LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worst Star Trek Episodes

The worst was the original pilot episode where Spock fairly shouted instead of speaking at a regular volume :o I don't know whose idea that was but thankfully it ended there :lol: That episode wasn't included in the national series release, but I understand that it did air in limited test markets so it might qualify here huh.gif Had it been in the national series release we wouldn't be talking about Star Trek now, it would have been canceled immediately thereafter- yes, it was that bad crybaby.gif There's never been a bad regular episode of any Star Trek series- only some that were not as good as some others :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I do not like the newer "next generation" series.

I like the old TV series that began in 1966. I remember watching the first run in black and white. We did not have a color television until I was 20 years old.

It was a low budget operation in the Gene Roddenberry days. It was kind of neet to see some guest actors too.

It you watch the old TV series, you can see where the props were recycled.

Worst episodes? Hmm.....TOS: "And the Children Shall Lead"......TNG: "The Naked Now"...DS9: unknown; I'll have to give it some thought....VGR: same answer...ENT: same amswer....lol

Worst episodes? Hmm.....TOS: "And the Children Shall Lead"......TNG: "The Naked Now"...DS9: unknown; I'll have to give it some thought....VGR: same answer...ENT: same amswer....lol

Hmm... this is actually a pretty good topic; Trek has a large enough episode library (720 total I believe,) that there are plenty of duds mixed in with the gems, so allow me to run through a few that weren't up to par, as well as a few that made me want to beam to another channel:

TOS: Spock's Brain: No matter how Vulcan physiology works, it doesn't, or at they very least it shouldn't work like that. I would admittedly rather watch And the Children Shall Lead, sleep-deprived, for 24 hours straight, than watch Spock's Brain once in one full sitting. Runner's up include series finale Turnabout Intruder, as well as The City on the Edge of Forever, which wasn't really a "bad" episode so much as it was an overrated episode that's been played to death.

TNG: I can't remember the name, but it involves Worf (At least I think it's Worf,) stuck in some sort of temporal loop reliving the same day several times; the episode is confusing and contrived and rubbed me the wrong way from day one: At least Spock's Brain had a memorable title, but this episode was so bad that I can't even remember what it was called. It really irked me because it was a rip-off of the far superior Time Squared, which had aired just a few seasons earlier. Runner's up include The Royale, which was just an overall lousy episode, as well as series finale All Good Things..., which wasn't a "bad episode," so much as it was a "bad" series finale. Much like Turnabout Intruder, All Good Things... simply lacked any closure, and while I realize that Generations necessitated an open-ended finale, I felt that All Good Things... was a bit too open-ended, making it feel just like any other episode.

DS9: The Changing Face of Evil: The sad thing is that The Changing Face of Evil was nearly a perfect episode, and clearly had the potential to be one of the best DS9 episodes ever. That is of course, up until the point where the writer's made the incredibly short-sighted decision to have the newly reintroduced Breen, and their newly introduced energy-dampening weapon destroy the "U.S.S Defiant." What followed was rather painful proof that this was a stupid decision, and in the next episode or so, a new Defiant-class starship is introduced, and retroactively re-named "Defiant."

Let me be clear, the only reason that The Changing Face of Evil even makes this list is because of the ridiculously contrived destruction of the Defiant. The end-result of this poor decision is a string of "continuity glitches" that occur on screen for the final few episodes of DS9. First, the new Defiant-class ship's dedication plaque reads its original name and registry number. Early on this is fine, as we can assume that Captain Sisko hadn't had the chance to replicate a plaque that read "Defiant," and accurately represented the ship, but it's the type of continuity error that Star Trek producers usually are good at avoiding. Second, the exterior of the ship still reads "U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205," because "new" footage shot of the "new" ship, still had to be shot with the "old" model to match stock footage that would be used throughout the show's final episodes. The end result of destroying the Defiant in The Changing Face of Evil is a continuity glitch that simply is inexcusable and didn't need to happen. Ira Behr, one of DS9's executive producers has stated that in his mind, both the ship and the dedication plaque were changed along with the name so that they read "U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205-A," even though this change never happened on screen. Unfortunately, unless we get a "DS9-Remastered," this change will never happen on screen, and the "Defiant-A" will always be a glaring continuity error caused by a stupid decision in The Changing Face of Evil.

