LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

You don't need any special methods to achieve cleanliness.

Regular soap and water is very effective.

The bladder care clinic where my urologist works from recommends patients who use catheters to wash them with soap and water and then air dry.

After fully dry, store in a clean ziplock bag.

Regular soap is the best method to achieve a good level of cleanliness.

It is safe and effective, and there is no danger of contributing to the creation of resistant organisms.

Anti-bacterial soaps are unnecessary, and are mostly a marketing gimmick.

Why replace something that worked well and has a proven long term track record, with a product that is largely untested and could very easily turn out to have serious unintended consequences.

Soap has contributed to hygiene more than anything else, it deserves more respect.

Not being disrespectful here, but where do you live? Botswana?

Probably the usa. There have been enough studies done here to show that constantly using antibacterial anything actually does more harm than good. Good old plain soap and water does more than you think, and when used properly will remove nearly all contaniments (including bacterial, even if its not actually killing it).

Not being disrespectful here, but where do you live? Botswana?

No!! I live in Canada.

The bladder care clinic is at a major university with a large teaching hospital.

The clinic is fairly new with the latest instruments and technology.

I just had a bunch of bladder tests and a cystoscopy there. Two hours in the clinic and then back to work. No adverse effects at all.

I did discover my outer sphincter is wide open though, when I think I'm squeezing it, nothing happens.

They are very good at what they do, I'll trust them to give safe and effective information.

The truth is most bacteria are benign or beneficial. Killing everything is wrong and shows a lack of understanding.

We all depend on many species of bacteria for survival, without them we could not be here.

Bacteria are nearly everywhere, when you use an antibacterial agent, you create a blank slate suitable for colonization. The new occupants may not be good guys.

Keep the good guys alive, when other bacteria try to invade, the current occupants go to war and they don't take prisoners.

Sterilization should be used carefully and sparingly, only where harmful bacteria are known to be.

Not only that but even antibacterial agents won't kill 100% of all bacteria. Even that .01% that's left will lead to more resistant bacteria, which will cause even worse infections that are near impossible to treat.

Also, getting exposed to more "bad" bacteria will help boost and train your immune system which promotes better health overall.

I just want to brag about how much I love wearing my stent at work. There is nothing like wetting uncontrollably in your diaper at your desk.

The same here. Meetings are very exciting too. You never know when you will get the chance to change your diaper.

Anyone here like to wear their stent without their diapers? I get daring sometime and put the stent in and go for a walk. I like to see how much control I really have. Most of the time I get a nice wet spot on the front of my shorts.

I did this sometimes. It always striked me how good it felt to be back in diapers again.

i got epididymitis about 4 days after spending three weeks wearing a catheter almost every night :-) it was awesome, i got to be a bedwetter for a little while, but having a giant painful swollen testicle was sooo not worth it. i haven't played with catheters since then :-(

i got epididymitis about 4 days after spending three weeks wearing a catheter almost every night :-) it was awesome, i got to be a bedwetter for a little while, but having a giant painful swollen testicle was sooo not worth it. i haven't played with catheters since then :-(

There is a big difference between using a single use item more than once on the same person, and using it on multiple patients.

The bladder care clinic I go to does recommend reuse of single use items, only on the same person.

The risk of problems with reuse on the same person is very small.

That would not be the case if the item was used on multiple people. In that case strict sanitation protocols must be followed, which includes disposal of all single use items after use or suspected contamination.

You are interpreting " single-use" in the wrong context.

In the medical field " single-use" refers to the fact the item cannot be sterilized for reuse on a different patient.

It does NOT mean the item cannot be physically reused in a CIC program.

Infection control protocols have been well developed over the past 50 yrs.

If you need proof, go to the Disease Control website, and read the info yourself.

@wetman In the quest for knowledge, wrong is just a step in the track of understanding. Besides, I'm not perfect and just having a discussion leads to points I may not have considered.

My main point is:

Plain soap and water is a very efficient and cost effective cleaner.

Once you remove a device from the package, it is no longer sterile.

So it's only sterile while it's still in the package.

While you are using the device it's not sterile.

But it has mostly only been exposed to stuff you already have.

Cleanliness is the key, as long as you take good steps to ensure biological life isn't transferred from the surrounding environment transferred into your body, the risk of infection is low.

The entire area you are working in needs to be clean as well.

Antibacterials can give a false sense of clean since they only work on the surface, any kind of buildup of crud can hide harmful life inside/under it.

An appliance that has been cleaned, dried and bagged, will not have any microbial growth.

You could also add one more step for peace of mind. Wash it again with soap and rinse before use.

@kevindhca:

I take it that you're a fan of Kierkegaard, but not of Plato; else you have bested me.

:huh:

I don't have a lot of knowledge about Kierkegaard or Plato, or any other philosopher. Thankfully there's Wikipedeia so I can look them up.

A brief read of their work, and I think you're right.

I am much more a fan of the real world. I do think about what's going on alot, but I also spend a lot of time building and repairing stuff too.

@Bettypoo I believe most of those warnings are about legal liability defense.

In court they would say, it was sterile when it left our factory, any contamination is someone else's fault.

The lawyers make sure all avenues are covered, even stuff that is so rare it almost never happens.

most important: Why the #'1$%! while I'm at the fuel station???

Sorry to come late to this party as a noobie, but if you are talking about the 24hr Tesco just off J9 M3 at Winnal then the answer is I have cursed that site for this very purpose.

Pretty much any catheter left in over night will have you constantly dribbling all night long. You can also expect to have an empty bladder when waking up (though getting up out of bed will naturally increase your blood pressure a little and therefore push more blood through your kidneys, making you pee more right after getting up).

The needle I use is thick enough to shut the urethra during insertion of the stent. The pee starts flowing after pulling out the needle.

Most of the times I do insertion when taking a shower. It was only for the video that I decided to do it sitting on a diaper. Insertion is way easier (faster) when I am in standing position.

So I was the one that made that custom order on custom made for a duplicate of austmos cath wand. I receive it back in October of 2012. I had fun with it the first day but I accidentally lost the retrieval string inside me. So I went to the er thinking a quick scope in my penis and I would have it out. That's what the doctor said anyway. 3 hours later I wake up with 18 staples and a catheter in. They had to cut my bladder open to retrieve the Stent. (they refused to return it. Dumb thing was solid silver too) so after 2 months healing i though I was done. Nope. Hernia at the surgery sight. So last month I finally had that repaired. Worst Hernia my doctor had ever seen. So I am finally almost better. I might have died either time under the knife. I was lucky. Please be careful.

Local listing from a guy selling 600- yes 600- caths. Don't know the details but he's not getting any interest so I can probably name my price and get them. Same guy earlier offered 20 of these, got him down to $10 but it was just too far to go for that few. If enough interest is here I might pass on some savings to our members. TBH, I'd like to try it once myself :blush: It may be that since I'm not recovering from surgery this time maybe it won't hurt so much ;)