medical gear; crutches; walkers and of course adult diapers. I rounded the corner and into the isle....then slightly fainted. I stood there for a couple of seconds then kept walking. I couldn't believe what I saw...it was unbelievable.

Not only a couple of the cute chicks that work there were in that isle(one of them is pregnant(obviously) they were putting packs of adult diapers on the shelves and I mean MANY MANY MANY packs...crates boxes.....a ton! The pregnant girl was taping up some of the ripped packs and was taking loose diapers and arranging them on the shelf.

I couldn't resist saying something smart lol...

So I walked by and said... "Wow are those huge diapers or what" lol.... then the girl says...no, they are adult briefs lmao as she chuckled a bit.

When they got out of there I counted three packs of large Attends 10, two huge packs of Tena classic, and tons of loose out of the package blue diapers. They left some on the shelf and the rest in a big box.

Obviously I didn't buy any..... If they are there in three days I'll possibly get one of each....The Tena classic like 40 diapers were $2.39 a pack.

Thrift stores rule.

I'm going with my wife/ mommy to a new thrift store on tuesday, to look for sissy girly clothing and the occasional bag of cheap adult diapers.

Wow, Tena classics can't be found in store around me and I'm in NJ near Port Newark! These and the Attends 10 classic are even more fun to use the depends. Thats about the best you'll find in most thrift stores and the prices can't be beat! I've already lost my fear of buying diapers - TG! I need 'em too much for be afraid of what others in a store think. I care about what I think. D I A P E R S R O C K ! ! !

You buy 'em when you see 'em, or they'll be gone. Thrift shop is the way to go. You would have gotten a rush buying after talking to that woman.

Now, if you can get over your own embarassment over buying your own diapers in public, nobody has to KNOW you're buying them for you, and if you don't act like it's any big deal that you're buying diapers for you, no one will really notice and they really won't CARE. In fact, you'll probably get empathy and sympathy versus getting scrutinize or laughed at, or have attention drawn to you.

It's diapers. They're legal and a legitimate product to purchase and use.

50 cents a diaper or less? Why pay retail? Even lesser quality diapers, like Attends, can be made to work well when you add boost pads or soakers to them. Thrift shops let you experiment economically!

You buy 'em when you see 'em, or they'll be gone. Thrift shop is the way to go. Now, if you can get over your own embarassment over buying your own diapers in public, nobody has to KNOW you're buying them for you, and if you don't act like it's any big deal that you're buying diapers for you, no one will really notice and they really won't CARE. In fact, you'll probably get empathy and sympathy versus getting scrutinize or laughed at, or have attention drawn to you.

It's diapers. They're legal and a legitimate product to purchase and use.

This is really a good post that I really agree with. Especially the part about not noticing & caring about what you are buying, & also about getting sympathy & empathy. I will have to keep my eyes peeled when I'm at thrift stores as well.

Rockies Fan.

It's interesting that there are 3 thrift stores in my area, all within just a few blocks of each other. One of them always has different colored tags on all the items, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, etc. When you walk in, at the front they have a dry erase board stating which colors are half off that day. Usually when they have good adult diapers they don't last very long! Well, I was there with a DL friend and they had bags of Attends with the plastic backing for $8 per bag. Because the price stickers on the bags were yellow and that was the 1/2 off color, my DL friend told the clerk that they were 1/2 off and we each got 2 bags for $4 each.

Now, when I go in there they have had many packages of those same Attends and they ahve been there for over a month! Why? There is a sign on the shelf saying, "Adult diapers are not 1/2 off! If you open any packages, you will be expected to pay for them!" Maybe it's the principal of the thing and people are not buying them because of the note! I have to wonder just how many AB or DL's there are in the area if people have been opening up the packages on the shelves! Have they been slipping a diaper down the front of their pants and walking out the door? Prior to that note, the adult diapers would be gone in a matter of a day or two!

I have a Question, Is there a specific chain of Thrift Stores, such as Savers, Arc Thrift Stores that you might tend to find Diapers at? Or are these Stores that you are finding diapers at, not chain specific? Thanks in advance,

Rockies Fan.

There's a few different Goodwills around me. One has diapers all the time, one has them sometimes and another almost never. Just be patient and if you're embarassed go in the morning when they open so there's less people.

Guest scenarioX

Woe I need to clear this up a bit, I'm so sorry.

The chain of thrift store I always find diapers in is called "Thrifty Shopper" they have 4 stores that I know about and one is in my town, the others in Syracuse, NY. I ALWAYS find some sort of incontinence item when I go...it's like a cool surprise to go around to that isle....never know what will be there.

I normally would of bought them I love buying adult diapers in thrift stores. However I was feeling generous that day, I already have a pile that I need to "weed" down, didn't really need them and I buy them all the time at that store....so I said what the heck...let someone that REALLY needs them have them. They are expensive and a lot of older folks and people with disabilities sometimes don't have much money... So I felt generous about that, I bought my fair share cheap so I passed it up.

No doubt they were all gone today when I went to look around, but there sat a single bag of Depends for woman lol and wouldn't you know it, some old woman scooped them up while I was exiting the isle lmao. It was a total turn off seeing an old lady pick up depends for woman.....ick.

Can't wait to see a load of Depends for men sitting there....I'm so going to buy those in front of some of the cute chicks lmao.... I know it sounds perverted, but what the hell.....we DL's are harmless. I don't feel guilt about it.

Again I am sorry I confused you all.

Guest scenarioX

Also to add....I am trying to keep smaller "stashes" of diapers and AB/DL stuff around, because I usually have piles of stuff around that takes years to use up..so I am starting to do a "run out of a single pack, get another single pack" deal rather than have 10 packs laying around.

I just feel safer like that and that is part reason I didn't buy all those diapers last week. I simply do not need them.

I did darn good resisting too....another thing I am working on as a AB/DL.

Ya but by buying them super cheap at a thrift store you are saving yourself a bundle of money. Also if buying online it is way cheaper to buy by the case.

Now I could understand a rule that you couldn't have more than a certain number of bags extra, so like you couldn't buy more if you had 10 bags already. If you have less than 10 you can buy to max out your stock of 10, but no more.

I was at a county thrift store today and was SURPRISED!!!

The hand lettered sign behind the checkout counter read: "FREE ADULT DIAPERS" starting 8/22/11.

And no, I did not ask for free diapers.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• 8 months later...

I practically live in thrift stores, but the ones I go to never seem to have anything except the "usual" stuff sold in supermarkets. Which isn't a bad thing, because you can get it dirt cheap, but I'm always hoping to find something a little more rare and a lot thicker.

I'll only buy complete, sealed original packages, though--with bags of loose diapers, there's always a good chance the pack outlived its original owner. I just wouldn't feel right wearing someone's dead mother's diapers for pleasure.