LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snow

Started snowing here in Eastern NC about 8 this morning. Stopped around 5pm. Now we have some freezing rain. Sleet and rain still to come. But it was nice seeing two whole inches on the ground. I went for a short bike ride when it started.

4 and 1/2 inches where I am, but places pretty close got as much as 8 inches :huh: I got out to the store today just for fun (I didn't need anything)and the roads were passable for the sane people B) but now it's sleeting, so all the snow-packed roads are going to be ice :o

Bettypooh

We got 3" at the house in Nashville. Roads weren't that bad after I got out of our neighborhood and onto a main road. Supposed to get 1/2" or so tonight so tomorrow's drive could be interesting.

I hate snow, I have seen enough to last me the rest of my life, if it never snowed again it would not bother me at all.

I totally second this & I also say Ditto, right now we have about 5 inches of snow & its bitterly cold where I'm at.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

As far as I am concerned, "snow" is just a four-letter S-word

I measured 6 inches on the back deck Monday morning which promptly turned to ice. We were snowed in on Monday - no way in hell to get up the hill at the end of the road without a heavy 4wd vehicle. Crawled to Wally World yesterday, for a few basics and took my wife to work this morning - over two hours for a 7 mile round-trip. I can't believe that three days after the snowfall, some of the major roads haven't even been salted let alone ploughed.

Still, it could be worse - one of my neighbours went to work as normal Sunday morning and I don't think he's been home yet :o

I measured 6 inches on the back deck Monday morning which promptly turned to ice. We were snowed in on Monday - no way in hell to get up the hill at the end of the road without a heavy 4wd vehicle. Crawled to Wally World yesterday, for a few basics and took my wife to work this morning - over two hours for a 7 mile round-trip. I can't believe that three days after the snowfall, some of the major roads haven't even been salted let alone ploughed.

Still, it could be worse - one of my neighbours went to work as normal Sunday morning and I don't think he's been home yet :o

Just heard on the news, Georgia only has 20 plows total. So it'll be a while for you.

Just heard on the news, Georgia only has 20 plows total. So it'll be a while for you.

I heard that GDOT has a couple of hundred "pieces of equipment" across the state but they wouldn't say how many ploughs that included. Most of the 'equipment' I've seen so far, driving around and on the news has been a guy stood on the back of a truck shovelling salt/grit onto the road at intersections so yeah, there aren't many proper snow ploughs around here. I saw one this morning, doing the obviously vital job of clearing the city hall parking lot (while the intersection between two busy four-lane roads a couple of hundred feet away is a solid ice slab).

The only time we're gonna have clear streets round here is when the temperature comes up which doesn't look likely until the weekend at least.

I'm in North Ga. & we got about 5" so-far of fluffy snow.:thumbsup: How much you get? I also washed up my diapers the other day just in case the power goes out. Time to diaper up & build a Snowman now.:smiley-baby-boy::D

No snow here...but it sure is cold only 51 degrees out right now. But Sun is shinning bright and a beautiful day outside. We make Snowmen with our Beach Sand here in Florida. LOL

We're supposedly getting 15-30cm (6-12") overnight tonight, it's been snowing pretty hard so I wouldn't doubt it. This will be on top of about roughly a foot that we got since new years. I've got a 6' snowman and a big snow fort in my front yard, and a 4' high snowball in the back yard - that was hard to roll. It took my wife and I to move it towards the end.

I'm pretty well equipped for the snow, though. 4x4 truck, snow blower and an ATV with a plough. Even if we get a foot, I'm still going to work. :(

It's GONE! It's finally gone!

Well, from the roads at least. Still lots of it on the yard, the roof (with a smooth, shiny, hard crust of ice on it) and everywhere else but at least it's off the roads. I must've pushed 7 or 8 people free from the ice over the past three days. Some people have NO IDEA how to climb icy hills and given how busy the local towing companies have been, I guess plenty have no idea how to go down them either :lol: Don't get me wrong, I've had a few slippy slidy moments myself this week including a proper tank-slapper yesterday :o (recovered it just fine, thanks :P) but I had to explain to almost all the people I helped unstick that sticking it in drive and flooring the gas was NOT the way to go :lol: "Are you in your lowest gear?", I ask after getting a face full of icy spray... "Erm, should I be?" :rolleyes: