LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Remember Wearing Diapers As A Real Baby

I only remember one time, and it's one of my best memories.

My parents left me with with some friends for the w/e and I remember wearing Pampers

In fact I might of been (or was being) potty trained.

And the friend didn't want to worry about cleaning up accidents. (Gawd Bless Her)

Actually I am afraid to ask my Mother even now!

Diapers and Pampers are like a bad word in my family.

My family is very neurotic (explaining why I am like I am today)

I slept on damp, pee soaked sheets from the night before as punishment.

Bed Wetting was considered just too lazy to get up in my generation.

Generally, no. I don't remember much of my childhood back then. I do have one memory though, I don't know why we were there, maybe for a holiday or something. But my family had traveled down to my grandparents house in Palm Desert for some reason, and I remember one of my older cousins being there and smiling and looking down at me while we were in the living room. I guess I must have been about 2 or so, because I was walking. Then after that I guess my mom took me to one of that back bedrooms to change me on one of the 4 poster beds. I remember the bedspread and my feet kind of hanging over the lower 'rail' but after that nothing..oh well.

Memories,...like the corners of my mind....*shrug*

qwack

If by "a real baby" you mean do I remember anything during or before toilet training, then my answer is "No!"

My Mom, my Granny, My Aunt Betsy and my older sister Penny seem to agree that I was day dry at 30 months and reliably trained at night by 33 months. Assuming this is accurate, that agrees with my clear memory of my younger siblings toilet training. My younger brother Ed still had day accidents until 48 months and seldom had a dry night until he was almost 7. By all accounts my older brother Jack toilet trained early for a boy in those days and never again had any bladder problems.

Anyone who has ready my posts knows I am profoundly urinary incontinent and have been so since the summer of 1985 when I turned 21. I reverted to bedwetting at puberty in 1972 shortly after turning 12. Like all my sisters even when I still had bladder control, it was very small and over-active. The same had been true of Granny and all her daughters, so by tradition our family was diaper-friendly. For example, Ed was never teased about his delayed toilet learning. With Mom and Penny wetting so much a load or two of diapers was washed and dried in our house every day. Ed's added little to the work load.

Because of the over-active tiny bladders, Granny's mom found "just in case" diapers made things easier for everyone during trips and special events. Granny refined that approach with her girls. My Mom had the ability of talking the birds out of the trees, and she use that ability to ask us to wear diapers on special events. Otherwise with 3 or move over-active bladders a trip would be an endless series of potty stops. With just in case diapers Dad only needed to stop on a planned schedule. Of course I did not know all of that before my memory kicked in.

That was Memorial Day weekend of 1968, 6 weeks before I turned 4, so I had not routinely worn day diapers for 16 months. We were at Renaissance Faire. Dad sold them most of the meat served at the food booths, Granny had a couple of booths selling pseudo-Renaissance novelties. Participation in Renaissance costumes was a family thing. Penny had an adorable noble girls outfit with a bodice and many underskirts. Pictures from the 1968 Ren Faire show me in a toddler's shift, a sort of baggy under dress. Sometimes I wore a bonnet.

So there I was, on the grass of the central faire lawn, on my back with my shift pulled way up. Mommy was removing my soaked gauze diaper and was using a rag to clean me when I saw the Queen (actually an actress playing Elizabeth I) looking down at me in a regal way with a twinkle in her eyes. Mommy did not stop, and slid a dry diaper under me. As Mom set the second pin, the Queen pronounced "We are well pleased. This young personage will avoid the Privies!" Who knows what the Queen or Phyllis Patterson, Ren Faire Founder, would have felt about the 1968 vintage Gerber vinyl panties Mom pull on me to cover my diaper?

Later that day, as the customers were being herded off the grounds, Mom led Penny and me to a private Porta Potty area. In private Mom changed Penny's diaper. She was 9 years old then. Outside that tent where the light was better, Mom changed my diaper. By the way, all these years later, I can say I have never been to a Ren Faire anywhere without wearing a diaper.

• Like 2

This reminds me, I have to make a better effort to get to the ren faire this year :blush: I keep forgetting about it and missed the one this year....again :( So I'll shoot for next April...and heck, might be in a diaper as well, as the "public privies' aren't the greatest things to experiance after 10,000 others have used them :P

maybe I'll make a seperate thread for that starting around march or so, if anyone else wants to go and have a 'faire' good time :P

qwack

Generally speaking, most people don't remember stuff from their infancy. That's just a normal part of the the way the human mind works. Memories degrade and are altered by our perception and thoughts. So, you may have false memories from this time, based upon stories relayed from others. Personally, I have trouble remembering back to when I was younger than 6. Most of my memories from about 6-10 are all blurred together, and I have a hard time sorting out what happened just when, unless it involves something that happened at a specifically identifiable time (such as the fact that my great grandpa died 2 years before my brother was born and adopted [and that means that he died when I was 9]).

