LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do You Put On Your Diaper

I recently posted a review of Abena Abri-Form X-plus diapers and some pictures of me in the particular diaper. Upon checking it the other day I noticed a post where someone critiqued my particular diapering technique, saying it was wrong because I angle the bottom tapes downward. She explained that the bottom tapes should be fastened to the diaper pointing in the upward direction, not pointed downward like I had it done. Am I in the wrong here? Personally, I like to point the tapes downward because I feel it ensures a tighter fit around the hips and butt. And everyone knows a tighter fit means fewer leaks.

All said and done, I wanna hear your opinions about the situation, based on your particular method. In the meantime, I will try a diaper with the tapes pointed more upward.

All said and done, I wanna hear your opinions about the situation, based on your particular method. In the meantime, I will try a diaper with the tapes pointed more upward.

I've heard that as well, I've always meant to try it, I tend to put the tapes almost parallel to the crease formed by the joint of my legs to body, I find that is the most comfortable position for me, but I'll have to try it another way. I too am of the school of enjoying a nice snug diaper ;)

the REAL answer is...... put on the diaper in a way that works BEST for YOU! every one has a different body... some diapers will work for you but not me etc.. so if pointing the tapes down works for you than that they way should put it on. ;)

• Like 1

I recently posted a review of Abena Abri-Form X-plus diapers and some pictures of me in the particular diaper. Upon checking it the other day I noticed a post where someone critiqued my particular diapering technique, saying it was wrong because I angle the bottom tapes downward. She explained that the bottom tapes should be fastened to the diaper pointing in the upward direction, not pointed downward like I had it done. Am I in the wrong here? Personally, I like to point the tapes downward because I feel it ensures a tighter fit around the hips and butt. And everyone knows a tighter fit means fewer leaks.

http://www.abena.sk/down/abena-app-form.pdf

http://www.medline.com/incontinence/videos/adult_brief.wmv

I was mostly funning, but that's what the manufacturer's instructions say!

Personally, I find that it makes the seat of the diapers more 'bowl shaped' and keeps it from cutting into my thighs/pelvis.

I find a body position of laying down best for getting a good fit too. I normally wear cloth and can get a better fit if laying down. This works for disposables too. If I try to diaper while standing I seem to leave the diaper looser and more likely to sag.

I tend to keep the bottom tapes horizontal and the upper tapes pointing downwards. But as Idatsea said, do what works best for you. Everybody's body is differently shaped and nothing beats trial, error and improvement for finding the best way to tape each different brand of diaper.

WallaWalla's link to the Abri-Form guide is interesting. I've never considered folding excessively long front wings back on themselves to shorten them. I'm only just into the medium range in most diapers so normally end up with extra wing at the back/sides. Might try that later on later (tonight feels like a 'diaper up and unwind' night :lol:). Also, the graphic for picking the right size (page 3) is hilarious :lol:

I prefer lying down, and depending on which nappy it is depends on the angle of the bottom tapes - for example Abena Xplus tapes are quite far apart, so I put the bottom one's pointing downward slightly (otherwise a little gap can open up and because I sleep on my side, leaks have happened). On the other hand Tena Slip tapes are closer, so both sets are pretty much straight from the wings.

I think the angles depend on size preference too - because even though Medium fits me just fine, I prefer Large, so the tapes extend much further in from my hips and if I pointed the bottom set up, the nappy would just feel like it was wide open.

Similar to what Idatsea said though, just experiment and see what works for you

By the way, that PDF is great.. *yoink* I'm the guy on the left, except I don't have pubic hair on my head :D

http://www.abena.sk/...na-app-form.pdf

http://www.medline.c...adult_brief.wmv

I was mostly funning, but that's what the manufacturer's instructions say!

Personally, I find that it makes the seat of the diapers more 'bowl shaped' and keeps it from cutting into my thighs/pelvis.

Haha I know. But Im always open to try new things, so where would you recommend I stick my tapes when I fasten up my next diaper.

Haha I know. But Im always open to try new things, so where would you recommend I stick my tapes when I fasten up my next diaper.

Hmm, that depends on your shape really. But, I generally try to angle the bottom tapes just slightly upward. Anymore than a 45 degree angle is too much, so somewhere between that and totally horizontal.

On me, they hit just inside of the edge of the padding, around where it curves(EDIT: referring to abena x-plus at least).

And while we're talking about it, another nifty trick I've found with molicares is fastening the top tapes first, THEN the bottom tapes. Every diaper and person is different really! It's like an art and a science rolled into one. :lol:

I like to stand up, drape the diaper down the front of me, cup it into my balls, tuck the front in between my stomach and my belt line, bend over, reach between my legs, grab the diaper from behind, pull it up, lean against the wall and secure/tape it. I kind of have a system and I guess the bottom line is I like to put them on standing up, leaning against the wall.

I always put my diaper on standing up. I hold the back waistband in back of my butt, grab the front waistband of the diaper and pull it up between my legs. Then I attach the top left tape first, pull the diaper tight and attach the top right tape. Then I tape the bottom tapes starting with the right tape, then the left one. Sometimes I take the top left tape loose and retape it tighter. It's always worked for me and I don't have to lean against a wall to put on my diapers.

I employ both methods....standing against a wall and lying down. However I tend to get a much better fit while lying down. Tapes are usually horizontal and I usually try to get the diaper to fit as tight as possible.

Sometimes I will even pre-tape the diaper together and put it on like a pull-up. I don't know why I started doing it that way but I find that its better to do it that way when I don't plan on 'using' the diaper for its intended purpose that day....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally I have good luck with standing and putting them on just holding it between my legs.. but maybe I'll give this laying down a try.. because standing I can never get it tight the first try, which is why I stay away from tapes on plastic and go with Velcro on cloth so I can re-adjust the tapes.

Guest rosemonde10

Lying down always. I don't know how some of you can defy gravity and change standing up. It's near impossible for me. Lying down also gives you chance to adjust tapes for tight and snug fit without losing adhesiveness.

Lying down always. I don't know how some of you can defy gravity and change standing up.

It's easy, you just need 4 hands... or a wall behind you :P

You position the diaper behind you, get it in the right place and pin it to the wall with your butt. Bring the front up, stick tapes, done. I probably do it that way no more than about 15% of the time though.

With practice, there's rarely any need to re-tape to get the fit right - practice makes perfect and you can eventually stick them in the right spot first time almost every time :)