LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Damn You Depend!

Needed to change in a hurry to go out so grabbed a sample bag of Depend Pull-ups and pulled it on. It was thick, stiff and fit me well. I couldn't believe it. I checked the bag to see what kind it was and found a coupon for $1.00 off the bag.

The coupon expired in 2006! Another example of how incontinence products keep going down hill. Today's Depend pull-ups are thin, flimsy and have weak elastic that sags and droops.

Can say the same thing for pretty much all products now days. I do it at a manufacturing plant, so i can get away with wearing xl tracksuit/warmup suits everyday. I wea the dry24/7's everyday and between how the suits fit, and how the nylon material covers the sound, you can't tell that i am wearing. Problem is, you can't seem to get those things to last more thann a few months anymore before the stitching in the zippers come apart. And yet, i have some that i purchased almost 20 years that i still wear all the time that still look like they are brand new.. Think manufacturers have taken the whole inherent obsolescence to heart.

Maybe its my body type but anything that is not a tape on diaper has never felt secure enough for me to have any confidence in.

I like depend briefs for anytime wear. And I like abena 4 for when I'm not going out or I know no one is going to pop over for a visit, and of course overnight.

Anondl

I only wear the Depends Max Protection. Never tried the pullups. But I have no issues with the Max Protections besides a leak here and there. But yeah they are thin and that does suck. Gotta get my hands on something better! :):whistling:

Anything not from online or from a medical supply store isn't going to hold even moderate stuff. All drug store products are good for is leaks, anything more and you are going to have wet pants.

Not even the tape on depends that I can't even seem to find on drug store shelves anymore are much good for anything else besides leaks.

I thought Walgreen's max absorbency diapers weren't too bad, till they went to that nasty cloth backing. :(

I agree with the comment on the Walgreens maximum protection- its what I wear, although I like the cloth backing because I can wear it out and about without being noisy.

I've also learned you can't depend on Depends. The pullups are okay for a few hours, or if your only going out briefly, like a quick trip to the grocery store. But embarrassing accidents- leaks- happen if you're going to be out all day in them.

I've begun wearing the Depend pull-ups during the day. I don't use them, but like having them as a back-up just in case. They're easy enough to pull down to use the urinal at work.

They're not great by any means, but they're cheap and they're better than "normal" underwear.

Another example of how incontinence products keep going down hill. Today's Depend pull-ups are thin, flimsy and have weak elastic that sags and droops.

I keep waiting for Brawny to enter the US adult incontinence market. I suspect they'd wipe the floor with Kimberly Clark.

i could reccomend the atn pull ups if you want diaperesque without having to worry about changing.

I tried them about two years ago, and the outer cover quickly seeped wetness (after one partial wetting). Has that problem been fixed?

I keep waiting for Brawny to enter the US adult incontinence market.
I can see it now...plaid "flannel like" outer shell, "Premium Performance" absorbency.

It's kinda too bad that almost all the non-mail-order brands are pathetic. For someone who might be self-conscious about their condition, savvy of the internet or aware of better products, there is little choice. Bad, or worse, or horrible. :P

I don't think pullups are anywhere near as comfy as regular diapers.

Depend Max Protection may be the worst of the plastic backed out there, but they're also the most accessible and probly the cheapest. Not everyone can afford the good diapers, y'know? And for those who don't often use them, it's usually not really worth the extra expense just to have something thicker.