I can remeber being diapered and rubber pantied twice as a baby, It seems to have been before my third birthday. The first time it was with the orange or peach rubber panties and the second it was with a pair of semi-trnasparent sand-colored panties. that night I put my hand down my pj's anf felt them

I mostly remember being diapered as a little girl. between about 6-1/2 and almost 8. Afther the big to-do which I write about in my blog, I was accepted as a little girl by Anne and Linda's mother. This was about a dozen years after the Depression. People were very chary with their money and heaven help a person who left the light on in a room unecessarily or used "too much" water. To get an idea of that, the "light bill" was about $4 to $6 a month and water was about the same and people still crabbed about it plenty. $80 a week pay was big coin. rent was about $4 weekly for a pretty decent apartment.. Playtime was not a problem for little boys since they tended to roam and could use a tree if they felt the need. For little girls it was different. First, they cannot use a tree, second, they tended to stay in one place to play, usually at somebody's house. Well if you have two or more children under about 7-1/2 or 8 you know they will be in the bathroom about 3 or 4 times each in the course of an afternoon. That is a lot of tying up the bathroom and with 5 gallon toilets, a lot of water. The Roque's were not well off to start off with so Mrs Roque was not one to waste anything. So both Linda who was a few months older than I, and I would be diapered when I spend the afternoon there until we showed that we could hold it comfortably for a couple of hours. Mrs Roque worked in one of the dress shops in Fall River but would come home for lunch on the Newport bus, If I was on school vacation or somethimes on Saturday I would go over to Anne and Linda's house after lunch since my aunt would be working with my Uncle. Mrs. Roque would diaper Linda and I when I got there and Anne would help me with my dress and things. The only time we could use the toilet was for #2, which was pretty rara. When Mrs. Roque got home, Linda and I would be changed to our normal undies and I into my regular clothes and be taken home. It was cheaper to rinse and wash a half dozen night diapers and rubber panties (If I was there 3 times a week; not unreasiable) than use about 90 gallons of water. Also Linda was diapered at night and if I slept over, so was I or if Carol, Anne and Linda slept over at our house when their mother worked the night shift or the whole family slept over if the weather was cold and snowy (though I never knew Mr. Roque or if there was one; we just called the girls' mother "Mrs. Roque" and let it go at that), Linda would be diapered and so she would not feel like she was being picked on (singled out), so was I. Anne, Linda and I slept in a bed made of two twin beds while Carol slept in the "girl's room" with my older cousin in a full-size bed (If their mom slept over, we took out the folding "rollaway" bed) The diapering ended about the time I turned 8 and was only used for punishment.

If you read my blog, my aunt hated the whole idea of me being a girl but since she would not let me run around with the other boys, due to a severe visual defect caused by German Measles, I spent much of my times with girls my age and older, particularly the Roque sisters, which just reinforced my girlish interests. My uncle said that if I was not to be let to run with the boys and so much of my time was with girls and i had girlish interests, then I should be let to be a girl at times

I have no actual memory of being a baby and in diapers, but I do have this one memory of being around 2 or 3 and seeing this package of Pull-Ups at my grandmother's house, so I must have been wearing them at the time. :thumbsup:

I definitely have memories going back to the age of 3-5 and wearing pullups to bed. One fond memory was riding my big wheel with a pullup on before I went inside for the night. Another was waking up dry and walking to the living room to look outside, then purposely wetting my pullup :)

Generally speaking, most people don't remember stuff from their infancy. That's just a normal part of the the way the human mind works. Memories degrade and are altered by our perception and thoughts. So, you may have false memories from this time, based upon stories relayed from others. ...

You are often insightful YVhuce, and you just hit another home run :thumbsup: It's just a theory on my part, but it seems to me that the human mind retains the things it's owner considers important at the cost of losing the "less-important" stuff :o As children playtime, school recess, and vacation were very important, but as we were made to grow up other things took their place :screwy: My early memories are like single frames from an old movie- some are crisp and clear while others are hazy and blurred. All of them are hard to put into context, often that happens only when a sibling recounts the tale :( Those early memories are also few but I don't seem to be losing the early ones that remain anymore- at least not any faster than the rest of my aging memory is losing :mellow: I've noticed in some Alzheimer's patients the parts of some childhood memories remain clear as newer ones are lost- maybe because they are the deepest ones? I don't know, it's just a thought.

