LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Oct. 30 In Dc

So what is wrong with the Tea Party?

What is the answer? You can't blame Bush anymore. Every newborn American baby's share of the national debt is $33,000. The 700 billion dollar stimulus bailed out the labor unions and screwed non-union workers. Obamacare rapes Medicare of 500 billion dollars thus screwing us seniors that have paid into the system our entire working life.

Tell me, how is that "hope and change" working out for you? If Obama's healthcare plan is so good, why did Congress exempt itself from it? Why are most of the Democrats, who are up for re-election, distancing themselves from Obama's agenda. November 2 is just around the cornor. The House will go back to Republican control because the Democrats are pure Marxist.

It will be interesting to see how many people show up for the Daily Show event. I was in the Tea Party March on 9-12-2009 and the number of participants closed down the DC public transportation system. There were more people at the Tea Party that those that showed up for the Messiah's inauguration.

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are both organizing a gathering in Washington DC Oct 30.

I think I'm going to go.

We have to answer the tea baggers on the future of our nation.

Anondl

• Like 3

So what is wrong with the Tea Party?

What is the answer? You can't blame Bush anymore.

Oh, so you overlook facts you don't like and think it's OK? While Bush isn't alone bearing the blame, it was he who left the office with nothing for his successor to work with :o

Every newborn American baby's share of the national debt is $33,000. The 700 billion dollar stimulus bailed out the labor unions and screwed non-union workers. Obamacare rapes Medicare of 500 billion dollars thus screwing us seniors that have paid into the system our entire working life.

Tell me, how is that "hope and change" working out for you? If Obama's healthcare plan is so good, why did Congress exempt itself from it?

I'll tackle the last line alone- it's because they don't want to be stuck with the decisions they make for the rest of us and it's been that way nigh on forever :bash: The only way to ensure that politicians will make the right choices is to make them live with their choices just like the rest of us have to do. Or double that. Government at all levels must be made to be fully accountable to the people on a personal level- nothing else will ensure that they always do the right thing B)No political movement is focusing on this- the single core of every problem we're experiencing and the only solution which can possibly work :screwy:

Why are most of the Democrats, who are up for re-election, distancing themselves from Obama's agenda. November 2 is just around the cornor. The House will go back to Republican control because the Democrats are pure Marxist.

It will be interesting to see how many people show up for the Daily Show event. I was in the Tea Party March on 9-12-2009 and the number of participants closed down the DC public transportation system. There were more people at the Tea Party that those that showed up for the Messiah's inauguration.

Everyone is disenchanted- not just the Dems, Reps, or Baggers. No current party or movement save one has any hope of solving even a small part of our problems because powerful political parties are at the core of the problem :crybaby: We have to get past the childish "us versus them" mindset which pervades all political parties-especially the Tea Party. You aren't going to fix anything by taking control; you will only please a different segment of the people and in time those who were adversely affected will rise against you thus continuing the problem. The only solution is to dis-empower politics. Do not let any party gain or maintain power- vote them all out every time. Make it personally uneconomical to run for political office at today's level- make the level go back to where it started so that the common person is truly equal to those with money. If you vote for any incumbent you are the problem too- you are trying to continue a broken system. Today's politicians are all disingenuous- even those the Tea Party loves. They will not do what they promise either willingly or because they do not grasp what actually happens withing the current system, thus making it impossible for them to do what they wanted to :screwy: We must abandon the "us versus them" mentality as citizens and work together for the common good if we will ever see better times. There is nothing wrong with the concept of everyone having good medical care. There is nothing wrong with the concept of individual freedom. There is nothing wrong with the idea of promoting economic recovery. What is wrong is that it cannot happen with the current system where politicians can profit from their decisions and cannot come to harm from bad decisions.

The Tea Party is just a feely-good thing much as was the Dem movement which brought us Obama and the Rep movement which brought us Bush. Neither did us any long-term good nor will the Tea Party. Realize that this too is you being twisted into supporting someone elses ideas. Get over your feelings and get into the horrid depths of today's reality where people suffer needlessly, idiots have nuclear weapons at their fingertips, insane people build alliances that harm innocent people , and only the politicians win. You can't get anywhere espousing words which make you feel good, you must look deeper and do the right thing for the right reason even if it makes you unpopular or costs you somehow. Freedom is never free and there is always a price to pay for doing the right thing but the rewards for being that way are priceless. Screw all who want to form political parties and vote everyone out every time without fail period. End of my diatribe :lol:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

when i went to england for the first time i was standing in line at a store to purchase my things and saw typhoo tea... but i thought it said typhoid tea (i didn't have my glasses on) and so for my entire trip in england i drank typhoid tea.

