LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is There A Doctor (Or Nurse) In The House?

Having a strange medical issue I wanted to get some ideas on from a Doc or nurse. I know "See your doctor" will be the first line, but would like to get an idea what to ask about and which of my docs I should go see.

You can PM or email me if you'd rather not out your profession on the board.

Worst I ever had from a doctor at a walk in clinic was "This isn't from some gay thing is it?" Blew my mind that he asked that, wasn't even sexual, just mentioned crotch. He was 'liberated' from his employment two weeks later when I went for a follow up.

My worst was a doctor who claimed I would get less ear infections if I lost some weight. I new gravity was powerful, but damn!

Nothing kinky or freaky with my current question, just something strange that I don't know if I should be worried about or not.

IM not a doctor or a nurse but im an EMT send me a PM if you want

Think I figured it out and made an appointment for next Wednesday to discuss it, but you can give your thoughts since you replied openly:

Been having random adrenaline rushes, heart racing, kinda dizzy, etc... Interwebs says its anxiety attacks which I do get, those these seem "different" Made an appointment to see if there something I can take other than Xanax (which leaves me to 'drugged") to help with them. Is a lot of stress here right now with all the work going on.

The worst that i have ever had from a nurse was, the chest pain i was getting was indigestion, thirty mins later i was admitted to the hospital with a heart attack, trust them no thanks.

They are fairly good about that in my area. You come in with chest pain and you're getting admitted for tests.

I'm not a doctor, but I played one in a play once :P

Going back to another thread, "no more sugar" I'm wondering how much of what you are experiencing has to do with your diet. I know of your love affair with "snapple' beverages, which 'supposedly' are made with all "good stuff" but I'm wondering what would happen if you changed your diet, and got rid of as much "Stuff" like that as possible. Cut out all refined sugars, processed foods drink more 'real' water and natural juices and fresh foods (home cooked) and maybe take some diet supplements to help in the vitamin and mineral element.

What you have may just be an allergic reaction to something. To much sugar and caffeine causing symptoms of 'anxiety" might be yor body's way of saying "ENOUGH"

It could also be environmental as well, with all the construction, which could be messing up your sleep or this is something to do with the recent discovery of mold in the structure, which was recently removed, but there could still be spores from it being disturbed etc.

Just some thoughts.

get better and I hope the Dr. (a real one) has some good advice.

You could also look up Dr.House and see what he comes up with :P ......great way to get on TV

it could also be an irregularly occuring heart beat... often this is nothing to be alarmed about.. many people have recurring arrhythmias that cause momentary dizziness and racing heart feeling.... Just because you have panic attacks, do not hesitate to contact your PCP to address these concerns.... As said, it is not always a serious condition, but its definitely something you would want to know about.... and also.... until you know for sure... please limit exposure to heights, ladders, anything like that.... also if they are too impairing perhaps easing off any driving or operating of heavy machinery until you speak with ur doctor!!!!!

ativan is very strong... like up to 50x stronger than xanax... it is not something to jump to lightly..... talk to your doctor obviously, but its definitely a good reason to make a visit to the ole doc... also something else it could be a side effect OF the xanax!!!!

First thing I would check is if your medication has changed, cause to me, your symptoms seem to be a side effect from medication.

Secondly, stress can manifest itself in some curious ways on the body. I suggest, that unless asked specifically by your doctor about stress, don't mention it. I have seen many cases being dismissed incorrectly as stress.

Also, just cause you asked for it .... go see your doctor :P

Weird... I always thought Ativan was the weak benzo... nothing happens if I take it, even 2-3 mg at once, but if I take Xanax 1.5 mg knocks me on my butt sawing logs in an hour. A few years back in the hospital they gave me a big dose of Ativan in an IV when I was admitted because they thought at first my sudden neurologic tremor and stutter symptoms and dizziness were a panic attack. That time it did something! OMG it made it 10 times worse! I began hallucinating on top of the extreme vertigo and the room began spinning even more. There was no up or down. I nearly threw up on a nurse. Turns out even though I wasn't underweight according to the BMI charts, my body said and showed otherwise and the other psych meds I was on were overtaxing my system on top of an infection. They apologized to me bigtime for not believing me that it wasn't a panic attack! Another benzo Klonopin works on me, a bit too well. It makes me drag for 12 hours, which is why I ended up trying Ativan in the first place. Be careful with all of them, later on I developed serious muscle tics during long term Xanax use that took months to ease up after discontinuing it. I was still well within safe dose range for my body weight (which went back up to normal a bit after my hospitalization. I'd been dizzy so long I hadn't realized how it had killed my appetite)but taking it for two years caused some moderately serious problems. Thankfully they were mostly reversible. Hope you get your issue resolved quickly and that it's no big thing. Incidentally, I get similar symptoms to panic attack when my blood sugar drops suddenly. Sometimes if I'm not feeling well already then I can't tell the difference. I keep a glucose meter with me so I know whether to eat or just chill out. Docs have a lot harder time figuring out low sugar than they do high sugars... I had to keep daily glucose level and food intake logs for several months for them to confirm it and figure out that it's the reactive type. Refined carbs do it to me bad. For me it's genetic... my dad and sister are the same way.

Enough of my rambling.... I should really not post when I haven't had enough sleep lol. Get better soon!

-Little Faerie

Been having random adrenaline rushes, heart racing, kinda dizzy,

I have those from not eating enough carbs with my diabetes meds.

But i also had them but less often years ago long before i became a diabetic,

The symptoms sound like Hypoglycemia.

your bodies defence for low blood sugar is to release adrenaline.

Rapid heart beat and feeling dizzy goes with a hypoglycemic attack. So does anxiety.

http://www.gicare.com/diets/hypoglycemia.aspx

Some place here it was said you gave up sugar.

and you are taking meds.

Type in the name of each your medications along with the words low blood sugar.

I started having daily hypoglycemic attacks after a doctor gave me Salsalate for inflamation.

http://health.top54u.com/post/Salsalate-Promises-in-Treating-Type-2-Diabetes.aspx

My doctor had given me this plus i was already taking Metformin and just started Glipizide the same day.

plus i have been on a low carb diet since years before my diabetes started.

and yes i have been a EMT for over 30 years and have seen this many times.

Oh no, I didn't give up sugar, I loves sugar :)

Crashed yesterday had to sleep from 2pm until 9 this morning without only 2-3 brief wakeful moments to drink/eat. Feeling better today.

Seeing my good Doc Wednesday, will take all these ideas with me to discuss which it could be.

One note: A couple people seem to have gotten the idea I am a pill-popper. Not the case. In the last week I have taken 3 Xanax when it was really needed. My shrink was giving me 100 a month, I made him cut it back because I got tired of flushing nearly full bottles when the scrips expired (only 6months on Schedule IV drugs in US)