LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheters?

Before I start, I don't need anyone to tell me that this can be dangerous. If I do it, I plan on doing it only with trained medical professionals.

Lately I have been wanting to use a catheter to become temporarily incontinent. Has anyone else ever thought about it, or even done it?

I had a catheter after surgery.

Don't do it. Just don't. Getting it in hurts. Like. Fuck. Move a milimeter too far, or knock it slightly, and it hurts. Like. Fuck. Having it taken out hurts. Like. Fuck.

I get shivers when I even hear the damn things mentioned.

Hi Tara I did catheters for a just over a year. Cath is not all that hard but there is a proper procedure to do it right. There is the kind you leave in and its hooked up to a leg bag or the other type you use to drain your bladder then remove and dispose of the cath. Biggest problem I always had was urinary tract infections after a while the doctor put me back into diapers. When you say use a cath to become incontinent I assume you mean to leave the cath inserted so you constantly drain out your bladder??

I heard it hurts way more for a guy. Think about it, girls don't have as far for it to go in, and we're naturally lubricated.

I've used a self cath before, but I want to be able to have a Foley cath in and just let it drip in a diaper.

Been there, done that got the infections.

Yeah they hurt going in, even more comming out.

I find they are not as exciting or stimulating as just wetting normally.

Draining into diapers is almost guaranteed to give you an infection, as I said been there done that, infections hurt a lot and make you feel like shit.

I heard it hurts way more for a guy. Think about it, girls don't have as far for it to go in, and we're naturally lubricated.

I've used a self cath before, but I want to be able to have a Foley cath in and just let it drip in a diaper.

Done that. You may want to take a look at my cath journals in the true stories section. There's a lot there from what I learned during the 7 month process- its all true and accurate. My biggest suggestion is to drink a lot of cranberry to keep the infection at bay. I didn't get one the entire time.

Use catheter is discomfortable and take out feel of dripping. I use home made stent with string for removing (pulling) it out.

To prevent UTI before every use I clean it in alcohol and leave it inside max five days. If in place I'm totally incontinent, permanently dripping and must wear diaper without pause. It is beautiful experience and after many uses there is no UTI to today.

if you do it properly the risk of infection is minimal i use a 12-14 fr my self and gone up to 2 weeks and bounced between draining into my diaper and using a belly bag

I've been using caths for about 4 months now and haven't had any real problems. The longest I've gone continuously is 6 days and it was great - to experience absolute lack of control was amazing (as opposed to sporadic on-off control).

As Steve says, do it properly, i.e. keep things clean, use a good lube, and don't rush. Get a latex cath unless you are allergic as 100% silicon are (as I discovered) much more painful to insert as they're not soft or flexible like latex is. I use a 14fr and it's very easy to insert (and gets easier) and now I don't even notice when it's there, I just enjoy the feeling of my nappy getting wet at totally unpredictable times. Another good thing, with disposables, is that because the flow is a very gentle dribble, you get much better absorbency and use - abriforms are especially good for this.

For anything longer than a few minutes you need to get a foley cath, i.e. one with a balloon to hold it in place; otherwise the cath is naturally pushed out of the bladder by the body and ceases to work ...

Well as a male who has had one in before,all i can add here is that if it is done correct then it should not hurt going in at all.

Yes you do feel it when it comes out,but it is only for a few seconds and is not that painfull,yes they can be great things to have if you do not want to be in a diaper all the time.

It's a pretty great experience but it does have it's drawbacks at first. The first hour or so of having one in will leave you wanting to rip it out as your bladder spasms and tries to push out the foreign object but eventually that just goes to a dull, numbing feeling and after that, IT'S WONDERFUL!!! Nothing like temporary true incontinence and the thought process behind it. "Better change my diaper", "let me see how wet I am", "I need diapers". All wonderful thoughts and the best part, when you're done, remove cath and restore continence. I drink plenty of fluids to keep things flowing and more frequent changes. :P It's amazing how differently a diaper operates when it's a slow leak versus peeing in intervals. I've noticed they work much more effective and seem to hold more. Try it out but watch for signs of infection then stop and analyze what you need to do and don't wait too long. I've had them in for a couple days without issue. It's fun to wake up soaked! I use a 14Fr too.

I use home made stent with string for removing (pulling) it out.

I've tried making a home made short catheter with string attached and couldn't get it to insert correctly. What materials and methods are you using, and what are you using to insert it with?

FYI, I tried using fish tank tubing. Melted it with a candle to soften the edges and form "bubbles" in it to help keep it in place. String was laced through another length of tubing so that (I had hoped) the tube would pull out leaving the short catheter and string in place. Didn't work well. :(

I've tried making a home made short catheter with string attached and couldn't get it to insert correctly. What materials and methods are you using, and what are you using to insert it with?

