LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Backpacking

Yeah so I like to go backpacking and canoeing sometimes which is all well and good but I also wet the bed most nights and wear diapers for it. Anyone been backpacking with diapers? Can you do it and not stink like pee the next day?

I'm mostly concerned because some of my trips require me to take public transportation before or after or even hitchhike back closer to home so I don't want to stink out anyone kind enough to pick me up. That sort of shit is exactly why I quit picking up hitchers.

Muito obrigado

you could always get a pack towel and plastic pants and jerry rig up a system. Pack towels are like the shamwow so they soak up a lot of liquid, and nobody would think twice about seeing it hanging up to dry. you could wash it every morning and leave it drying on your pack during your hike during the day.

If you bury them deep enough, they won't ever be found. Over time they degrade. It's possible a bear sniffs tem out if they are heavily soiled, but not likely. I have an appreciation for nature, I do! However it's just convenienet ot bury a dirty or used diaper in the dirt or under a heavy rock.

Um no. They actually don't. Absent air and UV light the plastic will live a good long time.

Burying poo is one thing, diapers are not. And certainly not just sticking it under a rock because you're too lazy and inconsiderate to pack out all your refuse.

It's onyl been done twice when I went backtracking in deep widerness alone while on vacation in the northern Smokey Mountains. I'm quite adept at trkking in the wilderness, and have only disposed of my diapers in the woods in remote areas that people don't go into. I also bury them in the gruond and then put rocks over them. I don't just lay rocks on top of them that's lazy! I bury them first. The rocks are heavy and serve as paperweights so that bear can't dig them up and eat them. I guess they serve as markers too. If you ever see a rock, there may be a diaper undeneath it.

Brownie, you're still wrong. Just because the place is isolated doesn't make it your personal landfill because you are a lazy environmental rapist.

Pack out your garbage including diapers and everything else you brought in with you with the exception of your excrement. That you can bury in appropriate manner and appropriate locations.

• Like 1

ok heres the deal, brownie supposedly made a post about burrying used diapers, when no one made a comment or the post disapeared he feels the need to post it again? why.... to get a rise....

probably has never backpacked/camped/burried diapers a day in his life.....

lets just recognize the trend and move on....

• Like 3

If you're willing to go to the trouble, there's nothing wrong with burying the innards of a used diaper - the plastic outside is what you want to take with you and dispose of properly. The fiber fill will degrade on its own - hell, the nitrogen will enrich the soil.

Of course, not everyone has the stomach to actually dismantle a used diaper in such a fashion...

It's onyl been done twice when I went backtracking in deep widerness alone while on vacation in the northern Smokey Mountains. I'm quite adept at trkking in the wilderness, and have only disposed of my diapers in the woods in remote areas that people don't go into. I also bury them in the gruond and then put rocks over them. I don't just lay rocks on top of them that's lazy! I bury them first. The rocks are heavy and serve as paperweights so that bear can't dig them up and eat them. I guess they serve as markers too. If you ever see a rock, there may be a diaper undeneath it.

Dude, just shut up already.

Rule #1 of the woods: if it isn't natural, you bring it in you take it out.

• Like 1

ok heres the deal, brownie supposedly made a post about burrying used diapers, when no one made a comment or the post disapeared he feels the need to post it again? why.... to get a rise....

I don't know about everybody else but I was responding to post #3 in this thread ;) The person you referred to earned the honour of making my ignored users list a while ago :lol:

Don't bury any plastic parts of the diaper in the woods.

The filler is made from wood fiber and sodium polyacrylate these water-holding crystals are used in potting soil for gardening, both will rapidly decompose.

But the plastic will not and if buried will last for years.

Take a bag to carry the plastic from the diaper out and bury the filler good.

I'm of the pack it in pack it out persuasion. \Wasting time digging deep holes to bury diapers seems like more work than packing it out especially when you consider it means you have to carry something to use as a shovel. Not to mention I tend to stick to alpine and subalpine areas which have little if any soil and are very fragile.

I like the idea about the Pack Towel, that's the best one and most innovative/ultralight friendly solution I have ever heard on this subject, definitely gonna try that.

So baby wipes are good enough to clean off the smell of pee are they? Cool. I have only used them at home and always assumed they left some ammonia or other unpleasant odours behind to be released when you start sweating.

Thanks a lot for your feedback people :)

No it turns out my original post never even got posted because my internet connection disconnected while I was in the process of posting. So while I thought it was posted, it wasn't at all. mY internet sucks.

I too notice that wetnmess...I mean diaperbrownie will often post something that changes what he posted earlier based on comments from others about his earlier posts. It's like he's now trying to change his comments and saying it didn't happen that way or it was something else. Probaby trying not to get banned again. If he thinks I and others are wrong about him, he should look at his reputation. You don't get that bad of a reputation without there being a reason for it!

• Like 2