LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Sights In Public?

I was wondering, has anyone saw other people wearing diapers in public?

Share your stories :)

Golly. GreenLeap, you have been a member of DD a long time. This is your 3rd post. It would sure have been nice if you had shared about seeing another adult in diapers in public.

Everyone who has read about me knows I grew up wearing "just-in-case" diapers on trips and for special events. Our Mom also nicely asked all my sisters and our younger brother to wear similar diapers, always pinned classic flat Curity 21x40" gauze diapers with Gerber vinyl panties. I was 8 years-old when I discovered most of the other kids we would see in restaurants were not diapered.

By the time I started living in a university dorm for pre-law I had reverted to bedwetting for 5 years. Because I told the university housing office, they paired me with Frances Weaver as my room mate. Frances also wore disposables to bed. We also wore disposables to parties where alcohol was served, as did many of the other students. During such parties I often saw gals changing their diapers in ladies rooms.

• Like 1

The fact IS that there are lots of adults out in public who are wearing diapers for any number of reasons. It's also a fact, that Angela will attest to, I'm sure, is that unless someone is determined to make sure others KNOW that they are wearing diapers, i.e., an obvious diaper bulge, or diapers/plastic pants showing, the products of a multi-BILLION dollar industry can be and ARE worn discreetly day in and day out. I can tell you, as well, that even the truly incontinent, in hospitals and nursing homes, are diapered for sanitary reasons, and not a second thought is given by others AND staff, NOR is the fact that someone there MAY be or HAS TO be in diapers means little. Diapers are, really, absorbent underwear, and that's IT. What a person makes of it, i.e., for the DL or AB, and how it affects them, i.e., seeing another adult, out in public, obviously diapered, being stimulating is OUR thing. For the "vanilla", the uninformed regarding diaper fetishism, adults who are or must be in diapers can be pathetic or a reason for sympathy and empathy. After all, diapers are for babies, right? : ) Sorry, Greenleaf, you posted something that is a continual thread throughout our "world". Sit back, get diapered, ENJOY! Enjoy being WHO you are and HOW you are. You'll live longer, feel tremendously free and enjoy a great deal of happiness!

• Like 1

Angela, thanks for the reply. Yes, I am a long time reader, just I'm not the one who's into speaking too much :) To say the truth I don't have a story, well once I saw a 15-16 year old girl walking with a bulge, but somehow I don't think that it was a diaper.

Tcc, thanks for the reply, but that's far from the topic.

I'm tapping into my memory banks now...

Ah, yes. Around '95, my family, a friend and I went to see the Dodgers play. We went to the game shortly after Mickey Mantle passed away. This was the first time I've ever attended a major sports event so I was totally soaking up the experience (no pun intended), but I noticed something peculiar when I headed to one of the restrooms. There was a long line that formed and I was standing behind someone who had an plastic, elastic waistline that you would normally see with diaper-wearers. He looked like he was in his late 50s to early 60s. He was talking to someone who looked much younger who asked him something like, "Good luck finding a stall to change in." At that time, I had no idea that adults even wore diapers. I was too young to understand.

Five years later, for a private school "orientation," we had to do obligatory community service at a nursing home. Normally after saying this, one could think, "Oh, he just saw some old person in a diaper. Nothing unusual with that," but that wasn't the case at all. The son of the nursing home director was being taken care of at the facility. He was 36, but he suffered a motorcycle accident several months earlier and had trouble recovering. He experienced short-term memory loss and had mild difficulty moving his body. He was very talkative to the students. I took a liking to the guy because he was very nice, very humble and he was making progress with his recovery. By the time I was at the nursing home, I registered an account on DPF and I was experiencing some incontinent episodes, but I couldn't anticipate what he would say to me next. He said to me privately, "They got me wearing diapers, and it actually doesn't bother me one bit." I looked at him with a puzzled look.

"Really?" I asked. He slowly pulled down his pants, revealing his disposable diaper, which was dry at that moment. He said to me something unusual, which was, "Be sure to wear them for the right reasons, so be careful and don't be so reckless. You'll be wearing these if you're too careless," and I blurted out something like, "I'm not careless, no, but they look cozy to wear." He raised an eyebrow and laughed. He thought it was being sarcastic, but I wasn't. That was the very first time I saw an adult in a diaper. Instead of having the common "Ew! Gross!" reaction, I nodded and accepted it like it was no big deal -- but I think he eventually picked up on the fact that I was very accepting of it. Before I left the facility, I said to him, "Save me a few when I visit again!" By the time I returned, he was gone and went back home to be with his family.