Back to the OP, I don't remember being diapered but I do have one "single-frame" memory of Training Pants that is very clear, right down to how it physically felt wearing them :blush: I was standing in the living room smiling and happy, the Training Pants felt thick, stiff, and unyielding in front and back, and the sides were somewhat tight. And the small part projecting from the front of me didn't feel good being mashed down like that :rolleyes: They were dry and it seems that they may have felt softer after being wet (which possibly would explain my love of feeling wet now) but again I just don't know that for sure. I wasn't looking at them but I remember every detail of how they looked right down to the last stitch- I never remember that much detail about anything! I think I also had a blue T-shirt on too- that part must not have been important to me I guess :lol: Not exactly diapers but the only memory I have of my pre- underwear days that I am positive of as it has stayed exactly the same, strong, and clear throughout my life :girl_happy: If you run across an aging TG in a nursing home thirty years from now babbling about stiff dry Training Pants are, please say hello to me :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I have several memories of when I was young, age 3-1/2 to 6 when I was diapered for bedwetting every night but only 2 memories when I was a baby around age 2. One was when I had my wet diaper changed on a blanket on the living room floor. I don't remember much about the actual changing, just that it was a wet diaper and my dad doing it. My clearest memory was when I was taken into the first floor bedroom which had the baby crib and dresser. Again I was about 2 years old and my dad was changing me. He got up to go in the bathroom next door while I was on the floor with my diaper unpinned and folded down. This was in about 1963 when you didn't have those nice packages of aloe wet wipes! As he was gone, I raised up and looked in my open diaper and I remember wondering where all that poop in it had come from! Thats where my memory stops. I don't remember anything more about getting cleaned up or a fresh diaper pinned on me. I just remember him unpinning my diaper and me looking inside it when he was gone to get a cloth.

I have a couple of memories of being a baby/toddler as if they happened yesterday. I can remember being in my crib and climbing out of it and walking to the top of the stairs and crawling down the stairs backwards. Then our dog caught me on the stairs and started barking which brought my Mom who picked me up and put me back in the crib. I know I was wearing a light green or blue footed sleeper and sure I would have had a diaper on. Another time I remember sitting in a puddle with just a cloth diaper/plastic pants and blue tee shirt on a splashing in the water.

I don't remember much when I was diapered back then...but I do remember being put back in diapers at around 5 or 6 for wetting the bed all the time. I remember most my mom put me down of the couch that first night and diapering me in pretty big n bulky cloth diapers and putting my plastic pants on (awhile before bedtime), then when it was bed time when I walked past Dad's easy chair he reach over and gave me a pat on my diapered rear and told me goodnight squirt. That fond pat I remember the most about that time in my life. Although I kind of look back and remember a few other pats til I got out of my diapers at 9, that first one I still fondly remember and think I can still feel it today!

Guest farenhyte452

i remember being diapered when i was little. even though i ws very young i remember loving being in wet diapers and even akc then inentionlly did things to cause leaks to make mommy mad at me and spank me. i loved being little and helpless to mommy's hands. a perfect day for me was to wake up to find mommy at work on my diaper region hving untaped the diaper and wiping the poopy off of my bottom area. wake up and see the little pile of messy wipes in on top of the poopy and i get all excited and start cooing (when i was little this happened). i liked to be chnged out of dirty diapers and into fresh ones. i wore diapers until 6 years old so i remember loving mommy wiping my poopy off all the while having her gently caress me so lovingly. then get fresh and padded and get up and she pats my bottom and hear the soft crinkle as she pats my bottom then midway throuhgh the day when she brestfed me i would get comfortable and relaxed on her chest drinking her milk i would slowy wet the diaper and try to make messy so she would pat me to feel the poop and take me to get changed. life was so good then it was okay to be smelly around mom and oky in general to be poopy. the last years of my diapers i was 7 and allowed still to roma the house in the diaper only and it was so great and cute to walk around with a fist size poopy lump tugging downward on my diper and me have to hold it with my one hand while sucking the other thumb. and now whenever i make poopy i coo and gaga, no matter who i am around. i have been heard cooing in the public restrooms by strangers nd have been heard cooing and gagaing by my preacher who doesn't like my poopy diapers like i do one time in the church bathroom. the best mix for a good day is wake up very wet and slightly messy, suck my thumb for awhile, then go out in poopy diaper and go see places and if driving coo the whole way.i love cooing like a widdle baby mkes me horny.