Ira Behr also tried to rationalize the destruction of the Defiant, by stating that the ship was destroyed for the same reason that the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Odyssey was at the end of season two; just as the destruction of the Odyssey showed that the Jem'Hadar were a force to be reckoned with, the destruction of the Defiant was to show that the Breen were just as much so. The problem here is that this message could have just as easily been delivered, and was just as easily delivered, by the destruction of several other ships at the same time as the destruction of the Defiant. Destroying the Defiant itself was a stupid decision, or at the very least, part of a larger stupid decision. Behr and the writer's should have either not destroyed the Defiant, reworked the script so that any scene with the destruction of the Defiant occurred during What You Leave Behind, or destroyed the Defiant as planned, and then written future scripts so that the crew would have have to do without their previous ship, perhaps serving onboard a Klingon vessel, or onboard a different Federation starship, and receiving a properly painted "Defiant-A" at the very end of What You Leave Behind. Any of these alternatives would've been preferable to the destruction of the Defiant in The Changing Face of Evil.

As a final thought on the subject, it's worth noting that the destruction of the Defiant took place at the height of a phase where it seemed like writers had been purposely destroying starships for the sake of destroying starships, whether or not it added anything to the plot. This was around the same time that the Voyager episode Year of Hell Parts 1 & 2 aired, although it was always understood that destroying the U.S.S. Voyager would ultimately have to result in some form of "reset-button" plot in order for the show to continue, in this case we were treated to a pre-destination paradox. Furthermore, this "blow it up, explosions are cool" mentality really started with the Enterprise-D in Generations, persisted throughout most of DS9, and ultimately ended after the destruction of the first "Delta Flyer" in Voyager. The writer's of The Changing Face of Evil should have taken a cue from Star Trek: First Contact, where both the Enterprise-E and the Defiant were heavily damaged, but never actually destroyed. Even in Star Trek: Insurrection, which may or may not have been written and/or filmed before The Changing Face of Evil, the Enterprise-E suffers heavy damage, but isn't actually destroyed. Likewise, well after DS9, and right after VOY, in Star Trek: Nemesis, the Enterprise-E takes more damage than ever before, but is still ultimately spared from destruction, and we see her being repaired in orbit above Earth by the time that the film ends. All of this serves to underscore my point that destroyed the Defiant was stupid and ruined what was an otherwise perfect episode of DS9. As for anymore bad episodes, there are no runners up that I can really think of.

VOY: Threshold: You know an episode is bad when the person who wrote it suggests that it should be struck from continuity, and ignores its existence in all future episodes. Enter Threshold, the VOY episode that was panned even by the people who created it, as well as by general viewers, and VOY fans such as myself. This episode was Voyager's "off day," its proverbial Spock's Brain if you will, and boy does it show. Even if you ignore the fact that Threshold violates virtually every law of physics, ignores every major piece of Trek continuity, and could have effectively returned Voyager to the Alpha Quadrant safely, (albeit as a crew of lizards,) you still can't ignore the fact that the plot was absolutely terrible. This episode is, pardon the pun, universally panned, and it deserves to be. If you're new to Trek or don't know why Threshold is considered a bad episode, I suggest watching it once, but you really have to be a masochist to watch it a second time.

