LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

Any chance it was on a more forum-style board? I can think of a few forums where one might find such a topic. I've searched the Incont-Desires, Diaper Training, and Incontinence subforums at Fetlife but they're all practically empty.

>.< Find the perfect tool and no one can figure out where it came from. :P

EDIT: I might have found that post under Infantilism Extreme. Was it this one? https://fetlife.com/groups/17761/group_posts/2506105 I can't access that video to compare with the one on Xtube.

I certainly couldn't find it quickly, but then again I couldn't find a search that included post contents. I'd love to be able to buy one, although it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to mold a body-safe plastic or silicone to that sort of shape, the balloons are the hard part and if a simple bulge works well enough, then that'd simplify things a lot. I think platinum silicone might not work well, but a plastic might, especially one with a small amount of flex but not a lot. Hmm.

Remember that you would need a drain hole through the center of the device.... So it would be relatively thin wall construction. I would think that SS would be the only choice...

And on another note... The weirdest thing today.

I was in a local thrift store and found a packaged and sealed foley 16f catheter kit... for $1...

Can you go back to that thrift store and see if they might have some things I can use like better eyes, ears, and a newer back that doesn't hurt? :lol: JK of course.

I don't think it's illegal to buy things like this anywhere, but in some places there are laws which prohibit the selling or distribution of medical devices so keep that in mind should you decide to sell or distribute finds like this. I don't think any of us here much care about that, but being cautious never hurts :) Where I live it was legal for they guy who sold me my TENS unit to do that but nobody much cares about that particular item being sold this way since the harm potential through misuse is very small. Caths might be seen differently- just saying. Ive seen or heard of every conceivable thing being sold at storage auctions, thrift stores, flea markets (boot sales to the Brits) and yard sales, so keep your eyes open and you might find such bargains yourself- they're worth looking for and it can be a fun pursuit :girl_happy:

Now I'm off to see if I can find a new back and at least one better eye today- wish me luck! :roflmao:

Bettypooh

And something I have learned. An intermittent catheter does not slip out in my diaper... After the first day when I had the spasms and what not things have been ok... I think those problems were caused by me inserting the catheter too far. Wearing a catheter for a few hours until the diaper is soaked has been interesting. I even over did it and had a leakage problem. :whistling: I haven't tried overnite like this, but I want to...

And something I have learned. An intermittent catheter does not slip out in my diaper... After the first day when I had the spasms and what not things have been ok... I think those problems were caused by me inserting the catheter too far. Wearing a catheter for a few hours until the diaper is soaked has been interesting. I even over did it and had a leakage problem. :whistling: I haven't tried overnite like this, but I want to...

When it comes to sleeping with a cath in place draining into a diaper I can say with experice be pairpaired. I have tried it twice and woke to wet bet twice even using the heaviest diaper on the market with a booster.. of course the amoutn of fluids I drink has a lot to do with this too.

When it comes to sleeping with a cath in place draining into a diaper I can say with experice be pairpaired. I have tried it twice and woke to wet bet twice even using the heaviest diaper on the market with a booster.. of course the amoutn of fluids I drink has a lot to do with this too.

Somehow I was expecting that this would be the result... But I don't know till I try... B)

Yea, you'll need a really good diaper for overnight wetting (especially with a catheter). I usually limit how much I drink in the evening and still wake up soaked.

Somehow I was expecting that this would be the result... But I don't know till I try... B)

I've succeeded in keeping the bed dry even after drinking heavily (not necessarily alcohol) by doubling up on Bambinos. I cut inch or so long slits in multiple rows in the inner one and then put a second over the top. Boosters don't work for me at night. The problem isn't the absorbancy, it's that, uh, liquid, escapes at the sides where the diaper is taped. By doubling up, when it escapes the inner it gets trapped by the outer. Personally, I've never had a leak this way...

Actually I will be using cloth diapers with a baby diaper stuffer and plastic pants. I expect to become uncomfortable because of the wet diaper and wake up before I leak out and wet my bed...

I'm currently using a Swet catheter system. I've inserted the catheter, then pulled as much of the catheter outside of the body as possible. I clamp the catheter as close to the penis as possible and then cut the catheter above the clamp. In the small tube which inflates the balloon I place a sterized small plug which is tied off to fishing line. The fishing line is long to hang outside of the body and is double backed where I then "sew" it to the catheter, just above the clamp. This provides two systems for removal. Pulling the sewed line back outside of the body where I can then remove the plug, drain the balloon and remove the catheter. Or simply remove the plug at which point the catheter will slowly migrate out the body. The first method being the preferred method.

