LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

*Going To The Doctors*

ok, so this is my first post. now i know ive seen similar posts/threads about going to the doctors in diapers. but i figured my question was different. so please dont freak out on me about starting a new thread.... thank you

i would like to know how many of us actually have/do wear diapers to the doctors?

i wear diapers to the doctors every time i go. i must because of my incontinence. this question came to my mind because i went to the doctor today.

i had an appointment today because ive been having trouble with my back. anyway i get to the doctor and the nurse directs me into the room to wait for the doc. few minutes pass and she knocks, she claims my regular doctor is busy, would i mind if the other doctor came in and started the appointment. reluctantly i told her yes. so after he comes in and does all the questioning and normal check up, he asks me to strip down to my boxers. and he will step out while i change into the gown. this is where i start to get nervous. i have never had this doctor before, he doesent know i am incontinent. 2 minutes later he knocks and steps back in the room. i am sitting on the bench with the gown covering everything!! step down there off the bench he said. instantly he has this shocked look in his face. "oh, are you incontinent?" he claims. i stuttered and said yes. its not everyday someone sees you in your diaper i told him. i was a little nervous at this point. he told me to relax, he just didnt know. not another word was said about my diaper.

so after my ordeal, while im checking out, the nurse came out of the door and handed me a small bag, i told her thanks. i didnt look in it at the counter but when i walked out the door i opened the bag. Geez... they gave me samples of diapers. how embarrassing, now i wear diapers everyday but i have never been seen in "public" and especially never been given samples by someone.

I'm not incontinent so I can't say how I'd feel in this situation. I want to say that you shouldn't be embarassed by a physical need - especially in the office of a physician. I need eye glasses for both reading and distance vision. There is no societal taboo on that, but I would hope I could overcome embarassment over having to use diapers - even though it certainly does seem there is a societal taboo on wearing diapers.

I can live with the issue that my diaper wearing is for emotional (mental, if you want to say that) reasons rather than physical - because of the taboo on diapers, yes I'd be embarassed. I narrowly avoided facing up to wearing diapers when I had to see my dr for a rash a few years ago. He explained it away himself and I didn't have to admit that I'd been wearing.

Yes, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I NEED to wear diapers but I'm a bad liar and because of that could not get away with a simple 'Yes, I wear diapers. I need them.' I couldn't pull it off.

This is all to say that I feel very bad for those who are incontinent and are made to feel embarassed about needing diapers. This just isn't fair. Maybe eventually we'll get to a point where it is more accepted. On the other hand, we are still a racist society, woman are still not 'equal' and gays are still not accepted as (I feel) they should. What makes us think that what is for some of us a fetish or kink will suddenly become socially acceptable.

Hope I haven't turned this topic too far from what you intended...as to that, clearly - no, I have NOT worn diapers to my doctor's office.

• Like 1

Seems as if the doctor realized that his surprise had somehow upset you and the free samples were to make you feel better (like the lollipop).

I get free samples sometimes too, and I know it's because the doctor's office is given lots of samples to pass out and storage space becomes valuable and your visit was maybe an opportunity to get rid of some clutter.

i saw the neurosurgeon last week for my bad back and knew he would likely want to examine me (quite thoroughly) so I did not wear a diaper. No big deal.

I saw the dermatologist for my annual while thickly diapered (long trip to-from) and was asked to strip for a "full body" evaluation. Didn't happen. Next time, OK.

I hope you view your experience with a sense of humor.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• Like 1

I've been incon for over 20 years, and have never been given any diaper samples. I don't see how the doc wouldn't know you were incon. I would "assume" the doc would have read a little about your medical history before entering the room. Maybe he over looked that part. It's not big deal for medical ppl to see ppl in diapers. There have been a few times when I was having X-Rays, done and X-Ray tech saw I was weraing a diaper.......again, no big deal these ppl see this sort of thing all the time. The longer you are incon the more you get use to this sorta of thing happening. However, I am upset that you got free samples and after all these years, I have never received any free diaper samples from the doc. Who do I talk to about getting some free samples?

kinda odd though the doctor hadnt glanced at you medical to see the incontinence listed but hey dont complain about free diapers!!!

i can understand your being uncomfortable but remember a doctor has seen it all done it all and he may have been just embarassed by not being aware of you incontinence but again woohoo free diapers!!!

• Like 1

kinda odd though the doctor hadnt glanced at you medical to see the incontinence listed but hey dont complain about free diapers!!!

i can understand your being uncomfortable but remember a doctor has seen it all done it all and he may have been just embarassed by not being aware of you incontinence but again woohoo free diapers!!!

