LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Effin Fedex!

DailyDi

Sat here all day waiting on two fedex packages, one stuck a "we missed you" sticker on my door and left without ringing or knocking, the second drove the package around all day then claimed a "weather delay" and took it back to the warehouse. It was sunny and 45 all day, roads are dry and clear. Lazy asses!

Unfortunately that's the type of Lazy Society we live in now DD. As I say "Some Kids Parents" As for how Most Parents let their kids be Lazy thus becoming Lazy Adults who are Lazy altogether & don't want to do anything.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

I'm feeling the same way about Canada Post today. I ordered something on New Years day from an Amazon partner, it was shipped on the 3rd, and I've still not received it. Likewise, I ordered a book off of Amazon as well, it shipped DHL from the US to Canada, and apparently DHL uses Canada Post for deliveries, yesterday it snowed (12" over 24hrs) so the Post Office decided not to deliver any mail to our boxes. (big mail boxes at the end of the street). My father was a letter carrier for 33 years and I only ever remember him twice not delivering mail because the weather was too bad, and he had to walk his route. Now, they get a little snow, the roads have been plowed, but they won't drive up to a box and put the mail in it because of safety concerns.

One time, they came with a parcel, the person saw the dogs in the yard (dog run) so she sat in the car and honked the horn. We didn't hear her, so she left a card on the fence and left. When I found the card the next day on the ground in the driveway, I called the post office to see what was up - I was told that the delivery person (a contractor) was afraid of dogs, so she didn't want to get out of her car. I told them not to use her to deliver parcels to my house anymore, to just leave a notice in my mail box so I could pick it up at the post office.

Fedex, on the other hand is awesome. On more than one occasion when I've not been home to accept the parcel, the carrier will actually call me using the number on the parcel (imagine...) and get me to verbally accept the delivery. I live in a rural area, though, so he likely doesn't want to have to attempt a second delivery, but still it always impresses me.

People here know of my experience with Fedex.... so suffice to say, I do not, nor will not ever deal with them again.

Mike,

my heart goes out to you to have to deal with the laziness and ignorance of a company that has no concern for its customers. Take solace in the fact that in business, if you loose customers, it will no longer be commercially viable, and the staff with said lazy ignorant attitude will be on the unemployment queues.

• Like 1

People here know of my experience with Fedex.... so suffice to say, I do not, nor will not ever deal with them again.

Mike,

my heart goes out to you to have to deal with the laziness and ignorance of a company that has no concern for its customers. Take solace in the fact that in business, if you lose customers, it will no longer be commercially viable, and the staff with said lazy ignorant attitude will be on the unemployment queues.

Ditto here- but I am beginning to wonder about the last part :huh: It used to be true that bad service would fold you quickly because your competition would take advantage of that :boxing: but now it seems that all of them are bad :o and nobody has the chutzpah to take up their own slack, much less take in someone else's :angry2: It's not a race to the top anymore, it's an effort to maintain at the minimum level and no more because success takes effort and for some reason that effort isn't happening :bash:

Bettypooh

I would say their was a chance you were in the bathroom when they came. But who am I kidding

I think it's the home delivery drivers that are the problem...and, with such a large number of them, there are going to be a few bad apples...and a few managers that don't have what it takes to toss them out promptly. I've seen that in the outfit where I work...one guy had to pull his by the letter incompetent shit in front of the president before real action could be taken, which was to let him go.

Remember that Fedex is really about business to business, that's the majority of the stuff that travels by them.

You want to be effective here? Call up the local Fedex office, or walk in the door, and ask to speak to the supervisor...then show them the two notes, and tell them you are concerned that those drivers are cheating on the company since they cheated on you...little stuff like that helps build the case against the bad ones. And get your phone number on your waybills, it puts them on notice that it is in fact urgent to you.

I'm also trying out Fedex hold for pickup, but i'm still waiting for the vendor to send me the tracking #.

Guess what Fedex brought today? A dock. Not the tablet, just the dock for it. The tablet is sitting locked in a truck at the warehouse to "probably" be delivered Monday. Since it's in a truck I can't pick it up either.

Called Dell just now, told them I was going to go buy their tablet at bestbuy and refuse the delivery whenever it finally arrives. They need to rethink their choice of couriers!