Oh, so you overlook facts you don't like and think it's OK? While Bush isn't alone bearing the blame, it was he who left the office with nothing for his successor to work with :o

I'll tackle the last line alone- it's because they don't want to be stuck with the decisions they make for the rest of us and it's been that way nigh on forever :bash: The only way to ensure that politicians will make the right choices is to make them live with their choices just like the rest of us have to do. Or double that. Government at all levels must be made to be fully accountable to the people on a personal level- nothing else will ensure that they always do the right thing B)No political movement is focusing on this- the single core of every problem we're experiencing and the only solution which can possibly work :screwy:

Everyone is disenchanted- not just the Dems, Reps, or Baggers. No current party or movement save one has any hope of solving even a small part of our problems because powerful political parties are at the core of the problem :crybaby: We have to get past the childish "us versus them" mindset which pervades all political parties-especially the Tea Party. You aren't going to fix anything by taking control; you will only please a different segment of the people and in time those who were adversely affected will rise against you thus continuing the problem. The only solution is to dis-empower politics. Do not let any party gain or maintain power- vote them all out every time. Make it personally uneconomical to run for political office at today's level- make the level go back to where it started so that the common person is truly equal to those with money. If you vote for any incumbent you are the problem too- you are trying to continue a broken system. Today's politicians are all disingenuous- even those the Tea Party loves. They will not do what they promise either willingly or because they do not grasp what actually happens withing the current system, thus making it impossible for them to do what they wanted to :screwy: We must abandon the "us versus them" mentality as citizens and work together for the common good if we will ever see better times. There is nothing wrong with the concept of everyone having good medical care. There is nothing wrong with the concept of individual freedom. There is nothing wrong with the idea of promoting economic recovery. What is wrong is that it cannot happen with the current system where politicians can profit from their decisions and cannot come to harm from bad decisions.

The Tea Party is just a feely-good thing much as was the Dem movement which brought us Obama and the Rep movement which brought us Bush. Neither did us any long-term good nor will the Tea Party. Realize that this too is you being twisted into supporting someone elses ideas. Get over your feelings and get into the horrid depths of today's reality where people suffer needlessly, idiots have nuclear weapons at their fingertips, insane people build alliances that harm innocent people , and only the politicians win. You can't get anywhere espousing words which make you feel good, you must look deeper and do the right thing for the right reason even if it makes you unpopular or costs you somehow. Freedom is never free and there is always a price to pay for doing the right thing but the rewards for being that way are priceless. Screw all who want to form political parties and vote everyone out every time without fail period. End of my diatribe :lol:

Bettypooh

QFT

I have some friends who are going, but I'd rather stay home and get ready for Halloween, hehe. I hope whoever goes enjoys it! Those teabaggers drive me nuts. But then again, any political party (or single politician) that's too extremist, as it were.

Also Christine O'Donnell is as dumb as a pillowcase full of bricks. Like, seriously, Delaware. What? There's no hope for this state. ><

I'm not posting this based on how I feel towards any argument. I would just like to post about the appropriateness of a moderator getting involved on a thread like this with so much potential to blow up. A moderator's job is to maintain a neutral stance towards users and opinions so that they may omit inappropriate material, be it spam or off topic content, and maintain the trust of the forum members and owner. DailyD and Repaid from time to time will leave a comment or two but they maintain a good standing with every forum member and stay true to that neutrality so they can view forum based issues on the actual issue facts at hand. It is frankly not appropriate for any one who is a moderator to get involved in a thread like this when they choose a side and tell people to:

Get over your feelings...

Highly inappropriate and unprofessional.

• Like 3

I'm not posting this based on how I feel towards any argument. I would just like to post about the appropriateness of a moderator getting involved on a thread like this with so much potential to blow up. A moderator's job is to maintain a neutral stance towards users and opinions so that they may omit inappropriate material, be it spam or off topic content, and maintain the trust of the forum members and owner. DailyD and Repaid from time to time will leave a comment or two but they maintain a good standing with every forum member and stay true to that neutrality so they can view forum based issues on the actual issue facts at hand. It is frankly not appropriate for any one who is a moderator to get involved in a thread like this when they choose a side and tell people to:

Highly inappropriate and unprofessional.

Moderators are (diaper wearing) people too :P As a member I can post whatever I want just like you so long as I follow the rules :) That means I can agree, disagree, or not have any opinion when replying to someone elses post or making my own :mellow: As a Mod the thing I cannot do is discriminate in applying rules toward others- and I am very careful with that. You don't get to see it, but if I have any question in my mind about taking action I let Repaid or DD handle things :huh: I may not always agree with the Boss but I do my best to give exactly what is asked of me anyway. In doing that, I am the penultimate professional by intent B) If being a Mod means I cannot speak my mind then I don't want the job, and I made that clear to DD from the start :rolleyes: It does not matter what you or I think about how a Mod should act- that decision belongs to DD alone. If you have any concerns about anyone here (Mod or not) then you should report those things privately, not post them on a forum.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

wow cool, when did you become a moderator???