At one point I was in the gastroenterologist's office...had been having some problem with gut pain...I got the impression that MOST of the patients were diapered..there were underpads all over the place...so in that context, it's dead normal to be diapered.

I can hold it long enough to do a Doctor's visit :) If it gets to where I can't then I'll wear and we'll discuss my issues at that time B) Being TG and needing his approval for a number of things I can't risk the relationship I've built with him :( Finding another doctor that would handle that part of my life would be a huge task :huh: There's only one other in this area that I know of, and all he's good for is scripping 'mones, he doesn't do real doctoring for the TG's that see him :angry2: Were it not for my TG issue I wouldn't care :P

Bettypooh

Having a couple members of my immediate family working as either doctors or in the medical field I can tell you with certainty that they see far more bizarre stuff in their daily lives than some dude getting a checkup in a diaper. Take solace in the fact that they will only tell people about you if the story is WAY more juicy than just "I saw a patient that was wearing diapers today", and even then they won't tell anyone your name or personal details. The stories that they do blab about are much more hilarious/disgusting like "The 14 foot tapeworm", "Sweet Jesus that's a lot of Smegma", and "Crackhead thought this barbie doll would make a great dildo".

I have not worn to the Doc yet; maybe 1 day. A new Doc may look over facts for that visit & your icon. may not have been on there or over looked. I thought of wearing before but chickened out.:blush: You got free diapers & the Doc learned to asks the nurse next time seeing a new person. Win win on both sides!!!:D

Never worn because for 1 the Med staff I see are VERY good and VERY professional. I can tell you with great confidence that in medical buildings I work in, on floors where they see patients for any reason, in their storage/supply closets they always have diapers and/or pullups, tampons, and pads.

TG and needing his approval for a number of things I can't risk the relationship I've built with him :( Finding another doctor that would handle that part of my life would be a huge task :huh: There's only one other in this area that I know of, and all he's good for is scripping 'mones, he doesn't do real doctoring for the TG's that see him :angry2: Were it not for my TG issue I wouldn't care :P

Ok all of the sudden out of nowhere I became curious. Since it isn't the same as being TS, do you use the women's restrooms then or..?

I've been incontinent for many years, have a variety of medical problems, and have worn a diaper to a great many medical appointments. When seeing a doctor whom I've never seen before, I never know what to expect. I've had doctors who expressed surprise upon discovering I was diapered, but the most puzzling and most common thing that has happened to me is that, unless the doctor needs to examine me in a way where he or she needs me to remove the diaper, they completely ignore it. When I've needed to discuss something regarding my incontinence, such as asking a GP to refer me to a urologist, I've often gotten the impression that the doctor was somewhat uncomfortable discussing the subject of my incontinence with me. And I've certainly never been offered any diaper samples.

Something to keep in mind is that I'm Canadian. Although we look and sound like Americans, we're surprisingly different in some respects. Maybe the way doctors react to discovering that a patient is incontinent is one of those differences. Ignoring the face that a patient is diapered unless the patient brings up the subject may be a way of tring to avoid embarrassing the patient.

(Question for Bettypooh)

Ok all of the sudden out of nowhere I became curious. Since it isn't the same as being TS, do you use the women's restrooms then or..?

I use the bathroom you'd expect me to use if you were seeing me go there :D In other words, you'd likely not know I was male if I was headed to the lady's room; otherwise I'd be heading for the men's room ;) As far as differences between TS and TG or CD, it's much safer to use the ladies room unless you are quite male in appearance :huh: I know people who've learned about the safety angle the hard way; simply put girls are less likely to beat you up than guys -_- Most of us try to time our visit to when it isn't occupied, and more importantly to when there are no children in there B) If you 'pass' well enough nobody will know any different unless you tell them. I always just go in, do my thing, wash up with a quick glance at my face and appearance, then I'm out of there. I have been 'outed' in the ladies room twice- both seemed to understand when I simply said "It's safer in here" and left it at that :) I've also had to make it known I'd fight in the men's room once when I wasn't passing and that one instance was at a GLBT Club! :blush: I've had 'looks' and chuckles from guys in the men's rooms elsewhere but I think they saw what would happen if they spoke- I'm not a push-over, even in a dress! I do hope that answers your questions adequately.