This leaves only a small, nearly invisible filament outside of the body and a nice and steady stream of urine flowing out. I choose not to provide a cutout hole closer to the balloon as unless I move around the catheter does not drain which is not what I want.

Seven hours in, let's see how this goes :)

What did you use for the plug?

For the record you are way to dareing for me, while I would love to cut the cath so short that only a sewing line was showing but with my luck the darn string would slip off and I would be off to the docs. Besides my cath time is limited to a day here and there. If I have several days to myself I may give it a try.

For the plug I used a very thin piece of plastic I had around the house. Lots of different metal fit as well, but I was hesitant to use metal.

Daring or stupid, both probably apply ;)

After one day and night I have to say it's just too irritating, for probably the same reasons Swet found. The catheter inside the body just rubs up against the urethra in an uncomfortable manner. It's back to the cut down by the balloon method for me.

The problem with the SWet design is, I think, the square cut end. If we could get that smoothly rounded or tapered, then I' sure it would have a good chance of working comfortably. The 'magnet-operated' stent mentioned earlier doesn't seem to cause these problems, so there must be a way...

Or we have to design a new stent from the ground up; I know that a lot of people are not comfortable using other materials than catheters to modify, but food grade plastic tubing might provide a reasonably low risk to start with. Proper disinfection could be achieved by chemical means like NaOCl solution and IPA.

Mechanical design is the pons asinorum (metaphorically) here; anyone with good KISS-style ideas?

Fire away!

Wetman, I agree completely, the rounded tip is a requirement for long term comfort. If the magnetic foley ever makes it to market then I'm sure it will be ideal. Getting a hold of one privately might be difficult however if it does make it to market.

A new stent would be awesome. I've also been reading on the use of rare earth magnets for stent removal and replacement... very cool!

Where does one obtain medical grade tubing?

Where does one obtain medical grade tubing?

I'll give alibaba a check later, might be useful.

My main problem is, that I have a family that does not know and does not need to know. So my ordering is somewhat restricted. Maybe someone not too far away living on his or her own can help out?

Has anyone managed to contact the guy who posted it? Aparently one Jørgen Austmo on facebook. Appears he's mainly into casting, but maybe with a side interest in diapers?

Wrote him on FB and the video site... got nothing back. I notice he has not responded to questions on the video page either.

I’ve addressed the issue of the cut end of the catheter by making plugs that incorporate both the ability to block the balloon inflation tube and the drainage tube. The plugs are made from appropriate diameter brass\bronze stock, silver soldered to make parallel rods. The plastic caps are from Home Depot and are normally used to cover the ends of metal rods.

The balloon inflation tube rod is slightly longer to make it easier to engage the tube openings one at a time. If one wishes to cut the catheter to the shortest length possible to allow retraction of the catheter into the urethra you will need to attach a line to the catheter. The caps are color coded to correspond to different catheter diameters and composition. Make sure the catheter tube is clamped securely before cutting the Y end of the catheter or you will deflate the retention balloon.

My personal experience using these plugs with the shortened catheter was not the most successful as even the slightest ridge between the catheter body and the cap caused irritation. For about 6 hours all was fantastic then I started to notice the irritation building until usually after about 12 hours I’d had enough. I’ve tried various materials including using the tip of another catheter, but nothing seemed satisfactory. So I’ve abandoned the effort, but use the caps in place of the zip-ties with the holed catheter technique.

See Post #173 for a view of the plug without the plastic cap.

Wrote him on FB and the video site... got nothing back. I notice he has not responded to questions on the video page either.

Yes, noticed that he's not replied to anyone on the video page, but he is active on facebook, so maybe we'll hear something. I do wonder about the video though, there is a cut just after he has the stent almost fully inserted, next frame it is gone. I wonder if it is a fake.

I've been thinking of this. Simplicity being the best design and I think I have an idea. If you consider the video a couple pages back where the guy insereted a custom made "stent", well why not do the same thing with a cheap catheter?

Take a typical "red rubber" catheter. Now add *something* just above the eyelet, and then a few inches further down. The first "bump" prevents the eyelet from leaving the bladder. The second "bump" prevents the stent from migrating into the catheter. See drawing below (not to scale of course).

The blue dots represent the material that would be added to the catheter, the "bump".

The catheter would be cut right at the back of the second bump. This would keep the back of the catheter smooth, instead of a hard cut end.

