LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered At Disneyland?

I came across this page at the Walt Disney World website, which features tips for parents on how to give their kids the best experience. I was surprised to read a number of comments from parents who claimed how important it was to have their kids diapered during those long waits in line, although I can understand why.

Has anyone here ever been diapered for a trip to Disneyland or some other amusement park in their childhood? What was your experience like?

I'm confused, why are you suprised at the amount of parents wanting to diaper there child for the long wait for the ride? its a common practice, I was diapered till i was 5 I think, for long drives.

I also diaper myself for when I go out to places by myself where I know I ant going to have access to a toliet.

#1: That is NOT the Walt Disney World website. It blatantly says "Unofficial" right at the top of the page.

#2: That website is ancient... and, much like "Bridal Diapers", I believe the stories of children older than 6 being diapered are fictitious.

• Like 1

I go to Disney A LOT! And the lines are not long enough.

My nieces ( 3, 5, and 6) have absolutely no problems with containing themselves when I've taken them recently... Plus a lot of the child rides have lines very conducive to having one parent run to the bathroom with a kid while another holds place in line. I've never seen a single person object to things like that, worker or visitor.

Now, myself on the other hand... I love going to disney with the gf and "playing"... Tom Sawyer's islnd

Clarifications:

1) Disneyland is in CA and WDW is in Florida. Big distance between them and different time zones so please, let's either group all amusement parks together or keep these separate.

2) It is not an official site, just one of the many sources of information and tips for people planning a visit to WDW.

3) The site doesn't recommend diapering potty trained children, but some of the tips from posters do.

4) The advice for diapers refer more to having the call of nature just when it's finally time to do the ride AFTER a long line, not so much about getting through a long line.

5) WDW is diaper friendly. My wife and I have entered many times with adult diapers in diaper bags with no questions and no problems. Yes, they were searched and the diapers were quite visible to the inspector. There are companion rooms, but we find the stalls in our respective gender bathrooms to be sufficient.

Come on down to WDW. Bring your diapers and diaper bag. Have a great time and the only thing I know you can't do as an adult is dress in a Disney character costume.

Aloha,

Honu

#1: That is NOT the Walt Disney World website. It blatantly says "Unofficial" right at the top of the page.

#2: That website is ancient... and, much like "Bridal Diapers", I believe the stories of children older than 6 being diapered are fictitious.

there are SOOOO SOOOO MANY unofficial fan run sites about disney world... and this site is for Disney WORLD in florida, which has drastically longer lines and drastically bigger parks.... just because it is not official does not mean it is not good. one of the best sites to go to for information and reviews on everything disney world offers is allears.net and it is fan run.

The website is not THAT ancient, as they have hotels up there that are less than 4-5 years old.... and since advice on how to take younger children to a resort area as large as disney world doesn't really go out of date.... i don't see how it being a few years old would be that bad.... Animal kingdom is up there, as is animal kingdom lodge and the all star resorts, both relatively new.

at any rate.... disney is very diaper friendly one because of the large amounts of families who have diaper age children and because of the large amount of families and patrons who had disabilities themselves which may require them to wear some sort of protection.

For me, having a five or six year old in pull ups at such a place is sort of like what we did in maine, when you put the kids in all their snow gear to go out in play, if they weren't in a pull up about five minutes after they get outside they'd have to go to the bathroom. and trust me, when you are getting four kids under the age of 6 ready to go outside and play ... its NOT an easy task, so having to bring them all in 5-10 mintues later, get them all undressed, than dressed again.. is SOOOO not worth it....

In response to several of the above posts:

Yes, I realize now that it is in fact an unofficial site for Walt Disney World. Yes, I am aware that the site is not advocating diapers for children, but that some of the parents leaving comments on the page are. And yes, I do know that WDW is in Florida. In retrospect, I would have probably written the OP as "Discuss your experiences with being diapered at amusement parks, were you ever diapered as a child during such trips, etc."

Apologies for the confusion, and thanks to everyone for their corrections. :thumbsup:

buuuut i HAVE worn diapers at disney world... on three different occasions (i.e. three separate trips) but only for a few hours on each of the trips.... one night each time, we'd go out to dinner and i'd have a diaper on underneath, then we would walk around a park for a while, then go back to the hotel and have hot hot diaper sex lol..

but i never went to amusement parks as a child, we didn't have any in maine.

• Like 1

Anyone ever used the first aid station to change? I've read on a couple of boards that they have a couple of rooms set aside with exam tables that can be used to change a diaper for older kids too big for the baby care centers or for adults who need assistance changing.

they do have tables in the first aid stations, primarily for patrons in wheelchairs who are unable to change themselves... and every bathroom area is equipped with a 'family' bathroom, which is a very large single bathroom. Patrons who are ambulatory are going to most likely use this room to change in. THe first aid stations are more for those in wheelchairs who need someone to assist them in their changing.