ENT: Almost the entire second season, a good portion of the first season, and the series finale: It's probably easier to list what episodes of Enterprise were "good" rather than what episodes of Enterprise were "bad." Rick Berman and Brannon Braga released a half-baked series that they knew needed more time in development, and the end result was this mess we call Enterprise. The first season was pretty bad, but most Trek shows have a pretty bad first season as they find their footing, and even TNG's first season was considered poor in comparison to the others, so I was willing to give ENT a second chance. The second season was absolutely nauseating, and it was admittedly the first time that I ever contemplated changing the channel midway through an episode of Star Trek, or at the very least, mid-way through a new episode. Oh sure, there were a few good stand-alone stories, and the season premiere and finale were pretty good, but that doesn't excuse the other 90% of the season being total drivel. (ENT's third and fourth seasons seemed to progressively improve, but it was admittedly too little too late after the mess that season two created.) What really hurt Enterprise though was the fact that Berman and Braga had been working on some form of Star Trek since the 1980s, and that you could tell that they had used up their creative energy while they were finishing up VOY. The two aforementioned executive producers clearly became drunk with power, and ultimately stopped allowing freelance writers, many of whom were fans, to submit scripts to the show. Now it's worth noting that most shows don't allow writers to submit unsolicited scripts, and during VOY a change was made which prohibited writers from submitting unsolicited scripts for Trek as well, but this was different. What Berman and Braga effectively did was make it so that no outside writers, even those with agents, would be allowed to submit scripts to Enterprise, and all episodes would be written "in house" by the show's internal writing team. In the past, many of Trek's best episodes, as well as many of its most popular episodes, had all been written by freelance writers, many of whom were really Trek fans masquerading as freelance writers. These people helped to keep the show both interesting and alive and well in the ratings, because they offered new and diverse viewpoints, which were essentially a creative breath of fresh air. With ENT, that additional level of creativity was lost, and with it, so was viewer interest and subsequently Trek's previously high ratings. Rick Berman was never meant to be a writer; he was brought onto TNG by Paramount to serve as executive producer, and to keep Gene Roddenberry from doing what Paramount considered "meddling" with a show that was receiving high ratings. Berman was an accountant, and that's ultimately what he did best, he kept the show on budget. Brannon Braga was always a writer, he had his hand in First Contact, as well as in every Trek series from TNG-ENT. When left on his own, or paired with another writer like Ronald D. Moore or Jeri Taylor, Brannon Braga was a pretty good writer. Even the shows that he wrote after Enterprise, such as Threshold and FlashForward were considered pretty good by their fans, even though they generally didn't do well in the ratings. However, when Berman and Braga were paired with each other, the result was always disasterous; they served as "yes-men" for one another, and Enterprise was the ultimate culmination of what was really a match made in hell. Neither executive producer could admit when they were wrong, nor could they tell the other executive producer that he was wrong, and when they wound up appointing themselves head writers and rubber-stamping their own work, they created a giant mess out of what could've been a pretty decent show. The series finale, These Are the Voyages... is probably the best example of Berman and Braga at their worst. Rather than producing Manny Coto's three-part version of Terra Prime, which was intended to be a season finale, but was written so that it could also be a series finale, Berman and Braga simply had to interfere one final time. First, they condensed Coto's Terra Prime into a two-part script, which was still excellent, and still could have ended the show, and still could have let them write one standalone episode, but they (Berman and Braga,) stubbornly insisted on writing the series finale. Now keep in mind, Manny Coto had done a pretty good job of cleaning up the mess that Berman & Braga had made together, and had really turned ENT into a watchable and generally enjoyable show. While Berman and Braga were content with letting him write a season finale, they weren't content with letting him write a series finale, and since he was relatively new to the writing team, he really didn't have the power to argue with Berman and Braga. What Berman and Braga did next was inexcusable, they effectively took the general outline for the end of Terra Prime, mixed in a story set within the story of the TNG episode The Pegasus, and set their new "hybrid" series finale on the holodeck of the Enterprise-D, with Riker and Troi effectively watching (and participating in) a series of events set about ten years after the events seen in Terra Prime. The end result of this mess was These are the Voyages..., which would've made an excellent standalone, non-series finale episode, but made an absolutely cringe-inducing series finale. It didn't help that many fans, as well as the actors involved with ENT, felt that dragging two TNG cast members into the final episode of the show was really insulting to the aforementioned cast members, and to ENT as a whole. I consider this episode to be one of the worst because it's placement and timing was terrible, and it effectively disgraced a very good TNG episode and the cast of an entire series.

So there you have it, Spoonchicken. That's my list of what are some of the worst Trek episodes to date. Some are worse than others, and some really just have one scene that ruins an otherwise great episode. Of course, all shows have their "off" day, and Trek is no exception.

• Like 1

I'd say it's a toss-up between the origional and DS9. Both of them suck like a supermassive black hole. Not that any of the other series are much better... Still, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise are alright time-passers for the most part. Though, some of them get a bit preachy with their future ideals...

