LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Spouses That Have No Clue..... Does Yours?

so today is my birthday my wife went to best buy and spent $80.00 for assecories for her tablet..... she came home with a foot cleaning thing for my gift...... last year I bought her a $300 telescope that she wanted but has not used.... now i have never been gift centered and i dont care about how much someone spends on me but a foot cleaning thing? how would anyone think that is a good gift....now i have to fake being excited or she will cry becuase i dont like it..... who else has a spouse that has no idea what the other likes so badly that the bring home this?...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Easy-Feet-Foot-Scrubber/15939505

• Like 1

ok first off, i am sorry to hear that you guys don't know each other that well.... or that she doesn't know you..

but dude if you use the foot cleaning thing PLEASE tell us how it is.. i soooo want one! lol.....

also i'd say if she's never used the telescope, return it and use the money to buy someone you did want for your b day!

so today is my birthday my wife went to best buy and spent $80.00 for assecories for her tablet..... she came home with a foot cleaning thing for my gift...... last year I bought her a $300 telescope that she wanted but has not used.... now i have never been gift centered and i dont care about how much someone spends on me but a foot cleaning thing? how would anyone think that is a good gift....now i have to fake being excited or she will cry becuase i dont like it..... who else has a spouse that has no idea what the other likes so badly that the bring home this?...

http://www.walmart.c...rubber/15939505

I am not Married, however I do find this post a little ironic, because it seems to me like most of the time, it is the Female Spouse who is complaining about their Male Spouse who has no idea of what to get the Female for gifts etc.

Rockies Fan.

Well.

In my opinion, you shouldn't act like you enjoy it. You should tell her exactly what you think, and how you feel.

You should say that you would of liked a _______ instead because you really have been eyeing it.

Well I hear you but it really depends on what she thinks you would like-- for example I am always complaining my feet hurt and my wife surprised me with a foot cleaner with heat and vibration for massage! It wasn't expensive but it was a gift from the heart.

Next time let her know your interests-- for example when something I want to buy comes around sometimes I say to her.. "Well maybe I'll wait.. my birthdays coming up soon!" Sometimes you can get bad gifts out of desperation--like if she is running around looking and finally says to herself.."God I don't know what he wants! I'll just get this" If you let her know it can really work out to your advantage. As far as this gift goes, no sense in hurting her feelings now so try it out, enjoy it, and work on being clearer next time.

i have one now i dont count money that dont concern me really i always spend more on others. anyway i think it was christmas last year i got my wife a winter coat over 100 bucks and she wanted it but when i got my gift i got a pair of shorts and a t shirt which would be fine if they were brand name cause that can get pricey but they were from ROSS and they only totaled 12 buck together and i didnt like the shorts at all she took them back the shirt i didnt like but became a work shit. she dont buy good gifts but its the thought i guess.................

for someone who doesnt count money why remeber the coat was over $100 (pretty cheap for a coat actually) and your gift only $12?

what gets me is... how do you marry someone you know so little about?

and i say 'you' in the third person way referring to anyone in general... I mean i can understnad having a hard time thinking what to get someone because everything you think they would like/want they already have.. or because there are some things just unaffordable at the time...

but to seriously have no idea what someone really wants or likes or is into.....

but at any rate.. i always felt once you reach your 20's to never expect a gift for a birthday. My friends and I in college all understood none of us had a lot of money, and so gifts were never expected. Dating, i still never expected gifts...

my boyfriend and I don't really 'do gifts' for birthdays, sometimes we don't even do anything.... not because we don't care, but we are always doing things for each other, getting each other things, going out to dinner. throughout the year... i guess we see it is.. why wait for a birthday or holiday to get someone something you know they really want... just do it then and there and show them you care all year round....

she should know me well enough to know what would make me happy. it takes a few seconds to think of a gift if you know the person i never have issues getting her gifts... there just was no thought or consideration thats why i was disappointed.... I know she loves me and i love her but wow...

I hate getting gifts, I'd rather get nothing than have my spouse waste money on something I don't want or need. She on the other hand.....knows what she wants...and because I love her dearly...she usually gets it...and I purely enjoy being able to get her what she wants.

i wonder why some people dont think to get gift cards if they dont know what to get... as long its not long john silvers ....yada gift card everyone can always use a walmart/target/sears etc cards....