Disneyland opened to the public during the summer of 1955. I was not born until the summer of 1964. Several of my older relatives started working at Disneyland before it was finished and continued working there until they retired. In 1955 the I-5 freeway was not built, but my family home in Bellflower is close to the I-5, which did reach Disneyland when I was born. About that time my father was assigned as the factory representative of a major meat supplier to Disneyland. Consequently our family made many trips to Disneyland each year.

At first I was not toilet trained, so when I wet or pooped my diaper Mom or someone would change me. After I was toilet trained my bladder was still small and over-active. Mom tells me she always was nice when asking me to wear a diaper for such a trip "just in case" I well remember those conversations from shortly before I turned 4 and many years after that. When I was 12 I learned to pin on my own diapers, but we were living in Iowa that year. My day control was okay and besides I don't remember going to a theme park until we returned to Southern California a few weeks before I turned 13. The first time my father asked if I wanted to go with him on a sales call to Disneyland I ran to my room to pin on a diaper. At Disneyland I would release one side of that gauze diaper and slide it down along with my vinyl panties when I felt the need to go using a toilet. By the time I got home that diaper was damp mostly with my sweat.

That is how it has gone for me in many amusement parks since 1977. Nobody at a Disney park or any other such place ever embarrassed me or cause problems when I needed to change in a ladies room. I did not visit WDW in Florida until the summer of 1991, a month after my engagement to Don Davis. By then I knew Don was a Disney executive, but it was only at a gathering of my family that someone recognized Don as a designer of the original park. When Don admitted this he also mentioned he was part of the WDW design team. Possibly our reception at WDW was not typical of the average guest. Yet often I would be on my own while Don was having a meeting. I doubt that every WDW employee knew me by sight. My observation is all Disney guests are treated well so long as they follow the rules.

Using the same ladies rooms open to all guests at Disney parks all over, my observations are that the same percentage of girls are diapered now as when I was a kid. With pull-ups changing and using toilets is more discreet and easier for the girl and mother. Possibly the situation is more complicated for boys. I remember my father taking my younger brother to Disneyland men's rooms. I have no way of knowing how often that happens today. Don assures me all the men's rooms at all Disney parks were equipped with changing stations a long time ago. That is PC.

Is it possible the experiences of girls who wet differs from that of boys? Could this explain why some members are against just-in-case diapers? What percentage of those DD members who are anti just in case diapers have actually been responsible for supervising children at amusement parks?

• Like 1

Is it possible the experiences of girls who wet differs from that of boys? Could this explain why some members are against just-in-case diapers? What percentage of those DD members who are anti just in case diapers have actually been responsible for supervising children at amusement parks?

I think it has more to do with their having a diaper fetish - so they feel creepy even thinking of convenience diapering a child and believe all diaper experiences are made up.

I don't know Angela - My parents never suggested 'just in case diapers' -unfortunately I was easy to potty train despite not wanting to be. I'd like to think I would have snatched up the opportunity if it was offered, but who knows? I know I daydreamed as a kid of a way to try and get put back into diapers, that I was so jealous of any kids still in diapers that I didn't want to be around them. Sadly I never had the courage to try any of my schemes so I waited until I was old enough to ride a bike to the store to buy diapers in my teens and then once I had them I felt soooooooooo guilty for being a freak (Back before internet).

Sarah_AB - I get that more ambulatory people would want to change in the regular restrooms - and I get that the companion restrooms are great for that too. There is just something appealing about someone else changing you, on your back to boot. So it's kind of a little dream that I want to be changed like that. Plus it seems like there would be situations in which being changed prone would be easier on the person helping as opposed to being changed standing. All of this is a moot point as there is currently no to change my diapers (*cry*). But if I did have someone to change me and I was in Disney World then I think at some point I would like them to change me on one of the changing tables (Exam tables if you must)

I'm confused, why are you suprised at the amount of parents wanting to diaper there child for the long wait for the ride? its a common practice, I was diapered till i was 5 I think, for long drives.

I also diaper myself for when I go out to places by myself where I know I ant going to have access to a toliet.

I'm not sure its as widely used, as you think... For most of us, this is an unheard-of situation. A lot of parents thought diapers were a bad thing (and some still do) and would never consider putting their kids back in them, unless there was some medical reason to do so. And many would be reluctant at that. Around here, it's rare that a kid would be in diapers past 2. And any parent admitting to something like putting their kid back in diapers for car trips or waiting in lines would be heckled at least as much as the kid would be by their peers, or worse...

I never heard of anyone convenience-diapering their child. We went to Disney World once when I was a kid...the 4 of us kids ranged from 5-10 years old and not even the youngest - who still wet the bed at this point but was dry during the day - was diapered for the plane ride there or our visits to the park. I was toilet trained shortly after turning 2 and never put in a diaper again, not for long car rides or anything.