Great post, Maxi.....permit me a response.....On TOS: Yeah, "Turnabout Intruder" & "Spocks Brain" definitely suck....very good points there..."City on the Edge"....again; you make a good point, and I am forced to reluctantly agree far more than I can disagree with it....TNG: I know the episode you're referring to. It's not a time-travel episode, it's a parallel-universe episode. I think it was a rather well-done episode, and I liked it, in spite of the fact that your point remains valid. It DID kinda seem like they "re-hashed" something, and something done "recently" as well(People shifting from one sort of reality to another; regardless of the exact methods used.)..."The Royale"? Yeah, ...."lousy" might be too strong a word to use, but not by much!..."All Good Things...": I thought it was a great script & story, but it was only "80%" the episode it could have been. Still, it worked fine for me. As for closure, none was needed. The story wasn't over yet; it was simply changing formats from the small screen to the big screen. Regarding your thoughts on the DS9 episode "Changing Face of Evil"...: Thanks for pointing out the continuity errors. I've never noticed them! And I always thought I had a good eye for such things (I know of several glaringly apparent mistakes like that in the most recent movie). However, the error in question doesn't damage or compromise the overall story, therefore it's a glitch that's easily ignored for the sake of pushing foward with the plotlines of the story itself. Concerning the "wanton and gratuitous destruction of starships"...I both agree & disagree. I disgree because I think every series must be considered entirely within its own parameters. Just because TNG, VGR, and DS9 all take place at the same time, they are entirely different kinds of stories and story-telling. Within each series, I believe that the amount and kinds of destruction were appropriate to the stories being told. However, I do agree about the overall timing. It DID sorta seem as though all three production teams were hell-bent on blowing stuff up. As a quick side note on the Starship Enterprise in particular....they couldn't very well get away with destroying it again so soon. They just did so in both ST3 (Search for Spock) and "Generations"!!!...Voyager "Threshold": 100% agreed. What a SHIT episode! ...AS for wht "Enterprise" was so bad.....again; 100% agreement with everything you said, with the following thought added (although you touched on it yourself)...I think Paramount "milked the Star Trek cash cow to temporary death" with Enterprise, and they pushed too hard & too fast for the same financial bonaza that the previous Treks resulted in. They fucked it all up! Oops....Hollywood got too greedy, and it blew up in their faces...PS: I really need to learn how to indent new paragraphs...lol

• Like 2

The worst was the original pilot episode where Spock fairly shouted instead of speaking at a regular volume :o I don't know whose idea that was but thankfully it ended there :lol:...That's a case of poor directing by the director...and yes, it was annoying! lol...and that pilot episode "The Cage" WAS shown later as part of a two-part episode later on (Spock commits mutiny by hijacking the Enterprise to take Captain Pike back to Talos 4)...Getting cancelled as a result of the quality of the pilot? Almost, but instead, the network did something never before done, and never done afterwards ever since, either.....they bought & paid for a second pilot episode! Thta second effort sold the series to NBC ("Where No Man Has Gone Before"). Lastly, and with all due respect.....yes, there have been some flat-out "bad" episodes of Trek in every series....*ducks out the way of flying objects hurtling towards him at warp speed...*

....*ducks out the way of flying objects hurtling towards him at warp speed...*

Klingons travel at Worf speed :rolleyes::P:lol: Yeah, some weren't so hot but there was something to like in all of them for me :) Dad hated Star Trek but let us kids watch it anyway since it was the only time we were actually quiet :whistling: Haven't sen the newer stuff but Hollywood does have a habit of trying to milk every dime from an idea until it kills it :o Maybe they won't manage to do that here ;)

Bettypooh

TNG: I know the episode you're referring to. It's not a time-travel episode, it's a parallel-universe episode. I think it was a rather well-done episode, and I liked it, in spite of the fact that your point remains valid. It DID kinda seem like they "re-hashed" something, and something done "recently" as well(People shifting from one sort of reality to another; regardless of the exact methods used.)...

Spoonchicken, let me say that I pretty much agree with everything that you posted, but I wanted to touch on this section in particular. You're correct, this was an actual parallel universe episode rather than a "time travel disguised as a parallel universe" episode, and as a standalone episode it's really not that bad. However, when it first aired, and when watched "in order," it feels like it was a poor attempt to pad out the season by rehashing a common plot-device, rather than creating a truly new episode. I think that the timing is what really killed this one for me, but as I noted before, it's fine as a standalone episode watched out of order. Unfortunately, I like to watch episodes of TV shows "in order," and often in "blocks" of anywhere from two to five episodes on average, which is probably why this episode still gets to me.

What killed me with Enterprise was the fact that the production staff wasted the potential of really good time travel concept. Here we had a temporal cold war that could supposedly alter history and/or create parallel universes. What's more, this temporal cold war was essentially part of the "foundation" of Enterprise's plot structure as a whole. Enterprise itself felt like a contradiction to what we knew about the established Trek universe, and the temporal cold war felt like it was going to be the way to explain away the aforementioned contradiction. Instead of really using this plot-device to its fullest potential though, I always felt that the writers squandered it, and used it to do nothing more than tease fans. I kept waiting for the big "Woah!" moment where something was going to make the temporal cold war make sense. I always thought that at some point, we were going to learn that Enterprise itself wasn't supposed to exist, and that the crew was going to have to cope with forever altering history or perishing in some significant battle that would restore the timeline and/or push Enterprise itself into an alternate reality. I kept thinking that "future guy" could have been someone who we were already familiar with who was looking to preserve the timeline that we were familiar with. Needless to say, nothing even remotely resembling what I (and several others) were expecting ever happened, "future guy" threw off more shadows than light, and an excellent plot-device was ruined because the writers squandered it.