And to ADHB, yes there are a lot of different things about the attitudes of Canadians in general and I for one like most of them :thumbsup: Were it not for your winters being more than I care for and my lack of business connections there, I'd move to Canada- it's a great Country you should be proud of :D

Back to the OP, you often get what you give- so I treat Doctors and other professionals professionally and I expect the same from them. If they get out of line I will speak up and let them know what I think :angel_not: I know how to say "That has nothing to do with this, so let's stick to the subject" if I need to :ninja:

Bettypooh

I do hope that answers your questions adequately.

It does. If you identify yourself as such and look like a woman then obviously that's reason enough imo. You aren't in there for the sexual gratification of 'seeing women in the bathroom,' you're there to go. As long as you aren't obviously a 6'3 lineman just wearing a dress basically LOL.

I appreciate the honest answer, it was an honest question that I was genuinely curious about; after posting I had that thought of, "Maybe that was inappropriate." lol

It does. If you identify yourself as such and look like a woman then obviously that's reason enough imo. You aren't in there for the sexual gratification of 'seeing women in the bathroom,' you're there to go. As long as you aren't obviously a 6'3 lineman just wearing a dress basically LOL.

I appreciate the honest answer, it was an honest question that I was genuinely curious about; after posting I had that thought of, "Maybe that was inappropriate." lol

Had you asked me in that in public I would have responded differently :o On here or in private I don't mind such a question, but it probably would be inappropriate to ask of a stranger in a RL setting (unless you're a masochist :rolleyes: ) Being friends and being here makes the difference. You asked respectfully so I tried to offer the same in return- thank you for that :)

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

Once at my urologists office I had gone back and had my visit with the doctor and was sent back out into the waiting room as they needed to cath me for a urine sample. While sitting there a nurse came out with a bag and said we thought you could use these and started pulling out diaper samples of tena briefs, talking loudly and diapers in plain sight thre was only one lady out there in the waiting room with us, but all this had her complete attention., I was mortified and she just kept going on that these were cloth covered so they would not be so while now whispering you know so crinkly sounding.. When i got called back i told the nurse that cathed me and I always see, i told her what happened. The nurse said I am so sorry I told her to give you the samples I just meant for her to hand you the bag of diapers, not that whole ordeal, I am so sorry. I accepted the apology and the bag of like 30 diapers. I had never ever been so embarrassed though,a nd I have been in diapers all my life...

Once at my urologists office I had gone back and had my visit with the doctor and was sent back out into the waiting room as they needed to cath me for a urine sample. While sitting there a nurse came out with a bag and said we thought you could use these and started pulling out diaper samples of tena briefs, talking loudly and diapers in plain sight thre was only one lady out there in the waiting room with us, but all this had her complete attention., I was mortified and she just kept going on that these were cloth covered so they would not be so while now whispering you know so crinkly sounding.. When i got called back i told the nurse that cathed me and I always see, i told her what happened. The nurse said I am so sorry I told her to give you the samples I just meant for her to hand you the bag of diapers, not that whole ordeal, I am so sorry. I accepted the apology and the bag of like 30 diapers. I had never ever been so embarrassed though,a nd I have been in diapers all my life...

Wow, how unprofessional of that Nurse, she should have known better. I'm sure if you wanted to you could have made a bigger deal of it as she blatantly talked about your medical condition in a public setting, which of course should always only be done in a private setting.

As for wearing to the doctors, nope. Unless I have a true medical condition that warrants it they will not be seeing me in one. Anyone brave enough that has gone that doesn't need it for a medical reason?

Why risk wetting yourself even if you could possibly hold it while at the doctors if you need them? If it is a physical need then you really shouldn't be ashamed of them. The more you wear them no matter the situation the more comfortable you will be going anywhere without worrying about the protection you are wearing. Wear you diapers with pride, the more okay you are with it yourself the more others will see it also and not make a big deal out of it. And since it is a medical need if anyone who has problem with it then it is their problem and you don't need them in your life anyways.

I have done a lot of thinking on the subject, I do truly wish I was urinary incontinent. I know that anyone that was a true friend wouldn't care and most are not going to make a big thing of it, and of course it all depends on who you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with immature people of course they are going to make a bigger deal of it and maturity certainly has nothing to do with age, so you have to know by their actions. So ya </rant>

I think I would have been a little pissed if a nurse had come out in the waiting room with diapers for me. I wouldn't have totally ruined her day or got her in trouble with her boss, but once in the doctor's area I would have taken her aside and said, "I know you meant well by offering be samples of protection, but the waiting room with other people in it was not the place to do it. This is not a condition that I want everyone to know about, and I would think that most people, especially someone in your profession would handle the situation with discretion. Perhaps the next time you can learn from what I'm telling you. Other people may not react as nicely as I am."