Had the same issue, ordered a new Droid X from Verizon on Thursday, was to be sent overnight. The battery and cover came at noon on Friday but the phone will not be here until Tuesday due bad weather in the southeast. The phone was being shipped from Texas to California, how does snow on the east coast effect Texas.

Guess what Fedex brought today? A dock. Not the tablet, just the dock for it. The tablet is sitting locked in a truck at the warehouse to "probably" be delivered Monday. Since it's in a truck I can't pick it up either.

Called Dell just now, told them I was going to go buy their tablet at bestbuy and refuse the delivery whenever it finally arrives. They need to rethink their choice of couriers!

I've done that with a couple outfits :badmood: I've also canceled orders when they refused to ship non-Fedex before the order went out :P The bottom line is that if you want my business, however small it may be, you have to sell me what I want- what you want has no bearing on the matter to me <_< I don't expect my one complaint to change the world, but If they like staying in business they should take note of the situation because I know I'm not alone with having issues with any shipper :angel_not: As we've seen here others have other problems too. The real issue is the lackadaisical shippers who think they're too big to fail :o The real problem is that they all think that way :angry2: The solution is for sellers to offer shipping options to their customers- it's not that hard to do on a website and it makes happy customers more commonplace which I think is a good business strategy :thumbsup: Happy customers return, unhappy ones buy from your competitor :ninja:

Bettypooh

That isn't as bad as when my sis ordered a regionless DVD player that shipped via ups. They kept trying to find our house on another street. Luckily there isn't a house with our number on it on that street. Our street is ***** Road and theyw ere trying to deliver it to ***** Ave. Both have the same name, just different endings.

That isn't as bad as when my sis ordered a regionless DVD player that shipped via ups. They kept trying to find our house on another street. Luckily there isn't a house with our number on it on that street. Our street is ***** Road and theyw ere trying to deliver it to ***** Ave. Both have the same name, just different endings.

Regionless DVD players are great! I have one for obscure British series that will never be put out on region 1 disks.

I had one driver when we lived out in the boonies, our mailboxes were across a creek from our house, but there was a well-worn and dry driveway that came across. The drivers frequently came to the front of the house, so I know it wasn't because they couldn't do it. Anyway, had a new computer on the way, and supposed to have signature delivery and insurance. They left two huge boxes marked clearly with a major computer brand name on them, ON THE ROW OF MAILBOXES, ACROSS THE CREEK! It was a very poor area, lots of farmworkers and such.

I was SO tempted to call the company and say it never arrived, who would know it wasn't stolen off the mailbox? My honest nature overruled, but if I was even a bit less scrupulous, I woulda' got another computer that time.

• Like 1

All the major shippers in this country nowadays rely on contract carriers to shuttle loaded trailers from hub to hub across the country. If things run smoothly, its a good, not great system. If there are any problems, it sucks. A problem could be as simple as a forklift needing repair in a hub, so instead of 10 unloading you know have 9; to a storm on the east coast that dumped 10 inches of snow there, but as it was moving across the midwest, I was in the form of freezing rain, totally destroying the viability of the roads there. Or it could simply be a union shop doing the minimum amount of work they are allowed because their current contract is set to expire at the end of the month. But it could be a lot worse: all shipments could come by rail. Which means you would be lucky to see your package in about 3 months. :)

In my experience, FedEx does OK on the overnight stuff...and can take a package an hour later than UPS, which periodically makes a day's difference when I've got someone that needs a change in the field.

But, my most recent order was supposed to be held for pickup at the staffed location where I drop off the express packages...since it wasn't shipped express, they weren't prepared to hold it for me there, even though the staff on the ground had assured me a package could be held for pickup. Growl!

As for E coast weather affecting TX to CA shipments, the overnight stuff all flies to a hub (I think it's Memphis), gets sorted, and flies to the nearest destination city about 4AM on a night with good weather...

Bad weather, things work a bit different...

It's not FedEx, it is your local driver. My fiancee deals with all the big shipping carriers every day and says that in his experience one is not better or worse than the other. It all comes down to whether or not the guy driving the truck on your route is a lazy ass or a hard worker.

Call and complain to FedEx, they know who your regular driver is that day, and those guys do get docked whenever people call and complain.