LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Censorship

wasn't it happydiaperedcouple who joined and wanted to offer their advice on how to make relationships work with diapers involved?

yet suddenly they have devolved into an insult spouting creature?

i mean where was the compassionate member who wanted to help those out there struggling with relationship problems?

I love how this site censors topics and comments they may not agree with! How stupid!! Watch this will get deleted!! Don't post ur thoughts and feelings just post what is socially or politically correct! What a joke!!

I know exactly which post you're referring to....

I am not spouting insults! I am speaking truth! I have already had comments on my profile thanking me!! Sometimes reality is a hard thing to swallow. I don't know why u all want to go public with this! I really can't believe some of u get disappointed when it does go public and there is a bad reaction!! Duh!!!! Grown men in diapers is never going to be excepted! Oh and one more question!! Why are all the ab's on tv the worst possible example of the community. It's embarrassing to me! Time to be accountable people!!!!

Guest diaperboykcmo

I am not spouting insults! I am speaking truth! I have already had comments on my profile thanking me!! Sometimes reality is a hard thing to swallow. I don't know why u all want to go public with this! I really can't believe some of u get disappointed when it does go public and there is a bad reaction!! Duh!!!! Grown men in diapers is never going to be excepted! Oh and one more question!! Why are all the ab's on tv the worst possible example of the community. It's embarrassing to me! Time to be accountable people!!!!

Censorship is everywhere! If it's not your site, then you always have a chance of being censored. I'm not politically correct at all. I get negative scores all the time, people can't handle straight forwardness, or being blunt! I'm amazed how judgemental people can be! You all have this in common, yet people are always judging

I too stated how, they never get a fit attractive person to represent us. I remember watching one episode of Springer, this obesse guy was trying to fit into a swing and a walker. He broke both of them, and he looked like a fool!

Funny...I wouldn't have agreed with this post had I not JUST run across a "closed" topic. Sorry, I like your page and enjoy the community here, but that is a pretty lame thing to do. What kind of strategy is it to say you do something to calm people down when all it does is incite other people even more? If people can't deal with loud mouth opinionated folks, they probably shouldn't have the internet.

In lieu of getting my two cents back, just donate two cents to your favorite charity.

There is no such thing in free speech in a PRIVATELY OWNED forum!

If you want a sight with no censorship you are free to start and operate your own forum. If you let others join and you don't do some censorship it won't take very long for it to all got to hell in a hand basket.

I really find this incredible! but I think this has to serve as a REMINDER that this website is the property of the admin, who built it and maintains it out of his own pocket!

A REMINDER that WE are guests here, and he has made this site available to the general public / membership free of charge.

Yes there are those of us who contribute financially to help with expenses, but it IS NOT MANDATORY for membership to the site.

As such, the site belongs to it's creator and admin, and WE are all subject to his rules as members. The 'rules' are pretty simple (basically remain civil and play nice)and Mike (DD) tries very hard to be fair.

As he said in his referenced post, he seems to be more of a moderate, (as am I) those of us in the middle, who try to make things work by taking bits and pieces from either side to create a viable option, get R*E*A*L tired of all the loud voices trying to shout the other down and be heard. In reality its pretty stupid to shoot your mouth off in a place such as this and then complain when the comments get deleted or 'not posted' and start screaming 'censorship"

As guests of this site, regardless of contribution levels etc, it is still our duty to behave in a civil and "human" manner, and not allow ourselves to be dragged down to a base, animalistic level. :P

Sure, everyone wants to be heard, everyone has an opinion (either right or wrong), but it is HOW you express that opinion that is also important. This too is just 'my' opinion :P

I didn't read the offending post or thread, and frankly I don't care. I think O-blah-blah is an unqualified bum, and I don't know anything about Glen Beck, and I don't watch mainstream primetime TV news...as most of not all of it is mostly sensationalist TRIPE, and not worth watching. I get my news off the net, or if I have to watch TV news I choose another station like CNN or something more intelligent.

