LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The New Dyson Air Multiplyer Bladeless Fan

Um... I know it is EXTREMELY off topic to the rest of you, but have you guys seen that new Dyson Bladeless fan. I saw it at Sears today and thought "I need to buy one.". Unfortunately, if you have seen, they are $300+ and are not worth it. Just thought I'd say...

:thumbsup:

But how does it move the air???

I saw one a few weeks back. It was pretty nifty... although hardly useful to me, considering I have AC.

-Sophie

Fans are particularly useful if you're cutting back on the AC (or if the person paying the bills is particularly stingy with the AC), or if the AC goes out, or if you have poor air circulation in the house. I'm fortunate, in that my house has a good ceiling fan that keeps the air circulating perty well though most of the house. But, I use fan in my bedroom, since I can't sleep with the door open (just of those things that bugs me to death if I leave it open, even though I only have to worry about the dogs dogs coming into the bedroom).

300 dollars?!? That is one expensive blow job

I wonder just how they work...

They produce a thin jet of high-speed air which drags the rest of the air with it. Aircraft can use a "blown flap" to achieve the same effect.

I only have to worry about the dogs dogs coming into the bedroom

Why not teach then to sleep on the floor of you room and to stay off the beds? My dogs aren't allowed on any furniture and they stay off all of it including the bed. I'd rather have them in my room with in the chance the someone breaks into my house. The dogs can attack while I prepare to do even worse to the intruder(s).

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

The phrase that springs to mind is "A fool and his money are easily parted". $300 for something that does exactly the same job as a $6.99 desk fan from Walmart? I think I'll pass :P

It's still a fan, they just hide the blades in the base. Apparently they're very noisy and use pretty much the same amount of juice too.

A ship is just a car, they just hide the wheels in a cupboard.

:P

Except a boat and a car have a different designed purpose (land travel/sea travel before anyone just says 'travel' :P)

A desk fan and the $300 status symbol fan have exactly the same purpose - to blow air around the room. It's a fan for people who own an iPad :P

They produce a thin jet of high-speed air which drags the rest of the air with it. Aircraft can use a "blown flap" to achieve the same effect.

I figured that it operated along the same idea as a jet engine *shrug* but for $300 a pop, it sounds more like a "money multiplier' than anything else :P If someone could invent something like that, it would be great! :D ( I guess those are called ATM machines today)

I also didn't know the inventor had been knighted....thats kindof impressive unto itself ;)

it sounds more like a "money multiplier' than anything else :P If someone could invent something like that, it would be great! :D

Oh, they invented the money multiplier *years* ago, you just can't buy one yourself. They look like this:

monkeyboy_375x500.jpg

The local government spend a couple of thousand putting it up and it prints many thousands more every year! Magic!

:whistling:

• Like 1

Dyson Fan? No thanks.

But I wouldn't give up my Dyson DC-25 for anything! Their vacuums are amazing! I can't wait until they come out with a shop-vac styled one.

The phrase that springs to mind is "A fool and his money are easily parted". $300 for something that does exactly the same job as a $6.99 desk fan from Walmart? I think I'll pass :P

Apparently, It's supposed to cut down on the "choppped air" feeling.

chopped air?? what "chopped air"?? a fan 'blows' air in a constant stream...It sounds like they are just trying to create a demand for something that really doesn't exist. How many times have you heard anyone comment about a fans function " I wish that thing wasn't so 'choppy" :huh: or why can't it blow a smoother stream of air...A fan blows and moves air in a constant stream....what more do you want?? sheesh :P

[/quote

What feeling is worse. chopped air or shredded bank account?

Then too, there is lacerated moth from the hook: The FISH hook

If they threw in a Veg-O-Matic and a few Ginsu knives I just might try one-NOT!!! :P

There are better mousetraps that the spring-loaded finger-snappers we're so familiar with :angry: so why don't you see them? Because they're not worth the extra possible benefits, just like this fan :blush: My $12.00 20 inch box fan moves a lot of air reasonably quietly and is on it's 3rd year of continuous spring-thru-fall operation in my window :D The last one like it is 5 years old and still as nice as new :) So for the Dyson fan to equal mine it would have to last 25 years under the same harsh conditions and somehow I doubt that it could even come close. If you just gotta have it to impress someone, then get it- and know that many of us will be impressed, just not with quite the impression you hoped we'd have :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I mean how good can this company be? Their fans blow and their vacuum cleaners suck.

I mean how good can this company be? Their fans blow and their vacuum cleaners suck.

:roflmao:

I've seen these at Best Buy months ago. It was awe inspiring. It would be cool to have one but I looked at the price tag. :(

They are a slightly quieter, safer (no blades), and a hell of a lot easier to clean (no cage to disassemble). But for $10, my Kmart Blizzard fan does fine. It even has a remote. I'm a lazy bastard.

Why not teach then to sleep on the floor of you room and to stay off the beds? My dogs aren't allowed on any furniture and they stay off all of it including the bed. I'd rather have them in my room with in the chance the someone breaks into my house. The dogs can attack while I prepare to do even worse to the intruder(s).

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

My dogs learned quickly to stay off the bed. However, they have yet to learn not to wake me up at 3am because I'm there and I haven't been paying enough attention to them... They've got the run of the house while I'm asleep, so anyone breking in will have to deal with a pair of pissed-off dogs while said dogs' owner is loading the rifle...

chopped air?? what "chopped air"?? a fan 'blows' air in a constant stream...It sounds like they are just trying to create a demand for something that really doesn't exist. How many times have you heard anyone comment about a fans function " I wish that thing wasn't so 'choppy" :huh: or why can't it blow a smoother stream of air...A fan blows and moves air in a constant stream....what more do you want?? sheesh :P

It's supposed to have more to do with the sound oscillation or something... Apparently, the Dyson fans won't make you talk funny when you talk into them, or something...