LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

About Cleanup

Guest Saturnine

Guest Saturnine

Hey, I went to bed last night after an exhausting day and of course as we all do, we diaper up for bed. I diapered up and went to sleep. Sadly I suffer from some sleep disorder cuz I can't stay asleep for long and spend hours reading to try to go back. I was reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince again if anyone cares to know. Anyway I started dozing off bue never went back to sleep. I was thinking at that point wide awake, and haven't had memory of messing myself. It had been quite some time (possibly over a year) since I messed so I went ahead and messed my diaper and strangley fell back asleep. That was weird, for sure. Fleeting thought: maybe messing or wetting in bed makes you sleepy.

Well anyway the point of the topic: since it had been so long since I properly messed myself, I kinda forgot just how messy it can really be. And so I wasn't sure the best way to cleanup. I know showers are a must, even if you haven't messed a diaper showers are still important for health. I didn't have any wipes either, stupid me, so i used quite a bit of paper towels (two rolls!!) And since I couldn't flush them down the toilet because you know what I mean we all have clogged toilets before.

Anyway, does anyone have some tips for efficient cleanup after a fresh messed diaper? I ask because since it did help me sleep I will try it again tonight. And I just want to get feedback on cleanup and advice.

Also, what is the way you have found to git rid of the stench odor fter a mess, and more specifically a mess from overnight that longered for hours before waking? I like being clean and my place being clean which one can see is odd since I occassionaly like messing my diapers.

I have tried febreeze today, didn't work. I'm pretty sure the can was crying from all the spray I took from it.

And cleanup, like I said, I take showers, had to use paper towels to wipe down, and other things.

I want to know this because I plan on messing again tonight to help me sleep and honestly prefer NOT to wake up to the foul odor a good messing produces. Thanks, I hope you have some advice to cut down on hassle of messy cleanups.

Get a detachable shower-head. I don't use any wipes or paper-towels since they just do what the shower will do anyway.

As for the smell, poop is an extremely pungent odor and the only effective means to get rid of it is to open a window and wait it out. Either that, it cover it up with loads of chemicals, but that smells bad too.

I generally don't mess at night, mostly just wet. But i have found that burning a candle, the kind that elimnates oders ,smoke etc works well and rather quickly.I don't suggest you burn it over nite just for safety reasons but they do work well. Open a window ' use a fan all good. As for clean up wipes if you need but a good shower is still the best I have a small apt. so when i mess which can be alot of the time the candles beally help . good luck :whistling:

Guest Saturnine

Well my god Goden, it never occured to me to get a detachable shower head. Its convenient tryng your best to get the shower water to get down there when it's up "there".

About opening windows, that only helps to get the air clear. Nature requires bad smells to linger and become imbedded in things. So naturally when you mess, while you can clean the air, it lingers n your bed and everywhere the odor can reach.

Well, an update: I did have troble sleeping so around 4 AM after hours of struggling to sleep I messed myself and strangely dozed off and didn't wake up until 11 AM which is really cool I don't typically get that much sleep. I am thinking, unless circmstance intereves, am thinking about messing every night before going to bed. Can't explain it....but two nights ago WAS the first time in some time I messed a diaper. Definately better than Ambien, which just makes you feel like crap the whole day.

This way just makes you sleep in crap the whole night! :D Sorry, couldn't help it *slaps self*

Actually tho, there is a hormonal/neurological balance that changes due to lots of things we find enjoyable, and it can certainly help you get to sleep. Sex is a big winner for many, the common comment is men fall asleep almost immediately afterward, which is a bit of a stereotype but whatever. Voiding one's bladder or bowels also triggers this system in the body, as does having a full stomach, and warming up.

It isn't comfortable, but a way I've found to knock myself out when I'm having trouble sleeping is: take a shower, and gradually turn down the temp until you're literally shivering. Stay in as long as you feel necessary, get your body temp down a bit. Then, dry off and hop under the covers. As you warm up, your body gets the 'sleep' signal and you go ni-ni. :) Well, at least it works for me, and I've read the science behind it, but can't recall it all now.

You definitely need something wet to clean up. Wipes, a wash cloth, or get in the shower. Make sure everything gets down the drain, the toilet, or tightly sealed in a plastic bag asap!

Guest Saturnine

You definitely need something wet to clean up. Wipes, a wash cloth, or get in the shower. Make sure everything gets down the drain, the toilet, or tightly sealed in a plastic bag asap!

Is toilet paper better to wipe down with than baby wipes? General consensus from you all.

And about using sealed baggies, I usually use them for the diaper. Since I started messing again I shower down after, and tae the diaper and scrape the contents into the toilet to flush, then used baggies (at least last two nights) to seal up the messed diaper to take off in the trash later. One thing is for sure it's nice to sleep, regardless of your method to do it. A period of time back I just played video games until I couldn't focus anymore and go to bed. At least for the last two nights I've gotten a great amount of sleep thanks to messing in the bed. I may skip tonight messing, as I have developed a small rash. Grrrr. :glare:

No, toilet paper is useless for any amount of poop. You need wipes. The problem with most baby wipes is they tend to be a bit small. There are some of the adult ones (and you have to check this carefully many are not) that are bigger and more appropriate.

You may want to consider chlorophyll. It may not eliminate the smell but it will reduce it greatly. I do this when I know that I will be messing to keep down the odor. Side effect - green stool. It may take a few days of build up for the chlorophyll to have the desired effect.

Adjusting your diet - less red meat, more fruits, perhaps - could help as well.

Regarding the smell Air Freshners, scented candles and a fan usually do the trick for me.

As for the mess, using the shower head is the best option, it clears the mess quickly and easily.

One more thing, get that stinky nappy out of the house ASAP, the smell will get worse day by day, made that mistake a few months ago, took a week to fully get rid of the smell.