Bottom line here people....this is Mikes site, he built it, he moderates it, he owns it and runs it and it is his to do with as he pleases! THAT*IS*IT!

*When in Rome do as the Romans* DD tries to be respectful and balanced in his moderation of this site, but when push comes to shove, he will do what is necessary to keep the site from becoming what the cesspool that the DPF boards ultimately became, and for those of us who remember those days, I think we can be thankful for that.

As a parting note, I have been here since 2005, and like it :) but if you have issues with the site or how it is run, and think *Y*O*U* can do better, may I humbly suggest *Y*O*U* leave and go try to do better yourself on your own dime, and don't let the screen door hit you in the padded rear! :P

If that is unsatisfactory, then try behaving yourselves and be happy with what Mike has offered and continues to provide. That being a safe, open (yes OPEN) well maintained place for those of us with like minded interests to come and post messages, chat, and be able to express our common interests in this lifestyle, or fetish or obsession or what ever you want to call it.

Again, if you disagree, the net is a free place, and you can go.

But don't sit there in your armchair and try to tell the owner and admin how to run his own site...thats pretty damn rude, especially when you have nothing invested in either it's creation or maintenance, and you have access to it free of charge....

Really kind of silly now isn't it :P

For that matter, how did the whole "armchair" become a would be insult? Seems like it's a sort of refuge for people who post comments in public forums who can't stand others to point out faults in their comments. Anybody, feel free to accuse me of talking from my armchair if it makes you feel any better. It will do nothing to bolster my opinion of you though.

I just want to point out, mods "censoring" things and closing threads that weren't socially or politically correct is what pretty much killed adult participation over on ADISC. A lot of good active people left the site because the webmaster and his mod squad would silence any opposition to the way they thought things should be.

When you sign up here, you are asked to read this...

We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

...and only continue if you agree with it. There is no freedom of speech. This isn't a town hall, it's a privately owned website. We as users don't have *any* rights here *at all*.

I just want to point out, mods "censoring" things and closing threads that weren't socially or politically correct is what pretty much killed adult participation over on ADISC. A lot of good active people left the site because the webmaster and his mod squad would silence any opposition to the way they thought things should be.

Likewise, not moderating forums kills them just the same (from experience - because they inevitably become ranty, angry, cliquey and full of melodramatic infighting). Forum mods are almost always damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's impossible to ride the line between letting people express themselves and stopping things going too far without wobbling off it from time to time. At the end of the day, all you can do is trust your own personal judgement, then sit back, don the flame-proof suit and wait for the roasting to die down because there will *always* be people who vociferously disagree with what you do.

Despite how the three threads on censorship make it seem, there isn't widespread censorship here. I removed a total of 3 topics which were essentially the same. And here's why:

1. Abusing a member (Stanley) to make political points is a violation of our "no personal attacks" rule.

2. The threads had gone completely off-topic.

3. The threads had disintegrated into member-against-member name calling based on political beliefs - see "no personal attacks."

If people want to debate entitlement programs, politics and religion, we have a forum for that "The Rest of your Life - Anything Goes" and so long as it remains civil no mod will touch it.

• Like 1

You have to admit though...having members with differing opinions and views on subjects makes it much more interesting. How boring would this place be if we all agreed with each other and got along :whistling:

Having an open and honest debate is part of the spice of life and I really like it. Sure sometimes it goes off the rails and desinitgrates into mindless name calling but that is the price you have to pay sometimes for people to feel comfortable enough to express their true selves.

And yes...sometimes we need to put on our big boy underwear and big girl panties and suck it up when it seems like the whole DD populace is against you ;)

• Like 1

You have to admit though...having members with differing opinions and views on subjects makes it much more interesting. How boring would this place be if we all agreed with each other and got along :whistling:

Having an open and honest debate is part of the spice of life and I really like it. Sure sometimes it goes off the rails and desinitgrates into mindless name calling but that is the price you have to pay sometimes for people to feel comfortable enough to express their true selves.

