LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best "Less Thick" Diaper?

Just wondering - outside of the super thick diapers like Abena Abri-Form M4, Secure-Care X-Plus, Tranquility ATNs, etc etc etc...

What's the best diaper that is hardly noticeable under normal-fitting clothing (not loose, not baggy)? What's the best of the next tier down? I'm not thinking of something like Depends which only catches the occasional dribble... But how are the Abena M3 or M2? What about other brands? I want something that can handle a modest wetting, and might need to be changed every hour or two, if that's possible.

Any advice?

Just wondering - outside of the super thick diapers like Abena Abri-Form M4, Secure-Care X-Plus, Tranquility ATNs, etc etc etc...

What's the best diaper that is hardly noticeable under normal-fitting clothing (not loose, not baggy)? What's the best of the next tier down? I'm not thinking of something like Depends which only catches the occasional dribble... But how are the Abena M3 or M2? What about other brands? I want something that can handle a modest wetting, and might need to be changed every hour or two, if that's possible.

Any advice?

try Tranquility SlimLine

For discreetness I go with Bambino Bianco or Active Ultra. They aren't cut as large as Abeana or Molicares, so they are more form fitting while still quite absorbent. All the padding is centered in the brief so the thickness is just between your legs which any loose-fit pants easily mask.

During the day, when I need more capacity than a slip-in disposable pad, I wear Attends Breathable Extra Capacity Small.

These provide me at least 5 hours of capacity, which is the longest I ever remain in a diaper. Breathable have excellent tabs which I can reposition many times if necessary. They are quiet and discreet.

It depends on what you are looking for. If discretion is important (ie no noise), then I agree with Angela - the Attends Breathable Extra absorbant are very good. I buy these at Kerr Drug here in NC.

If you want thin, but don't mind serious crinkle noise, then the Attends 6 tape with waistband are nice and crinkly.

I also like Tena Ultra and Tena Stretch (but expensive).

Lately I have been enjoying "not the best" disposable off brand diapers by combining cloth and disposables with plastic pants.

I lay out a 36x36 birdseye single layer diaper and open and place my disposable on that, then add a "bridge" cloth prefold into the crotch of the disposable so that a heavy flooding is caught by the cloth diaper and spread all over the disposable, front and back.

I tape on the disposable with the prefold in the crotch and then pin on the birdseye diaper over the disposable. Finally, I put on some snug plastic pants.

I've worn this combination out all over in public under tight jeans and it just doesn't show. I get uncomfortable after several good wettings and feel wet but when changing myself I find the birdseye is still dry. so I know the disposable with the "bridge" prefold diapers is working most excellent!

I guess the best part is that I'm not using just the front of the disposable diaper before it leaks and I have to change. Getting my full $0.50 diaper's worth!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Just a couple clarifications -

You guys were right about the ATNs, they are less thick; I can use them in this role, maybe. They're a lot better than goodnites (my next alternative)

Usually I wear jeans that seem to be the diaper wearer's best friend - nobody at work has noticed any of the "thick" (M4, Molis, etc) diapers I wear under it. They also handle leaks quite well, being as they are quite dark, and with a varied darkness pattern... wet spots just aren't that visible.

That said there are situations (most notably the gym) where I wear shorts, or for instance I was interviewing and wearing a suit with tighter pants. I don't usually wear anything form fitting, but I do need an alternative. From the conversation I might go for M3s.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Tranquility Slimline (both the new breathable and the plastic backed), but frankly, for everyday use, at $20 for a box of 48 or so, the Sam's Club Member's Mark briefs are pretty good. They have the cloth backing which means you can reset the tapes if you choose to not use the diaper, and they're pretty absorbant and not bulky at all. Wal*Mart also sells the identical brief under the Assurance brand.

Before I tried bambinos and some other brands, I was looking for something a bit less bulky than the Molicare super plus' I was using. I tried the Molicare supers, which are not as thick or bulky as the top of the line Super plus',and they work very well. A trimmer fit, yet hold up well to flods etc, and can handle a lot. The down side, as with the super pluses is the %$#@! tapes :angry: but, I wear mens briefs over them for support and they hold everything together nicely *shrug*

As mentioned above, it seems that the "next step down in "XYZ" brands work well. Abena and Molicare and others brands that have multiple products for different levels of protection, have items that work very well, at a cheaper price. The abena Supers and molicare supers etc all are great products, and work well, with less bulk and lower cost / brief. I hadn't tried the Abenas, but I find that both Bambino Teddys, biancos and secure Xplus work well for me and are basically undetectable under my black jeans. I also have worn wellness briefs as well with out issue.

So there are a lot of good 'lower end' products that work well and do the job and are discreet and are readily available! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...