Regarding the "wanton and gratuitous destruction of starships," I think that you made excellent points there as well. To me, The Changing Face of Evil was really a great episode if you effectively ignore the destruction of the Defiant. It's less that this was a "bad" episode than it was an excellent episode that had one really large flaw in it. Part of the reason that we saw the aforementioned "wanton and gratuitous destruction of starships" across the board was because of the mentality that "it worked on DS9," but the other part was the fact that Paramount had really just begun to use digital models on a regular basis, and they wanted to show off just what they could do with them. The end result was battle damage for the sake of battle damage, and the destruction of starships for the sake of destroying starships. This was a great example of "the rule of the instrument," and while it fit the plot of DS9, it really didn't work for a show like VOY.

As far as the movies are concerned, the destruction of starships was generally allowed as long as the plot dictated it. First Contact's plot pretty much prohibited the destruction of the Enterprise-E; the ship had to return to the 24th Century in order for the next film to be produced, and there was really no other way to do so than with the Enterprise-E. The moment that I knew the ship was safe and another TNG movie would be produced was when Picard joked that "There are plenty of other letters left in the alphabet." Similarly, destroying the Defiant wasn't an option; it had to survive for the next episode of DS9, and this was something that was taken into account during production. Initially a ship known as the U.S.S. Endeavor was to be "sacrificed" to the Borg in the first scene of the movie, but the script was rewritten and this scene revised to replace the Endeavor with the Defiant so that Worf could be brought aboard the Enterprise-E. Blowing up the Enterprise-E in Insurrection was indeed a possibility that was played with, but ultimately rejected because the destruction of the Son'a ship was intended to fill the same role that the destruction of the Enterprise-E would have as an "epic battle scene." Rather than destroy the Enterprise-E, the writers simply opted to have it heavily damaged in battle, and to lose it's warp core in the process. The thought was that if it was decided that destroying the ship was a good idea, this scene could be revised in a future draft of the script. Furthermore, the movie contracts for the TNG cast ran out with INS, so no one was really sure if another TNG film would be done. Nemesis was produced with a new set of single-movie contracts, with the possibility of extending those contracts as long as the cast agreed and the movie did well. Again, the possibility of destroying the Enterprise-E was feasible, and Rick Berman was even pushing for John Logan to work the idea into his script. Remember, this is when Berman and Braga were essentially acting like Bevis and Butthead, and were ignoring common sense. Logan, who was known for his work on action films, was adamant that he didn't want to destroy the Enterprise-E, because ironically, doing so would be "too much action," as he put it. Logan decided that it would be better to have the Enterprise-E ram the Scimitar, and subsequently damage it worse than ever before, but not actually destroy it (it being the Enterprise-E mind you.) Likewise, Logan felt that Data's "death" would be diminished and subsequently eclipsed by the destruction of the Enterprise-E, which is why he considered it "too much action." Several versions of the script planned to use the Enterprise-E in Spacedock as an "Establishing shot" for what was to be the final scene of the movie. The "alternate ending" was to come directly after this scene, and included the "seatbelt joke," shown in the deleted scenes. Other scenes of what happened to the rest of the crew were to be inter-cut with the scene on the bridge, culminating with Riker and Troi leaving for the U.S.S. Titan. The camera would then dolly out revealing Picard in command of a much younger crew, effectively a literal "next generation" if you will. After this, the camera would cut away to the viewscreen, revealing the U.S.S. Titan, and the ending would then mirror that of The Undiscovered Country, with the Enterprise turning toward one side of the screen and the Titan turning to the other, much like the Excelsior did. The ending was ultimately condensed and reworked, and the "establishing shot" of the Enterprise-E being repaired in spacedock ultimately became the final scene of the movie, replacing any actual scenes with the U.S.S. Titan. This scene was kept because Logan insisted that he wanted to make it clear that the Enterprise-E survived the battle with the Scimitar, and was definitely not destroyed. Berman agreed because the "ramming scene" served the purpose he intended the destruction of the Enterprise-E to serve.

