LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's Brand

Diaper fit is the key to avoiding leaks if you pee slowly ;) If you flood all bets are off with any diaper except maybe cloth which seems to handle that best :) Any premium diaper like Bambinos will outperform any Depends ever made if both fit properly, which I can attest to personally having worn both. I prefer the Depends for my usage because they are enough, they fit me well, and most importantly is that I can get them locally on the cheap :thumbsup: which I can't do with any other plastic-backed diaper. Plus their pull-ups work very well for me at work :whistling: I might be switching there for awhile as I've found a super deal on a case of Prevail Breezers if they haven't been sold to someone else yet. I'm not yet sure about their performance but if it's good enough it will be a couple months before I buy Depends pull-ups again. Wish me luck!

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

If you search my username, you will see that I have made several posts describing my experiences with premium versus doubled store-brand diapers (that is, one store-brand diaper with slits down the middle, backed by another store-brand diaper). I have made the argument that doubled store-brand diapers make better sense (in terms of performance) than premium diapers. I have posted on a number of premium diaper topics, and to be clear, the primary diaper that I was comparing to was the Depend Protection with Tabs (previously known by other names - and I agree with other writers that Depends should stop changing their product names - but regardless, Depends' max protect label). I continue to believe that doubled Depends max protect provides better value for the money (although I agree it is not exactly comparing apples to apples) than any premium brand that I have tried (although, as I have admitted in previous posts, I cannot buy premium brands in bulk due to my life situation, and so bulk buyers may be able to realize a cost advantage).

If you search my username, you will see that I have made several posts describing my experiences......
I did, you didn't. (Six posts as of today.) You have only made one diaper related post other than this one. The other four are looking for a DL girl.

Like Repaid said in the other thread, make an intro/profile so people can get to know you.

Here's how I tape the Depends Max.. I've tried a lot of different things over the months and have finally arrived at this procedure:

1. Fold the diaper in half lengthwise... this creates a nice pocket and adds a bit of temporary stiffness

2. Stand up.. put diaper under you, pull up and press underneath crotch so that it goes up between the privates and leg (inner thigh)

3. Bottom tapes first.. keeping it tight under the inner thigh, pull front flap back flat back around the leg. Then, holding that in place, use the other hand to pull the rear flap/tape forward, taping to follow along the same contour as the front flap (unnatural angles cause the tape to dig into my leg). Tape tight to prevent leaks. Note: Also don't get too close to the edge with the tape or it can dig into your leg too. Repeat for other leg.

4. Top tapes next.. pull up front and back of diaper as high as possible. Pull back front flap as with previous step. Pull rear flap/tape tight and tape straight right above the white pad (can see it through the plastic). Elastic should stretch a bit but not max out. Repeat for other side.

5. Middle tapes last (because when I used to do the middle tapes 2nd, my diaper tended to sag and get loose). Pull tape and push in on front of diaper so that the tape can go farther into the middle of the diaper. Straight tape again.

6. Make sure inner flaps are still pulled all the way back.. it helps for comfort.

7. Press and massage each tape to make sure it is completely stuck down.

8. (optional) Insert stuffers. I used to put them in earlier, but that led to a loose fit.

I guess this is one of those things where pictures would be helpful. If anyone has a need for pictures let me know and I can try to take some.

I was in Goodwil today, and I noticed they had kind of a weird package of Depends. The bag was completely white, with nothing but a small logo on one side identifying it as Depends for Women with a leak rating of (I think) extra absorbant. I briefly considered buying it since it only cost a whopping 99 cents, but decided against it because I had absolutely no idea what size they were. So I was wondering, does anybody have any idea what was up with the packagine?

A few indications on my usual stores' shelves (i.e., the shelves' emptiness), leads me to ask whether anyone has heard if Depends is discontinuing its max protect line in favor of its newer almost-max-protect "underwear" lines.

I think it's actually because they are one of the best available in retail.. and, at cvs at least, go on sale quite often.

Well, looks like my post was wishful thinking. Went to CVS last night.. Depends Max were on clearance for ~$10.50 (and, of course, completely gone). Verified with an employee that said that if they had a clearance tag they were definitely not coming back. They mentioned that each store is diffferent. However, if stores are putting them on clearance, that pretty much disproves my "sells great" theory. I really hope they're not on the way out :( I should check Walgreens and see if they still carry them.

Well, looks like my post was wishful thinking. Went to CVS last night.. Depends Max were on clearance for ~$10.50 (and, of course, completely gone). Verified with an employee that said that if they had a clearance tag they were definitely not coming back. They mentioned that each store is diffferent. However, if stores are putting them on clearance, that pretty much disproves my "sells great" theory. I really hope they're not on the way out :( I should check Walgreens and see if they still carry them.

They do.

I just tried out Depends Protection with Tabs for the first time. First time I've ever used Depends in the 5 years or so since I actually started buying diapers. They really get a bum rap. Sure they're thin and don't hold a LOT but they're really comfortable and hold a pretty good amount. They didn't leak at all for me either. I think leaking though has more to do with fit than quality and some diapers fit some people better than others. For me the Abena X-Plus and Dry 24/7 Mediums leak long before they reach capacity. The Dry 24/7 Smalls are fantastic though and don't leak at all.

