LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smart Phone Of Choice?

dogpiss

What is your currently subscribed SmartPhone?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of smart phone do you use?

• Apple iPhone 4 or 3GS
    • Apple iPhone previous generations
    • Android 1.x
    • Android 2.x or greater
    • Windows Phone 7 or greater
    • Windows Phone (Mobile) 6.5.x or earlier
    • PalmOS
    • Symbian
    • Some other
    • I'm a Luddite, I don't use a smart phone!

So, there's a metric ass-load of smart phones out there and as part advice and part curiosity, I'd like to poll the audience to see what everyone else uses. There are a lot of choices but there are so many smart phones out there. Some are kind of redundant, but some of the older machines are different to the newer ones that it makes a good bit of difference as to what they do. Select as many as you need since many of us have more than one, but if you could please limit the poll to your CURRENTLY subscribed phones.

Just got a iphone....... I used to have a blackberry storm..... Sort of miss the storm :( I downlaod a lot of music from itunes though so the iphone is convenient because all I have to do is plug it in and it puts any new music on for me..... (Not very tecchy) At the moment I would say the storm was better......

As far as Iphone verses Droid, unless you are an apple fanboy/girl then based on overall performance of the two operating systems and the apple ios limitations on flash the Android o/s is leaps and bounds better. the iphone is a beauty and there are a few crap droid phones on the market, i.e. the motorla devour and htc droid eris.

Things to consider when comparing the two

I-Phone

1.) Non replaceable battery

2.) Proprietary cables and connectors

3.) No flash support

4.) Paid apps

5.) Alarm app not working, phone dropping calls

6.) You are stuck on AT&T

7.) At&T no longer offers unlimited data, just tiered.

Android

1.) every Android based phone has a replaceable battery

2.) There are global capable android phones

3.) Flash does work on device

4.) Several hundred thousand free apps

5.) Several carriers including the nation's most reliable, Verizon.

6.) Google support and contact syncing(also a con if you are not a gmail user)

7.) Not forced to use itunes or other proprietary software.

Now there are indicators that the iphone is parting ways with AT&T as last year Apple did hire techs to work out CDMA chips for their devices. CDMA is the technology Verizon uses on their devices. With the Ipad also going on Verizon there is a good chance the iphone will too. Also unlike At&T Verizon just launched their LTE 4G network(doesn't meet the universal definition of 4g however no country in the world does so for all intents and purposes it is 4g) and it seems that an iphone 4g would make sense for apple. that being said there are a slew of 4g phones coming around the bend including a few nice ones by htc and samsung. You may wish to consider waiting before buying, unless of course you're an apple fanboy, in that case they can slap the apple logo on a piece of polished turd and fanboys would buy it.

Oh and just to say I'm not hating on apple, I do hate microsoft and if I could afford one of their proprietary beats I would have a mac-pro.

I love my dumb phone, you push in some numbers and it makes a phone call to another person, just like a phone should.

Sometimes it rings, I push a button and can talk to the person that called me, just like a phone should.

It is smart in some ways, it knows what time it is, and it know when it's battery needs to be charged so it can continue making and taking calls, just like a phone should. It's an old dumb phone, but it works flawlessly 99% of the time, just like a phone should. It even has an answering machine built into itself. It's a good old phone, and I intend to keep it for a very long time.

I have a computer at home, and it does what a computer should do..it computes. Darn thing is so smart..even it makes phone calls.

Just to big to carry around all the time, so I just use my old dumb phone whenever I need to make a call to someone. Just like a phone should do.

As far as Iphone verses Droid, unless you are an apple fanboy/girl then based on overall performance of the two operating systems and the apple ios limitations on flash the Android o/s is leaps and bounds better. the iphone is a beauty and there are a few crap droid phones on the market, i.e. the motorla devour and htc droid eris.

Things to consider when comparing the two

I-Phone

1.) Non replaceable battery

2.) Proprietary cables and connectors

3.) No flash support

4.) Paid apps

5.) Alarm app not working, phone dropping calls

6.) You are stuck on AT&T

7.) At&T no longer offers unlimited data, just tiered.