The most interesting sighting I ever had wasn't even really real. When I was in college I worked at Chuck E Cheese. Twin girl had their 18th birthday party, in full kid fashion, All their friends had the little hats on and it was basically all a big joke, but they had fun. The interesting part the two guests of honor, wear wearing diapers, well more like modified bedsheets and probably over shorts or panties. They were cut down, not the over exaggerated Halloween bed sheet diapers, the took their time making them. One had Pampers embroidered on them, they other had Huggies embroidered on hers. So year they were fake but driving me wild. I was so wondering their motivation, could have been DL's? I told one she looked cute, but was too afraid to try to talk too much to them. They were there for a few hours and weren't shy about walking around the restaurant and arcade. I think they had bottles or pacifiers too. I wish cell phone cameras were around back then.

I saw a girl 20ish a few months ago that I am 100% had diapers on under her shorts she had all the right bulges in all the right places. I think sightings here are ok, just not children, geriatrics, or handicapped which I have seen but never felt the need to report as a sighting.

Guest Wetnmessy247

With open eyes as of late, I begin to notice diapers more and more in public.

However it depends on your location. If you live on a beach city, chances are slim for public sightings.

Live next to a returement home, chnces are high.

But I do notice more where I am, with a broader scope of viewing. I know of one other guy in my apartment complex who is an ABDL. He uses diapers for wetting not messing, but we still get along. It's a sexual thing for him, not incontinence. We've talked about changing each other's dirty diapers, but I'm not ready yet cuz of the sexual aspect for him.

I do see others now nd again in the store.Believe it or not, linger in the baby diaper aisle long enough and you/ll see other ABDLs. Not long ago I met one in the baby diaper aisle. He (of course male...) was wearing a wet diaper so he told me and we chatted for awhile. I told him of here and he said he recently registered. I have not been able to find him here. Maybe we'l'l find each other looking for stuffers. I do get wet alot.

This is just tasteless. Just because d e e k e r is gone doesn't mean we need threads like this popping up over here.

He didn't ask about little kids in diapers, just other people. Calmn the heck down will ya! Try Xanax, it works for me.

• Like 2

I walk by a hospital on my commute, so I've had several 100% certain sightings. But of course they don't count. :) I do think that most people who are "on the lookout" for sightings let their imaginations get the better of them -- there is a photo thread on ABKingdom that is 1000% wishful thinking.

I personally don't get the interest in why people want to see others in diapers in the streets... some have to use them mediclly no fault to there own..

• Like 1

I know a lot of people saw me in just a diaper a t-shirt at Burning Man back in 2001.

everyone thought it was a costume as the theme that year was the 7 ages of man.

I think the major thing for most of us is the fact that if we are DL or AB, there is a feeling of decadence in wanting to be in diapers and being in them AND using them for their intended purpose, well past the age of diapers being "acceptable". For incons, getting beyond the shame and self-loathing many feel for being incontinent - and not by choice and beyond their control - and disgust at the burden and extra considerations they have to deal with on a daily basis with the need to consider "protection", there are some that have embraced diapers and their wear just as a DL or AB would. Obviously, making lemonade out of lemons is not only wise, but admirable, and makes dealing with HAVING to accept diapers 24/7 a lot easier.

That said, most DLs, ABs and Incons FEEL different, aiming this comment at Sookie. And, in feeling different, we want to know that we are not alone. Not only do we want acceptance, encouragement, participation and ultimately, for most, a partner that JOINS us in our DL or AB life, and embraces it, even to the point of making it a lifestyle, we want to know that there are others just like us "out there". I would be wonderful if every DL or AB, or even the DL/AB focussed Incon wore some sort of little badge that identified them - or, US, as it were. Then, we would truly know that we are not alone AND we would KNOW that there are others "out in public" very comfortable BEING "different" and just BEING different - diapered, as it were - whether there is/was an obvious diaper bulge or an audible "swish" of plastic backing on a disposable diaper (and, sadly, with the "breathable" backing on adult disposables, even THAT is going the way of the dinosaur!) or plastic pants over a cloth diaper.

In most cases you have to LOOK closely or LISTEN closely to detect diapers on another adult out in public. Most adult diaper wearers WANT to be DISCREET. They don't WANT it obvious, they don't WANT other people to know. They don't WANT sympathy (the incontient) and they don't WANT to be identified as a freak or singled out for someone to call the police because they've been discovered wearing diapers! Most DLs, even ABs, or incons would never dream of heading out to 7/11 for a Slurpee at midnight wearing just bulky diapers, a t-shirt and sandals. Yes, a fantasy and dream for the freedom to be able to do that, and have it be acceptable, FOR SOME, but it's going to get you a chat with a police officer and perhaps a free ride to the psyche ward at the local hospital for "observation" and maybe, an "interview".