Back to the Depends though, I really like 'em. I'm not a heavy wetter, even if I drink more than I normally would and throw in a bunch of coffee or something. The only diapers I have ever been able to wet to capacity are the Tranquility ATN, ABU Cushies, three tape Attends, and the Depends. I really like three tapes as well. Wish more diapers had that. Makes for a much more secure feeling fit.

• 1 month later...

I was in my Walgreens tonight and they were also on clearance there - drat!!!!!!!!!!

Being a bargain hunter I guess I've got some Walgreen's shopping to do :) And it looks like I'm going to be left shopping at Walmart if I want any plastic-backed diapers at retail around here now :(

Do you happen to know the name of the plastic-backed Walmart diapers, or better yet, have a picture of the package? Thanks!

Don't despair that Walgreens and CVS no longer carry the plastic Depends- check Walmart and other drug stores who may carry them yet, and grab the clearance prices while you can at Walgreens ;)

Bettypooh

I noticed that too today! I usually have my premium diapers in surplus but this month the funds are a little tight so I had to go to "old reliable", but they are no longer there much to my dismay. I am also not a big fan of cloth back, but that is what I had to get. My local Wal-Mart doesn't usually carry the plastic backed Depends for some reason. I really want to throw a tantrum!!!! :crybaby::censored:

:bash:

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo- the Depends "Silhouette" is on the shelves :)

And it looks like I'm the first to try one here. The material is a lot smoother than the "Depends for women" pull-ups, and indeed feels a lot like cotton panties. The cut is the same as brief panties in height, the front, rear, and side coverage is nearly identical. They are very smooth in comparison to the older pull-ups, showing no wrinkles open or under thin pants. The rear absorbency panel edges are not smooth on the top or sides and may show lines under thin or tight clothing. The regular Women's pull-ups taper off better here, leaving less of a visible line. The front tapers well, leaving me to wonder why they can't get the back that smooth!They do indeed look like white cloth panties at the waist, especially compared to the corrugated look of the older pull-ups, so unintended exposure won't 'out you'

The absorbency begins in the middle where it's most needed and then migrates forward as it fills. Sitting, there was no leakage underneath me, but when the center and front absorbed all it could, the clothlike cover began seeping through where it was wettest in front. You'll feel it coming up your tummy and you'd better be thinking about changing PDQ. It would be hard to explain being wet so high in front when your center and rear are dry :( Close fitting clothes make this worse. Just guessing I'd say these held one large wetting before they reached capacity, or as I tested them three small ones. After beginning to leak in front, another mini-flood poured in front and initiated leaking in back under me. You'd be changed by now so maybe that doesn't matter but it shows that there is no absorbency in the rear.

I had hopes that these could replace the regular "Depends for Women" pull-ups but no chance if you actually use them. These have maybe 2/3 of that capacity before they leak, and with the cover seeping through too I cannot say I'm happy with these. For mild slow wettings and the most minor incontinence they are excellent, but so are the older pull-ups as well as many other pull-up brands. The only advantage I see in these is that they very closely resemble white cotton panties at the top where exposure is most likely. If that matters to you more than performance then you may like these, otherwise these may not be worth the extra cost.

Bettypooh

I got a package of the Depends Real Fit. And needless to say, I found it to be useless for my needs. Cold, clammy, and sweaty. No absorbancy. They make their products thinner, and less effective than they have ever been. And to make matters worse, you can't even buy a decent product in drug stores where I live. You have to order them all online.

Well, the new line is more underwear-like, which was their intent- and they succeeded at that pretty well ;) But they didn't have to reduce the absorbency to underwear-like levels, which renders them essentially useless for those who wear for need :( In that- the most important part of the whole picture- they failed :o

At best these will be useful to those who could use good quality pads to a better effect, thus retaining the underwear they use now. I had hoped for better but knowing the history of Depends I didn't expect better- and I wasn't surprised :bash: It's back to their regular pull-ups for me- a better product and better prices too.

Bettypooh

I think a lot of people are still miss-using Depend Pull-ups. They are for light to moderate incontinence (basically dribbling) and meant to be changed regularly. They won't work for urge or functional incontinence, nor all day flooding. I dribble, and these new pants work great for me. They keep me dry for 2-3 hours which is the most I expect from a pull-up and is enough time to run some errands, then come home and put on more long-term protection.

And they are SOOO damn comfortable and soft now, I love them. A great discreet product for someone who wants to feel protected without actually flooding. Say, wearing to work where bulk isn't acceptable, but you still want the feeling of a nice padded pant.

I have no doubt that they are for light to moderate incontinence. However, the advertising on the box is a bit deceptive: "Maximum Absorbency"? But maybe that would be for someone who drips a small amount over time, and not for someone in a situation where they may release the whole volume and saturate the garment. I think they should really save the "Maximum Absorbency" label for their Depend Protection with Tabs (formerly Depend Max).