Aug 30 or Sep 1, I can't really remember :angel_not: DD oversees everything closely so that makes the job a lot easier- anything I might screw up is fixable B) Still, it's work and worry that I've missed something but as long as it makes DD better I'm happy to help :D

Bettypooh

Aug 30 or Sep 1, I can't really remember :angel_not: DD oversees everything closely so that makes the job a lot easier- anything I might screw up is fixable B) Still, it's work and worry that I've missed something but as long as it makes DD better I'm happy to help :D

Bettypooh

well just don't screw up and ban me!!! and everyhting will be alright!!! but congrats on the upgrade!

I was a moderator for a forum once upon an Internet... and it sucked. So much dumb drama we had to deal with, haha. And then there was the great troll raid of Spring '10. Good luck Bettypooh. It's dangerous to go alone, take this. *hands you a banhammer*

I was a moderator for a forum once upon an Internet... and it sucked. So much dumb drama we had to deal with, haha. And then there was the great troll raid of Spring '10. Good luck Bettypooh. It's dangerous to go alone, take this. *hands you a banhammer*

Why, thank you sweetie! :D I'll keep it handy in case it's needed ;) I've done this before- at one point I was a Mod on two groups and owned two more :rolleyes: One each were easy, the other two made up for that twice over :screwy: After over a year of that I had enough of the 'drama' and gave my groups to friends who were there B) They thought they knew what they were getting into but I refused their so-very-kind offers to take the groups back :whistling::P

I have to give everyone my accolades- overall this is one of the nicest bunch of people I've ever been with and that makes being a Mod super-easy :blush: It seems rather odd to think that here we have lots of people here who are admittedly childlike and/or infantile, yet the maturity factor of our interactions is better than any group of 'adults' I've ever seen :wub: Y'all make DD the greatest! I guess we'd better get back on topic or Bettypooh might :bash: us- I hear she's as mean as a stepped-on rattlesnake :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Moderators are (diaper wearing) people too :P As a member I can post whatever I want just like you so long as I follow the rules :) That means I can agree, disagree, or not have any opinion when replying to someone elses post or making my own :mellow: As a Mod the thing I cannot do is discriminate in applying rules toward others- and I am very careful with that. You don't get to see it, but if I have any question in my mind about taking action I let Repaid or DD handle things :huh: I may not always agree with the Boss but I do my best to give exactly what is asked of me anyway. In doing that, I am the penultimate professional by intent B) If being a Mod means I cannot speak my mind then I don't want the job, and I made that clear to DD from the start :rolleyes: It does not matter what you or I think about how a Mod should act- that decision belongs to DD alone. If you have any concerns about anyone here (Mod or not) then you should report those things privately, not post them on a forum.

Bettypooh

While yes Mods here are diaper wearing as well, you are no longer a "member" of DD, you are a moderator. There is a different set of rules that apply to you because you are in a higher trusted position than regular members and you are held to a higher standard. They teach security guards in states that make it mandatory to get a Class D license before they work about laws. They also teach them that they are not supposed wear their uniform anywhere except to work, at work, and on the way home from work. The reason for this is if you stop and get gas and are in the store, someone robbing the store might glance at you and think you are a cop and subsequently shoot you. It has happened in the past many times. Normal people don't walk around dressed like cops because there is a difference in responsibility, cops never technically stop being cops, even off duty. They can and will still arrest someone if they are commiting a felony and will still pull their firearm which they are allowed to carry at all times even not when in uniform.

The point I am getting at is moderators are like cops, either you are or you aren't. Personally I like you Betty, I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything like that, and I'm not saying you can't post. Just threads like this where it can become a shitstorm of back and forth may not be the best place get in the middle and take a side.

• Like 2

as this is the internet and a privately owned site, the job of hte moderator is however the owner, in this case DD defines it... so if he is comfortable with his moderators expressing their opinoins, then thats all that matters...

• Like 1

as this is the internet and a privately owned site, the job of hte moderator is however the owner, in this case DD defines it... so if he is comfortable with his moderators expressing their opinoins, then thats all that matters...

How about allowing them to discuss it however they want to, most likely privately, and allowing it to end at that instead of inferring you know with what are the site owner's desires.

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to this event, remember to bring extra diapers!

I was just listening to Rush Limbaugh and he is reporting that there is a shortage of porta-pots for this event. According to Limbaugh the USMC leased most of the available units for a marathon.

Limbaugh came up with another classic idea as well: "They can crap their pants to practice for what they are going to do on November 2"!

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2085956

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are both organizing a gathering in Washington DC Oct 30.

I think I'm going to go.

We have to answer the tea baggers on the future of our nation.

Anondl