Yes, Sookie, there ARE peeps out there in diapers for medical reasons, and that IS perfectly fine and acceptable. For the prudent DL or AB (who wants to just be in diapers OUTSIDE of an AB "scene"), defaulting to "medical reasons" if discovered being in diapers out in public is a perfectly good default. Who elses NEEDS to know the only reason your diapers are wet is because you CHOSE to soak them down? : ) And, if you are messy, you probably are pretty insensative toward others who could easily be offended by your "airs". Most incons, having an unexpected bowel movement, would not THINK to hang around out in public just to see what the reaction of others might be!

Greenleaf, your underlying questions are probably one that most of us in the DL/AB world have thought about from Day One. Are there others out there and I wonder if I will ever see another adult in public, diapered obviously enough to be detected? As has been noted already, the odds of seeing other adults in public, obviously diapered, are not good, except at certain times and at certain places. If that works for YOU, then that's where you put yourself to see that.

I keep hoping to see some gregarious female - at 55, a woman from 30-45 would do ME - acting oblivious to the fact that her diapers are showing under a shorter skirt, and not really caring WHO sees them or what they think about it. Alas, the best I can do is revel in the fact that MY WIFE looks REALLY hot in diapers, and WILL wear them WITH me and FOR me once in a while. I guess I have far more than a great many, and I am extremely grateful for that. I freguently tell my wife that, too!

One thing I forgot to add is that WE, DLs and ABs, are stimulated - maybe visually, maybe sexually - by the prop - diapers. So, since DIAPERS turn us on, the thought of OTHERS being in them, just like us, turns us on, and SEEING someone else wearing them OUT IN PUBLIC, to the point of being obvious, even to a discerning eye - which ours would HAVE to be - turns us on. So, since it's not handcuffs, or leather, or rubber, or anything else that is stimulating us (at least, in this forum) but diapers, it's OUR thing, and it's diapers that turn us on. Thus, being stimulated by seeing another adult, out in public, in diapers simply follows.

I think sometimes it is US that makes a big deal about a lot of things and once WE come to grips with US, and become comfortable with WHO we are and HOW we are, we can sit back and just enjoy life. And, if we choose to do so making diapers a part of that life, it's OUR choice, and so much the better for US, who will probably live longer, live with less stress and enjoy life more fully. That is just my editorial "2 cents". I LIKE who I am and HOW I am. That has made a difference in MY life. I can only wish the same for ALL my brothers and sisters in diapers out there!

Yeah, I've noticed a few people out and about who were wearing diapers. One was sitting in the waiting room at a doctor office. She was a woman with a cane and was in her mid to late 50's. A friend she recognized came in and sat down near her and they started to talk. The woman actually told her friend she was wearing "diapers" as she called them because she was having bladder problems. She was making light of it, like someone who was kind of embaressed that people might find out so instead told them in a casual way to lessen the embaressment.

As a straight guy, it's only natural that I look at the rear ends of cute women! As a DL, I think it's kind of normal to glance at people's diaper reagions to see if you can notice if anyone is wearing diapers for whatever reasons. I've noticed a few that I'm sure wear for medical needs. I would never think of approching any of them or saying anything to them. It's their business, not mine, and it wouldn't be proper for anyone to tell another person that they notice they must be wearing diapers. Only at an AB/DL get together would that be proper, and then the reply would be, "Well, DUH! That's why we are all here!"

I'm really sorry Tcc, maybe I'm too young, but I really can't understand why did you try to analise whole AB/DL inside thinking, when the topic clearly states diaper sights in public, everything is fine with this question, I didn't create this topic to turn my self on, firstly AB/DL is just a little part of my life, damn I have a girlfriend which doesn't know anything about it and never will so stop being a paranoic, there's hundreds of other things which can turn on and really there's no need to tell anyone else what's good and what's bad for them. No need to add anything more ;)

If I were to make a "sighting", I wouldn't post it here though it might go in my blog whistling.gifThis is a public place where others are directly affected by my actions, whereas my blog is strictly me and me alone. I always thought the 'sightings' section of that other site was partly invented stories, partly wishful thinking, and totally un-cool mad.gif All of us would love to lose the worry of being seen, with most of us not wanting to be one of those exposed which could make that happen sooner. In wanting to be unseen we are obligated to not expose others who may not want that exposure. To do otherwise is to be a hypocrite, an a$$hole, or both. Not my desired image at all, and not what I want to be like either.

Bettypooh,

still stuck at 2 emoticons and wanting to know why as well as how to fix it!

• 10 years later...