LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Accessories

Pseudocrem

TALC?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use talcum powder in a fresh nappy/diaper?

I forgot to add about lotions, I sometimes use Sudocrem (hence my username) when I am a little sore there... hmmm, if anyone else uses this, why on earth do they make it so goddamn thick? If you happen to get some of this on a duvet cover or a towel or even on your hands, beware... this stuff is like cement! :excl:

• 2 months later...

i use johnson and johnson baby powder.

Me Too. What is the Difference between Johnson & Johnson Powder & Talc?

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Me Too. What is the Difference between Johnson & Johnson Powder & Talc?

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Baby powder can be made of either talcum powder or corn starch. I prefer the corn starch version solely on the reason that I've heard inhaling talc is a long term health risk.

i always use a good squirt of powder :)

i also like a little shot of it when im not wearing diapers, too :P

as for creams, desitin is how i roll. however, that stuff is like glue and tricky to get off your hands. so rubber gloves are a nice thing to have

Baby powder can be made of either talcum powder or corn starch. I prefer the corn starch version solely on the reason that I've heard inhaling talc is a long term health risk.

Both talc and corn starch body powders are fine enough that inhalation of dust isn't a great thing. If you do a googlesearch you'll find lots of documentation about why one is is allegedly worse than the other, but I've not been able to find ANY definitive studies indicating it.

I use both talcum and lotion. I specifically avoid cnrnstarch, it feels creepy in some way

I do not use J&J anymore, Neither the talcum nor the baby lotion has the original smell. The one closest to that is Rite-Aid. The lotion is not quite as thick as school paste so it stays where you put it. Also Rite-Aid is less costly than J&J

The lotion creates a barrier against irritation and the powder keeps things from getting sticky

Hell, I use powder whether I'm wearing or not - my body's thermostat is broken, and I throw heat off, and I sweat off any part of my body that is confined/covered up. A touch of cornstarch down there is a must, particularly when padded up.

(And no, I don't weigh 300lbs, just in case you were envisioning something gross like that)

Talc

A white-gray mineral powder used especially as a baby powder and in deodorant products. Long term use can produce the same effects as those of asbestos. Besides the consequences of the respiratory system, talc can also affect the reproductive system.

No, never.

Does that mean I cannot get pregnant when I grow up?

I use a variety of different things- sometimes I'll use baby powerder (my favorite is lavendar scented), gelled baby oil, creamy vaseline, or regular vaseline. I havne't tried the desitin, or the suedocream- maybe when I run out of what I'm curretnly using, I'll have to pick some up and give it a whirl. Question, though (sorry if this sounds really stupid), where does one buy suedocream? I've never come across it in any stores (or if it is in stores, I probably walked right by without noticing it).