And yes...sometimes we need to put on our big boy underwear and big girl panties and suck it up when it seems like the whole DD populace is against you ;)

I'm not sure if you got to read any of the content before it was removed, but at the point when it was deleted, none of it resembled "honest debate."

Despite how the three threads on censorship make it seem, there isn't widespread censorship here. I removed a total of 3 topics which were essentially the same. And here's why:

1. Abusing a member (Stanley) to make political points is a violation of our "no personal attacks" rule.

2. The threads had gone completely off-topic.

3. The threads had disintegrated into member-against-member name calling based on political beliefs - see "no personal attacks."

If people want to debate entitlement programs, politics and religion, we have a forum for that "The Rest of your Life - Anything Goes" and so long as it remains civil no mod will touch it.

1. When the subject of a television show just happens to be a member here I am not sure that should count as abusing a member. He put himself on tv, people want to discuss what they saw.

2. As far as I knew the thread was still discussing why people shouldn't put themselves out on tv-the problems Stanley was having with his disability and whether or not these problems were valid. All seems interrelated.

3. As for name calling, it seemed more like heated debate amongst adults.

I am all for censorship if something is truly damaging-like racist remarks or threats to a person's life- however a political discussion sparked from a television show in which an individual may or may not be abusing the social security system and happens to be a member here just seems like an expected topic especially:

1. Given the popularity and hype of this episode.

2. Given the attention the media has given to this episode post airing.

3. Given the strong convictions people have about government funds and how they are merited and appropriated.

1. When the subject of a television show just happens to be a member here I am not sure that should count as abusing a member. He put himself on tv, people want to discuss what they saw.

2. As far as I knew the thread was still discussing why people shouldn't put themselves out on tv-the problems Stanley was having with his disability and whether or not these problems were valid. All seems interrelated.

3. As for name calling, it seemed more like heated debate amongst adults.

I am all for censorship if something is truly damaging-like racist remarks or threats to a person's life- however a political discussion sparked from a television show in which an individual may or may not be abusing the social security system and happens to be a member here just seems like an expected topic especially:

LBG: Are we we referring to the same threads? Almost 60 percent of the remarks in the removed thread were calling Stanley a criminal, making fat jokes, and basically saying that he's a horrible person. Those are not "heated debate." Those are a witch hunt and insults for the sake of insult. That's not even including the people insulting each other over political leaning or whether they like or dislike certain TV personalities. There was nothing that could be considered "debate" going on here because people were simply insulting each other back and forth at the end of it. There was no hunt for facts in these threads and people who were actually discussing the issue were of three opinions:

1: Stanley is a criminal.

2: Stanley is innocent.

3: We don't have the facts.

Sadly, less than 30 percent of people in threads actually discussed any of those three possibilities, and less than 30 percent of those people were actually interested in the facts, making debate impossible.

1. Given the popularity and hype of this episode.

2. Given the attention the media has given to this episode post airing.

3. Given the strong convictions people have about government funds and how they are merited and appropriated.

The deleted threads departed entirely from these three subjects. If it had been civil discussion on those matters, perhaps they wouldn't have been deleted, but there was nothing "civil" about it.

I'm so glad I live the majority of my life in the real world and not online... Sheesh people get over it, if you don't like it go away or enjoy "real life" a bit more.

there is a world outside of the internet??

I'm so glad I live the majority of my life in the real world and not online... Sheesh people get over it, if you don't like it go away or enjoy "real life" a bit more.

You know, if you wanted people to "get over it," probably the worst thing you could have done is bump this thread. Just sayin'. It hadn't been bumped by a post in 8 days and was descending. It would eventually have faded away.

DD, I recommend strongly that you remove or reword you final message in the Stanley thread.

Your name calling in that post is the same sort of personal attack that you (rightfully) condemn in others.

Further, you should be setting a better example.

You know, if you wanted people to "get over it," probably the worst thing you could have done is bump this thread. Just sayin'. It hadn't been bumped by a post in 8 days and was descending. It would eventually have faded away.

I disagree! :-p