Android

1.) every Android based phone has a replaceable battery

2.) There are global capable android phones

3.) Flash does work on device

4.) Several hundred thousand free apps

5.) Several carriers including the nation's most reliable, Verizon.

6.) Google support and contact syncing(also a con if you are not a gmail user)

7.) Not forced to use itunes or other proprietary software.

Now there are indicators that the iphone is parting ways with AT&T as last year Apple did hire techs to work out CDMA chips for their devices. CDMA is the technology Verizon uses on their devices. With the Ipad also going on Verizon there is a good chance the iphone will too. Also unlike At&T Verizon just launched their LTE 4G network(doesn't meet the universal definition of 4g however no country in the world does so for all intents and purposes it is 4g) and it seems that an iphone 4g would make sense for apple. that being said there are a slew of 4g phones coming around the bend including a few nice ones by htc and samsung. You may wish to consider waiting before buying, unless of course you're an apple fanboy, in that case they can slap the apple logo on a piece of polished turd and fanboys would buy it.

Oh and just to say I'm not hating on apple, I do hate microsoft and if I could afford one of their proprietary beats I would have a mac-pro.

LOL what a biased and misleading comparison!

You forgot the darkhorse: WebOS! PalmOS isn't the top-of-the-line anymore.

Mind you, there are some downsides to the webOS phones--specifically hardware issues, but webOS itself has worked like a dream for me. I can't wait till the PalmPad comes out. I've been waiting to see how the HP buyout of Palm works out, Palm needed some bigger muscle, and I'm hopeful the buyout makes Palm a competitor for handheld electronics again.

Now im not a webOS fanboy--if webOS 2 doesn't live up to the hype, I'm going to consider switching to Android--and hoping beyond all hope to find a webOS emulator for it so I can stay with something similar to the Pre

and curi, you got the criticism screwed up a bit methinks: webOS doesn't have flash yet cause the big boys insist on top-notch service for their devices--leaving the mid-range competitors little chance to get their devices supported. It sucks, but the only things I'm really missing out on is Facebook games now.

I don't have a "Smart Phone", I just have a Cell Phone. I do have a question though......Why in the World do we call them "Smart Phones"?! Are we trying to say that Phones are Smarter than Us?:huh: If that is true, what a Scary thought. I don't like thinking that a Phone can be Smarter than Me.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

I'm a veteran of every smart phone, I had a blackberry pearl, Android G1, and I currently have a iphone generation 3. I can say with unquestionable certainty that of all of them I miss the android, and after almost a year can't wait to get rid of my iphone. The G1 was the first android phone available, and although by many the pearl was a failed blackberry model, I'll never go there again...It just seemed very limited to me....The iphone drops calls, and I don't have the iphone 4...The apple store informed me its a data device first, and a phone second therefore it may kick me off the phone to import email messages. I can't wait until April when I can finally dump this thing. Just my two cents.... I also had a tmobile wiing when that was around and I must say that was my second favorite phone, with just a preference toward the android platform.

LOVE my HTC EVO 4G! Wife has an iPhone...used both, and like mine much more. Larger screen, same apps, replacable battery (the one complaint about the EVO--if you game it eats batteries).

In general, there really isn't much difference between the Android and Apple phones anymore. BUT, there sure are restrictions on the Apple - no battery swapping, AT&T only (reception at my house for my wife SUCKS), no memory cards, those limitations alone....and considering an EVO is essentially equivilant in functionality with a bigger screen for less money....no brainer....

I use mine for:

-Making phone calls (duh!)

-Reading Kindle books on (yes it is large enough!)

-Listening to audible books on

-Sync to work and home email accounts

-Websurfing - Android has a cool friendstream concept that links FB, Email, twitter etc into one stream

-playing games (Angry Birds, Robo Defense, duaghter like her games too)

-Texting (love the voice recognition feature)

Ok...so there are features on the Droid not on wife's iphone....so no they aren't even equivilant....(would be nice if I could video chat with her.....oh well....get her a Droid next!)

