LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Pull-On Diapers

Until recently, I've been wearing RiteAid's "Protective Underwear" pull-on diapers (same as those sold by Walmart) pretty much 24/7. They fit me well, and in the heaviest absorbency, met my needs. However, they've changed the way those are made, and they no longer fit or protect like they used to -- I hate the new styles. So I've been looking for something else.

I definitely want to stay with pull-ons, as I do use the toilet when I can, and have to make a diaper last most of the day or night, but need some protection for minor leaks and my urge incontinence. Doing some research on the forums here, I decided to try Abena Abri-Flex pull-ons, and also Tranquility OverNight and DayTime pull-on styles. The Abena pull-ons seem to hold up a little better when wet, and have a higher waist for security. But the Tranquility pull-ons are very comfortable, and a lot like the old style RiteAid pull-ons (although heavier duty). Both the Tranquility and Abena pull-ons are MUCH more expensive, though, than what I had been paying for the RiteAid diapers.

So do you have any suggestions as to the best pull-ons? Are there other brands I should consider?

I also wear pull-ups. The Abri-Flex is the most absorbing. The Tranquility is OK, but not as good. Look for deals on Abri-Flex. The best price I have found is at ABUniverse, about $20/case less than others. Their new "AirPlus" seem better to me. An uncommon case where "improvements" actually are.

Until recently, I've been wearing RiteAid's "Protective Underwear" pull-on diapers (same as those sold by Walmart) pretty much 24/7. They fit me well, and in the heaviest absorbency, met my needs. However, they've changed the way those are made, and they no longer fit or protect like they used to -- I hate the new styles. So I've been looking for something else.

I see I'm not the only one upset about the changes in some of store brand products. The Assurance brand at Wall mart WAS a good product but they also have changed and not for the better. I was using the Rite Aid brand ordering from Drugstore.com but I guess your post is telling this is now on the don't waste your money list.

As mentioned the Tranquility and Abena pull-ons are good but a lot more expensive.

We can only hope the store brands go back to the old style soon.

last time I wore a pull on, it was as absorbent as a sheet of notebook paper. Underjams are more absorbent if you a petite person, which I am not. I will stick with full on diapers or my big boy pants. Hopefully the market for plastic back taped on briefs never completely goes away.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. Consensus seems to be the Abri-Flex is the best pull-on, and that pretty much matches my experience over the last two weeks.

I spent a week wearing Abena Abri-Flex every day, and then this past week I wore Tranquility -- OverNights some days, and DayTimes some days.

All are comfortable, especially the Abri-Flex with the higher waistline, although that presents its own challenges with show-through under some clothing.

But the Tranquility pull-ons didn't seem to hold up as well -- when wet, the stuffing would begin collapsing into the crotch of the diaper, especially the Tranquility OverNight version. That didn't happen as quickly with the Abri-Flex diapers.

The only problem so far with the Abri-Flex is that the side seams sometimes tear too easily -- twice I had them start to tear from the waist down when I was just putting them on the first time. It didn't create a big problem, but I had to learn to be more careful putting them on and pulling them up so the side seams didn't tear prematurely.

The Tranquility pull-ons are slightly cheaper than the Abri-Flex, but not enough so to influence my choice too much. I think I'll stick with the Abena Abri-Flex for now.

I have tried a few pullups, and most of them aren't worth much :P I havn't tried the Abenas yet, but they ar eon my list.

The ones I do use I have been very happy with, are the "protection plsu' extende wear / over nights. they seem to run a bit small (for me anyways) yet they hold a good amount and are comfortable. I bought a case of them (large) off "overstock.com" a while ago and got a pretty good deal :D

They are made by Mdeline, the same company that makes Molicare briefs (diapers) so they are of good quality. The company is also based here in teh USA, so you are buying an American product (for those who feel that is important)

they are available in many places, on the net..and are reasonable cost, and might be a good replacement for the ones you used before. I think you can get samples from XPmedical or magic medical or other on-line sellers.

Hope this helps ;)

The new "Air Plus" from Abri-Flex seem to tear less than the older ones. I am at the top of the Medfium range (41" waist) and the new ones tear less easily.

I like Goodnites the best. :) But I don't mind a Depend or Tena pullon every once in awhile.

For some reason, Pullups have a special place in my heart and especially in public, I prefer them.

I hear ABU might be doing an adult version of the Goodnite soon. :D

I've been wearing Depend for Men during the day, and I've been surprisingly pleased with them. They can't hold more than a single good wetting, but they're cheap, discreet and the padding comes up high enough.

I tried some Tranquility Overnights recently, and they seem much better suited to women than to men, in my opinion. The protection is mostly in the center and back, not in front.

Abena's are probably the best, but they're expensive and could provide better protection in the front as well.

I don't much wear pullups, but the Attends I've worn a bit and they aren't bad. For reasonable performance and dirt cheap price, you can't beat the WalMart Assurance/Sams Club Members Mark ones (these are the same item except Sams Club sells them in sacks of 60).

"Best" is a highly subjective term. What might be best for one person might not be best for another. For me, the best pull-on diapers are GoodNites. GoodNites fit me perfectly, they fit my price range perfectly, and they hold one wetting without a problem, which is all that I ask of them. I can wear them discreetly, and that's important when I'm wearing them out. I always wear "regular" underwear over my diaper anyway, so having a thin diaper like GoodNites is a plus for me. Although similar, UnderJams don't do what I need them to. The sides disintegrate while I'm wearing them, and they're cut too small for me to be comfortable in them. Of course, your mileage may very, but anyone whose read any of my posts will know that I absolutely love GoodNites. :)

"Best" is a highly subjective term. What might be best for one person might not be best for another. For me, the best pull-on diapers are GoodNites.

I'm a big baby, 50 inch waist, 6'5" tall, and wear extra large diapers, so I think that pretty much rules Goodnites out. Thanks to all the feedback here, I just got a case of the Abena Abri-Flex pull-ons, and they're definitely the best I've found so far for me.

The new "Air Plus" from Abri-Flex seem to tear less than the older ones. I am at the top of the Medfium range (41" waist) and the new ones tear less easily.

Yes, you're right! I just got a case of the XL-1 and they're almost TOO difficult to tear off.