I love gift cards, especially to the book store..

i think for some, gift cards can be a 'i wanted/felt obligated' to get you a gift, but don't really know you so i got you a gift card' but if its to a fav. restaurant or to a store you know the person really likes, say vans, or zumies or the bookstore. it can actually show that you DO know the person...

Hmmm. Let's see. Married? And don't know what each other wants or likes? Has anyone heard about LISTENING and communication? And, putting a value on gifts given or received, not the sentiment? OMG. Talk about self-centered. Whatever. Great marriage...

• Like 3

LOL....some funny comments here.

FWIW...its not really about the gift or how much it costs...it truly is the thought that counts...

My wife says that I am tough to buy for....but that is because when I think about gifts I think about BIG gifts such as motorbikes or quads or cars or trucks....I never get any of that stuff but the day she surprises me with something like that it will be EPIC!!!

As for gifting on birthdays or christmas...I always make sure to make a big deal out of it for her. She didn't have too much growing up so I tend to go a little over board on days that hold special significance to her.....

As for Tcc's smartalec comments about your marriage...well it takes time to truly get to know someone. I've been happily married for 16 years and I've still got a long ways to go....

Well...did you TELL her what you wanted? I mean, not hint, not imply, I mean actually pull up a picture on the computer and say "Hey, if you want to get me a birthday gift I'll really enjoy, this is kinda awesome." Sometimes people really need to have something put two inches in front of their face to get it through their head, which may seem a little odd, but it IS the way to be sure you get what you want. I mean, you said she WANTED the telescope, so I am assuming she TOLD you that she wanted it. Seriously, if you want someone to know what you want as a gift, in life, in a friend, in marriage, in a dinner, on a date...you need to TELL THEM!!!!!!

That goes for BOTH parties in marriage.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted. Maybe next time you'll be able to make it clear enough to her what you want, and what sort of stuff you do NOT want, and get something that does not involve feet. :P

To be fair maybe you're wife doesn't really know what she wants either? If you bought her a telescope she was talking about and she never used it doesn't that seem like she thought it was something she'd love but after getting it wasn't really interested.

Hugs,

Freta

actually i did tell her what i wanted i said "make me something" i did not want her to spend much if any money i would have rather have recieved a piece of paper colored in crayons than something with out thought.... you may call me self centered and i figured people will view this post as if i am some temper tantrum person because i didnt get the gift i wanted and thats ok , i know that i put real thought and care in the gifts i give and just wished it was reciprocated....

but dude if you use the foot cleaning thing PLEASE tell us how it is.. i soooo want one! lol.....

it moves all over the place when you use it especially using the pumice stone.. so you have to hold it in place with one foot while you clean the other foot.. so you better have really good balance or use it sitting down.... my foot itched for while after using it so i would not recommend it. if you have full use of your extremities its just better to clean your foot the old fashioned way...but If you have mobility issues this might be handy....

I guess I am lucky as the wife and I both know what each other likes, so when it comes time to buy stuff for each other, we know exactly what the other would like.

For my birthday this year, she bought me a dirtbike I had been wanting for a couple years and been saving up for ( http://www.dirtrider.com/2010/kawasaki/klx/110/54759/05/index.html), and for her birthday I got her a brand new laptop that she had been drooling over for a few months and made sure it was fully upgraded to the max allowed on HP and had it shipped to my parents house so she would never know it was coming(like she did with my dirtbike, took it to my parents house).

Another year, I cleared out a shed on my property(an old shed that was built before I bought the house), and fixed up the roof and installed a couple windows along with a window AC, and turned it into a workspace for her to have her own shop.

it moves all over the place when you use it especially using the pumice stone.. so you have to hold it in place with one foot while you clean the other foot.. so you better have really good balance or use it sitting down.... my foot itched for while after using it so i would not recommend it. if you have full use of your extremities its just better to clean your foot the old fashioned way...but If you have mobility issues this might be handy....

Oh, that's sad. I actually thought it looked pretty cool. Too bad it doesn't actually work, that tends to make things considerably less cool.

Well, if you said you wanted something hand-made, she probably should have gotten you something handmade, period. I suggest you tell her than now...you might be able to play it like "I like the gift BUT I would rather have been given something made by you, something simple and really personal, that I can display proudly romanting mushy gushy lovery blah blah blah." Not making fun, I just hope you kinda get what I mean. Spin it as a positive somehow.

Good luck.