DROID today! Who knows who will be winning in 6 months.....CES is coming up....if Apple doesn't come out with an IPAD like device with external memory, they will be idiots....to many tablets coming out to compete with... will be interesting to see all the new phones.

Bring back phone booths. I am sick and tired of going out to eat and hearing some others persons telephone conversation from the table behind me. If you want to talk on the phone,get up and leave the table.

I will NOT talk to people while driving or in a restaurant or Theater. Courtesy should not be replaced by technology.

bah it's only biased to apple fanboys...

On a side note, notice that nobody mentioned a windows mobile phone.

My husband has a windows mobile phone, he likes it..... His friends all seem to like it too and they're all geeky, computery people. Husband is in the process of making a game for the windows phone ^_^

So in conclusion my geeky husband and his friends seem to like the windows mobile phone but I don't know why ^_^

My first cell phone came late and at that was only for emergencies - brought on by my wife being stranded on a highway at night. Ironically, that area is STILL a deadzone!

I have been known to answer the phone while driving but for very short communication - not even enough to call it a conversation. I hate seeing people driving while talking on their cell. But this isn't the issue being discussed - my cell is a 'dumb phone' and can still be used to talk and drive. I hate to be walking around in a store and realize that the single man or woman shopping near me isn't really talking to me but to someone on their cell. I hate to be with people when all of a sudden they are talking into their cell and not to the others in the group. I hate the feeling when I get a call and feel 'obligated' to talk. It seems to me that there is such a thing as being TOO connected - it too often creates a DISCONNECT from the people around you.

I've heard the arguments against this line of thought - that this brings people closer together... but in my mind it's in an artificial way.

I'm on my computer enough at home and work so that when I'm not there, I DON'T want to be connected. Sure there are times when it's handy, but too many people have begun to live their lives in a cyberworld and abandon reality. I don't think it's the phones that are the DROIDS, but the people who use their smartphones constantly!

This all well qualifies me to be called a Luddite - although I'm not entirely in every way. In terms of smartphones, though, a resounding yes! I'm not saying they are evil or stupid - nor the people who use them. Rather it is the over-use and over-dependence (which afterall is a very subjective judgment) that drives me nuts.

Just to make me feel better, let's hear it from some other old folks like me who find that not everything new is the greatest - or more to the point that we are creating technology far faster than we can figure out how to use it in the best way. Who hear thinks we need to either slow down on developments in technology or be a LOT faster in figuring out what ought to be legal, moral, ethical, and beyond any of that, good for us individually and as a society in the long run?

Why not spend some time with THOSE questions and a little less on WHICH form of a technology you prefer? (Oh, I can't wait to hear the reactions now...)

I'd suggest rephrasing the "I don't use one" to omit the Luddite part. Some people are just too poor to own one, or keep up with newer technologies in general... Though, I must admit that I quite honestly don't need all the bells and whistles a smart phone has to offer. To me, it's a waste of money. I just need the ability to call other people. A cellphone comes in handy, in situations where a regular phone is unavailable (especially in cases such as vehicle trouble).

I was just about to say blackberry.. I kinda <3 it when it's not rebooting constantly.

Oh my goodness, I love my Blackberry to death the the constant booting will the the death of me, I swear.

All of these phones can be used inappropriately, does that mean they aren't a fantastic addition to one's pocket? Nope.

I love being able to use one device for so many functional uses (reading books, listening to music, listening to books, check email, researching something, taking photos or videos, use as a flashlight, I can go on and on).

My latest cool application....Google Sky....hold my phone up to a clear sky and it shows me the constellations...I'm learning which are which for the first time in my life! Always wanted to, and this app makes it easy!

well this is my third post on DD with my iphone im at the bar watching the seahwaks actually beat new orleans and its a commercial so i though id see how easy it was to read the forums on my phone ... its very easy ohhh and for those lame typo filled posts with the excuse of the op being they are posting from their phone im pretty sure this post has fewer typos then when im on my computer.... which also happens to be an apple product :P