Challenges :

1. The obvious, sterlization. How to keep everything clean before insertation.

2. What material would the bumps be made out of? It would have to be non-toxic, and again sterile, or have the ability to become sterile.

3. Insertion? Probably with the help of another catheter pushing the modified stent down the urethra. A "sound" would also work.

4. Removal... the biggie. How to remove it when done? Fishing line? Or ... ?

Simplicity being the best design ...

:thumbsup:

2. What material would the bumps be made out of? It would have to be non-toxic, and again sterile, or have the ability to become sterile.

The bumps. Glueing on rubber wouldn't be so bad, but most catheters are actually PTFE-coated. That's the stuff that makes your frying pan not to stick to your fried eggs. ;) As its crucial that these bumps don't get lost, I'd rather not go this way.

Sterilisation is, I think, less of a problem than we think.

After washing off and rinsing the 'instrument' thoroughly, I would give it a bath in 'Milton' (Sodium Hypochloride, basically bleach) solution for an hour. Rinse with 70% Isopropanol and put in a likewise treated zip-lock baggie to store. Wear gloves treated the same way all through the procedure.

This should give a reasonable amount of disinfection, probably higher than your usual NHS hospital...

That's, of course, as always, just my own, non-professional, uninformed opinion based on personal random observation. I endorse none of this. Don't do it.

I'd be worried about using even cured silicone inside of me unless it was medically approved fro internal use. There's a lot of TG's who have become seriously ill or died because of silicones migrating to other places and by it poisoning their system :( I don't think that would happen here, but I'm not a doctor, only somebody who doesn't want to see anyone come to harm while they are trying to have fun in life ;) I do like a lot of the ideas here- they show a lot of thought :thumbsup: Not having one to experiment with, I wonder if the 'bumps' could be formed similar to glass blowing? If one were to use a clean rubber bulb to create the air pressure from the end that drains, then roll it around over a flame, this bump might be creatable without anything else involved and not adversely affecting sterility. How one would close off the hole on the side to allow air pressure to build without loss of sterility I don't know :huh: Just thinking out loud here, not bashing anyone B) I don't know how the tuning would react to those forces either. It is obvious that smoothness matters. For something that seems so simple there is some complexity here, and a lot of really good thought being shared as to the best way to achieve the goal of achieving the equal of bladder incontinence with the least amount of effort and the most minimal device :girl_happy:

Just reading this thread makes me feel like I'm sitting in the famed "Skunkworks" helping design something secret and wonderful on the same principles of simplicity and minimality. Y'all really ROCK! :groupwave:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I'd be worried about using even cured silicone inside of me unless it was medically approved fro internal use. There's a lot of TG's who have become seriously ill or died because of silicones migrating to other places and by it poisoning their system :( I don't think that would happen here, but I'm not a doctor, only somebody who doesn't want to see anyone come to harm while they are trying to have fun in life ;) I do like a lot of the ideas here- they show a lot of thought :thumbsup: Not having one to experiment with, I wonder if the 'bumps' could be formed similar to glass blowing? If one were to use a clean rubber bulb to create the air pressure from the end that drains, then roll it around over a flame, this bump might be creatable without anything else involved and not adversely affecting sterility. How one would close off the hole on the side to allow air pressure to build without loss of sterility I don't know :huh: Just thinking out loud here, not bashing anyone B) I don't know how the tuning would react to those forces either. It is obvious that smoothness matters. For something that seems so simple there is some complexity here, and a lot of really good thought being shared as to the best way to achieve the goal of achieving the equal of bladder incontinence with the least amount of effort and the most minimal device :girl_happy:

Just reading this thread makes me feel like I'm sitting in the famed "Skunkworks" helping design something secret and wonderful on the same principles of simplicity and minimality. Y'all really ROCK! :groupwave:

Bettypooh

Dear Bettypooh,

I think you are overcomplicating things by trying to start with a sterile item and modify it while keeping it sterile all through the process. The 'clean rubber bulb' for the 'glass blowing' style modification is certainly one of the things you can drop. Where do you get clean air to fill it with?

I'm not peeing on your parade here, just trying to put things onto a reasonable level of safe.

Oh, and while it is true, that people got seriously and even fatally ill due to silicon behaving badly, you should also mention that the majority of these cases had their boob jobs done in Thailand or Romania in the mid 90's, where you could walk into the hospital in the morning with $300 and out in the afternoon with C cups. Those were just marginally better than a tied-up freezer bag with old frying oil and the cleanliness standards mostly failed to hold up to a civil war field hospital.