Almost, but instead, the network did something never before done, and never done afterwards ever since, either.....they bought & paid for a second pilot episode! Thta second effort sold the series to NBC ("Where No Man Has Gone Before").

A couple of things I want to touch on here. First, the "adaptation" of The Cage that was shown on NBC during Trek's original airing was called The Menagerie, and has the distinct "honor" of being the only two-part episode of the original series. The remastered version of The Menagerie was screened for a very brief period of time (about two nights) back in 2008 in select theaters across the U.S., where it managed to draw in a pretty decent crowd for a rather limited screening.

The second thing that I wanted to touch on was the fact that this was not the last time that a network bought and paid for a second pilot episode of a TV series. FireFly's first pilot episode was called Serenity, but FOX didn't like it, and they too bought and paid for a second pilot episode, which became the series premiere and was known as The Train Job. Ironically, the complaint's about Serenity, and The Cage were almost identical, and boiled down to network execs believing that both shows didn't have enough action, and were too thought-intensive to paraphrase their wording. Likewise, a popular '90s children's TV show also had a second pilot produced that was bought and paid for by the network. Come to think of it, so did the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.

Actually, if you count the different versions of the pilot for aforementioned children's show, it's even more than two. There was the initial pilot version, the broadcast pilot version, a "condensed" version of the first pilot that was aired as part of a special, as well as an "extended" version of the broadcast pilot episode that was distributed to network affiliates. (The "extended" version featured one extended scene that was cut for time from the broadcast version.) Come to think of it, if you count the variations of each pilot for Trek, you might actually come up with a similar number of episodes:

1. The Cage: B&W/Color "Hybrid" version: This was restored from the original B&W print with the color footage "lifted" from The Menagerie; the original color print was thought to be lost sometime in the '80s and was found shortly after the B&W/Color "Hybrid" was released on VHS.

2. The Cage: Color version: Slightly shorter than the B&W version, one scene was "trimmed," quite possibly due to budget constraints.

3. Where No Man Has Gone Before: Alternate Version: This is likely what was shown to NBC after they initially ordered the second pilot episode. The opening sequence features a different monologue from Captain Kirk, different footage, and an extended scene in the Turbolift. Furthermore, the opening and ending theme songs are radically different from anything that we're familiar with, as are the opening credits, which only credit Shatner, Nimoy, and Roddenberry himself. (Kelly isn't credited as Dr. McCoy in this version.) What's more the episode title and the words "Act I" are superimposed over a still-frame directly after the opening credits. Similarly, the words "Act II" through "Act VI" I believe are superimposed over live footage after what would have been the end of each commercial break. Gene Roddenberry's "Norway Corporation" is mentioned prominently in this version of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" as well. For reasons unknown to me, this cut has never appeared on any commercial VHS or DVD release to the best of my knowledge. However, at least one person has released a "cammed" version of the first eight minutes and the end credits on YouTube, and other sources have confirmed that this is indeed a legitimate alternate take of the second pilot episode.

4. Where No Man Has Gone Before: Broadcast Version: This is the version that we're all familiar with. It's the version that's available on DVD and VHS, as well as the version that was broadcast nationwide when Trek officially premiered. This is also the version that was remastered along with the rest of the original series.

So basically, there are actually four known "original" variation's of Trek's pilot episode as well, excluding the remastered version, which really doesn't count in my book.

Finally, I don't think that it's possible to "indent" paragraphs on this forum, or on most (all?) other forums either. It is possible to separate paragraph's though, simply by hitting your return/enter key and leaving a blank space between them, which is what I believe that most of us do. "Indenting" actually indents a whole paragraph rather than the first few spaces of the aforementioned paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...

To sum up the whole of Enterprise, by way of the very talented singer Voltaire:

"They say that it's a prequel

Or so that's what it's called

It's such a bad idea you'd swear that Lucas was involved."

Also, I came in to mention the one where the laws of physics are broken six ways to Sunday and then they turn into lizards, but it seems like I was beaten to it.

I really wanted the last episode of Enterprise to be a time paradox where they had to go back and destroy the ship before it ever left spacedock in order to save Earth, thereby erasing the entire series storyline from existence. That still remains the only legitimate way that Archer's ship could have been named Enterprise, as the painting in the original NCC-1701 shows no ships between the Space Shuttle Enterprise and the Constitution Class Enterprise.