It isn't comfortable, but a way I've found to knock myself out when I'm having trouble sleeping is: take a shower, and gradually turn down the temp until you're literally shivering. Stay in as long as you feel necessary, get your body temp down a bit. Then, dry off and hop under the covers. As you warm up, your body gets the 'sleep' signal and you go ni-ni. :) Well, at least it works for me, and I've read the science behind it, but can't recall it all now.

I do something similar with the programmable thermostat I have on my air conditioner.

When it gets close to bedtime, I have it set to lower the temperature so I'm a little chilly.

Then, when I get under the covers with my nice toasty warm little dog, I'm asleep before my head sinks into the pillow good. :thumbsup:

Of course I have it set to a more sane temperature well after I'm asleep....

A detachable shower head sure makes cleanup a lot easier, open a window and double bag the diaper then throw outside in the trash. These are the simple steps I take every time, no matter what you'll always have a little smell for a while. :whistling:

Guest Saturnine

No it's not fair to others and the onvironment to drop a shit filled diaper off out the window while driving. I for one would be peeved if I was walking along one day and found a festering diaper full of poop baking in the hot sun and stinking up nature. Do you do that??

No it's not fair to others and the onvironment to drop a shit filled diaper off out the window while driving. I for one would be peeved if I was walking along one day and found a festering diaper full of poop baking in the hot sun and stinking up nature. Do you do that??

Maybe he meant, go for a drive to drop it off in a dumpster somewhere. But if he did mean, just drop it out the window, then I'm with you. It's despicable. I hate litterers.

Guest Saturnine

I was unawares that people dumping poopy diapers along the road was a common problem.

Wait...community cleanup....do you mean "community service"? You weren't in trouble with the law were you? Hopeflly not for dumping poopy diapers. Ironyyyy....

When it comes to clean up I lay back on my change mat untape or un pin the dirty nappy and lift my legs, then with a roll of toilet paper handy I get stuck in and wipe off what I can then wet wipe.

sometimes I re nappy myself or if i have to go out i take a shower and clean up properly.

Ever hopefull my prince will come along and do it for me one day.

A hand held shower is a must for messy cleanup. Cloth diapers are washed immediately twice and an exhaust fan removes the lingering odors in a couple of hours. I do not use disposables or wipes regularly because of the enviromental issues, and the distance from here to the disposal site (12 miles).

A wet diaper helps me sleep better, while a messy one keeps me awake.

Guest Saturnine

I'm still not sure why my brain is reacting the way it is. A wet diaper makes me sleepy, and now I see a messy diaper makes me sleep good as well. I am not sure why being messy helps me sleep. I would have assumed several things would keep me up, such as the rotten stench or the itching that builds up through the night. But it works, and it relatively safer than drugs and alcohol. The world would be a better place if all we humans needed to get sleep was messing theirselves in bed before dozing off.

get a bunch of tupperware containers and fill them about 1/3 - 1/2 full with baking soda, place them around the room.. open a window, and have a fan facing OUT the window, so it pulls the air from the room out of the room... light some matches, let them burn down, blow them out and walk around the room, letting the sulfur smell waft about, get an air freshener that also KILLS the odor causing bacteria, not just eats it up...

as for clean up, take off diaper, use one or two flushable wipes to get any big poo off your body into the toilet, then shower...

heheheh or do what i did, and find a someone who will clean you up!!!

<br />You may want to consider chlorophyll.   It may not eliminate the smell but it will reduce it greatly.  I do this when I know that I will be messing to keep down the odor.  Side effect - green stool.  It may take a few days of build up for the chlorophyll to have the desired effect.<br /><br />Adjusting your diet - less red meat, more fruits, perhaps - could help as well.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I use nullo which you can get over the counter at pretty much any drug store. If it is not in stock, any of them should be able to order it for you. That, and drinking plenty of fluids and there isn't really any smell at all.

Guest Saturnine

Yes sarahab, I wish I could find one to change my messy diapers. It's a hassle to deal with and I would prefer to have a woman (preferably another man, though) change my messy diapers for me. It's a hassle what with the poop sticking to you down there. Having someone else's eyes down there seeing things I can't see myself would make it where I would become even cleaner, as I can't see everything down there and mmore likel than not I miss chunks of poop and end up staying on me through the day. Having another's eyes would make messing cleanup far easier, and honestly wipes were made to be used by a person on another person, not for one person to use on themselves. Wipes get poopy, and it becomes a hassle trying to figure out where the poopy chunks remain.

I do wish I could find a man to change my messy diapers. Less of a chance getting my poopy under my fingernails if I don't have to deal with it at all. Just lift the legs and suck the thumb while daddy wipes my tushy clean like a baby. :crybaby:

• 4 weeks later...

When i have a messy diaper i get on the bed sometimes with a changing pad on my knees not lying down. It is way way harder lying down. Then when i unfasten the diaper i can squat so it rests on the bed and i lift my bum out of the diaper. then taking the back of the diaper i wipe off as much as possable. Then i stand up and lift one leg onto the bed. I use 2 wipes untill most of the mess is cleaned up. I use baby wipes because the adult ones are for what iv found not much bigger or thicker but 3x the price if not more. When the thick poo is gone wipe till you dont see color on the wipes....if you cant shower anyway. In public the same can be done in a bathroom stall but i would not kneel on that floor...dont worry about imbaresment leaving the stall the smell will empty the bathroom. But if at all possable shower...at least wash up after very well or you may get very sick but that goes with out saying almost.

As for the smell .. fabreeze is godly.

as for someone els changing me. I wont ask anyone to do that its just too much to ask for. if someone offers than they know what they are getting into. If you have a partner who supports this life style you know how lucky you are dont push it and try to get them to do this if they resist.