My homemade stent is in shape of spring with string. Is spun with plastic coated Cu wire from ethernet cable. Insert it with intruducer and pull out with string. Stent is firmly held in place by sphincters. For proper placement you must experiment, I done it and paint marks on introducer. Take care to fine turn wire ends back into spring's inside to prevent urethra bruising. Also notice string loop and knot on both spring ends to prevent lenghten spring at withdrawal. Front end is narrowed for easier introduction and as stop for introducer. Real outer diameter is 5.6mm and length 80mm.

It works for me, but i am not responsible in any way for make and use stent by anybody other!

post-23496-0-57371800-1296720982_thumb.j

post-23496-0-57371800-1296720982_thumb.j

My homemade stent is in shape of spring with string. Is spun with plastic coated Cu wire from ethernet cable. Insert it with intruducer and pull out with string. Stent is firmly held in place by sphincters. For proper placement you must experiment, I done it and paint marks on introducer. Take care to fine turn wire ends back into spring's inside to prevent urethra bruising. Also notice string loop and knot on both spring ends to prevent lenghten spring at withdrawal. Front end is narrowed for easier introduction and as stop for introducer. Real outer diameter is 5.6mm and length 80mm.

It works for me, but i am not responsible in any way for make and use stent by anybody other!

hi i have made and used stents i used tubing from nasal cannula and a hot glue gun i would start with about 4-5 in of tubing and with the glue gun fasion a ballsp on one end and a bell shape on the outher the bell shape would enter the sphincters fairly eisely but not come out buy itself i used the ball end to push it into place just pressing on my member behind the ball till pee flowed from my member w/o control once it was in place i felt little or no discomfort and pee flowed with no control. when i wanted to remove the stent i would press my member back of the ball on my stent and work it out.when i was dooing this i only had lousy cvs or depends diapers so trying to stay dry was next to imposible.

One word of warning about home made stents and caths... I have tried various designs myself - One of which I "lost"... It went into my bladder and I could not get it out!

It was VERY embarassing to call around to several doctors' offices, until I found one who would see me. Then I had to go to his office, where he stuck a scope (With a retrevial tool attachment) up my willy to get it out. Oh, and this does go into your medical record too...

Just saying "Be Careful" if you mess around with things like this...

I am a girl, so I'm sure my experience will be different than all you with a penis.

I'm trying to track down a couple Foley caths, so if anyone has some they would be willing to send me, for free or I could reimburse you a small amount, please let me know. :D

i have also been wanting to try this and yes i too know the risks and my wife is in school to be a nurse and i wasnt going to try it untill she has had plenty of practice with this. but my question is this, how do you determine what size you need and does anyone know if you need a rx in IL

You don't really need an Rx to buy catheters. Amazon sells them all starting around $2.00 per silicone coated latex catheter (plus shipping of course). A quick search for foley catheter xxfr 5cc will get you a lot of results (where xx is the diameter size you need, and 5cc is the balloon size). As for the diameter size, most people will probably be ok with around a 18 or 20fr or so but that's just a guess based on my own experience (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_catheter_scale). Stores seem to mostly stock even number sizes from 14 to 28 though. You don't want to go too small or the catheter will move and rub too much. Too big and you'll stretch too much in there (external sphincter included ;) ). The length is pretty standard at 16" which will accommodate most anyone.

Again, I can't stress enough if you keep clean, use a water based lube (anal ease is easy to get and numbs the area too), drink lots of cranberry juice and water, and change often you'll be just fine. I went 7 months of straight catheter use draining directly into my diaper and didn't get an infection. I'm not sure why so many people think it's an automatic given. Besides if you do get one doctors can prescribe this thing called an antibiotic to clear you back up.

Personally I don't think so. I've had them put in by nurses and they tend to be a little rough (though not on purpose). When doing it my self I can slow down or stop for a second if it starts to hurt too much. If you wash your hands and use a good water based lube it really won't really matter who is doing it either. In is in, and out is out- it's not that complicated.

Guest waslost1234abc

best place to find them is on amazon.com just search for foley catheter. as far as know which size to use, you will just have to experiment. if its too big you will know because it wont go in and if you force it you will cause potential urethal tearing. if its too small it will go in but you will leak around the cath.....i only know all this because i have had countless procdeures where i had to be cathed...

many online stores will sell with out a prescription. its the ones you see on tv who are in the medical supply business who will only sell to you if you have insurance and have them precribed.

its because they make a killing off billing medicare and other gov insurance programs...