Can I just say....being so excited about kids in dapers is kind of creepy. They are kids! Its an amusement park there is so much to do and places to go...there are things to see....but your interested in kids wearing diapers. Y dont you worry about your own diapered se/f and let the children have their fun. Im skeeved out right now.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Once I was potty trained that was it for me. I was never put back into diapers. I think I was around 7ish when we went to Disneyland for the first time. I never wore a diaper and used the restroom. The last time I went to Disneyland my former roommate's daughter was in pull ups as she wasn't potty trained yet. I remember seeing another girl that appeared to be around 4-5ish running around with a diaper sticking out of her pants. I don't know if she was tall for her age and not yet potty trained or put into diapers for convience.

• 1 year later...

I live in Oceanside Calif, and my wife and I are a full member with a anual Premium pass so we can go anytime, I'm not a disposable diaper guy, I'm a cloth diaper and plastic pants boy, but when we go to Disneyland Calif, my wife will put me in a Bambino and a pair of snap-on plastic pants, and a pair of baggy cargo shorts with snaps in the crotch area, we carry a back pack with bambinos and about 5 pairs of plastic snap-on pants some are yellow blue and white and some baby powder, yes we do get a pack back check but they don't say anything they think I might just have weak bladder. But nobody can tell that I'm diapered and with a nice soaker in between my legs to give a little bulkyness. Be what you are and just have fun doing what you like with discretion, sure we want to act like we are little but we still have to be our big side as well. We can act like a little person at times when nobody knows what we are doing nor do they know we are in diapers in front of them. The fun part of being the way we are is having somebody that supports us and likes us the way we are but we do have to act in a discrete manner some times. That's my opinion whats yours.

ALOHA kimmers

I live in Florida and have been to disney world a number of times. Some of their attractions can have a 45-60 minute wait so I can see why some parents may want to convenience diaper their kids. I've always gone diapered myself and just hold our place in line while my wife goes to the bathroom. Alas, I was not able to go diapered as a child myself though I wish I could have.

we have a rule when we go... we will never get in line if the wait time says more than 25 minutes, because the wait times are usually 10-15 min off... and we go for 9-10 days at a time at disneyworld, so we manage our time so we never have to wait more than 25 minutes or we fast pass it. the only things we may wait longer for are the shows where u need to get there like an hour early to get a good seat.

Living in LA my whole life I have been to Disneyland many many times, it's not that far away and is just there, so I like many locals kind of take it for granted. I think the last time I went there was around Christmas / new years 2002 when I took Jenniebear. She had never been to any Disney park, and it was fun seeing her experience it for the first time. neither one of us wore to the park, but probably should have and it was C*R*O*W*D*E*D and just miserable. That is a great time to go though, because the weather is cooler and more enjoyable to be outside, but thats what THOUSANDS of other know and do as well....It's ridiculous. But anyways, as I said I have had the privilege of visiting the mouse house over many years, yet have never gone 'padded' usually we have gone when it was warm, and I don't see having my butt wrapped in plastic making things any more fun...though it could be handy or 'convenient'.

Now I have also been to Disney World Florida once, back around 1984....in August, so you know what the weather THERE was like H*O*T and humid....now if I didn't think wearing in Disneyland was a good idea......wearing then in WDW would have been insanely and miserable, Plus UI was traveling with my dad and younger bro....sooooo I don't think it would havce been possible. Even wearing there you sweat so much, a diaper would just make things worse, and you might really have top watch out for dehydration and heat stroke :o

If I ever go back to WDW in the future, it will be during a cooler climate....I might consider wearing...especially if I'm with other AB/DL types...that makes it more fun! :D

Disneyland....maybe also in the spring or winter or maybe fall, when it's cooler, but again with some other like minded people. But generally, when ever I have gone it's been very crowded and miserable. yeah I had fun, but I'm not a fan of standing in lines in the sun and heat....so I get a bit cranky, and being in a (wet?) diaper just might make things worse :P But nights are cooler and the ever present midnight fireworks show is ALWAYS AWESOME, but if I go again I'd like to be with other AB/DL types so zI just don't feel 'too' wierd :blush:

Something to ponder and maybe look forward to, if anyone is interested! ;)

Those parks open 365 days a year, or is it season based?

I only goes to parks when they just opened, or when they about to close in the end of season and/or when other ppl dont have their vacation (free from school etc)

Disney parks have only ever closed completely a few times in the history of the parks. However there are better times of the year to go than others. The week after thanksgiving to the week before christmas, the week after new years to mid february, than april-end of may, basically thinkg of when school is in session, thats when the parks are the best time to go. Thats why you always see commercials for buy 4 nights get the 5th free or book a 4 night trip get free dining for aronud september. Its because thats when kids go back to school and attendance at teh parks drop...

Now the parks will ALWAYS be busy, because people will still take their kids out of school, and some schools are the 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off schedule, and of course there are the international tourists... but in general the above are the best times to go.

Because of the location of the parks, there is no need for them to close ever. Even during hurricaines, they don't necessarily close at disney world, but certain rides may be shut down due to safety concerns.